Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 06:36 PM

5,357 posts, read 4,458,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
You mean the death of the Iranian president might be untrue and a strategic lie on their part? I suppose it's possible, but I'd never thought of it that way and wouldn't put it past them.

But whoever replaces him, whether he's dead or alive, won't be any better toward the US and the West than he was - they'll still be active terrorists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
How so? That they faked Raisi's death? For what benefit?
Yes, my very first thoughts were:

Yeah right. He and his cohorts are going into "hiding."

OR

"They" killed him because, maybe, he wasn't destroying Israel fast enough.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2024, 07:16 PM

30,286 posts, read 11,932,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, if he's pretending to be dead, he will have to essentially be dead, and never show his face in public again. Then some other hot shot will be president. What happens if the people really like this new guy, and the new guy and the other bureaucrats are liking him too? Maybe then the dead guy should just be dead.
What could be gained by faking his death would be rallying support against Israel and America if they want to claim he was assassinated.

Old Yesterday, 07:07 AM

59,428 posts, read 27,577,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
Helicopters are pretty risky no matter what country is operating them, but I guess that would be the best way for high level people to get around. Assuming no reports of sabotage here......

A helicopter carrying Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi was involved in a hard landing while visiting a northern region and his condition is currently unknown, Iran’s semi-official Tasnim news agency reported on X on Sunday.

The aircraft came down in East Azerbaijan Province and emergency crews have so far been unable to reach it due to foggy conditions, Tasnim said. It is unclear what the exact status is of Raisi’s helicopter.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-...rigin=BBCS_BBC
There is a God after all!

Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM

7,676 posts, read 4,016,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Do you mean that the President of Iran was also a rapist who died in a helicopter crash?
The former, I have no idea, but the latter is clearly true.

What I meant was, did they crash into the side of a mountain in the fog? And that appears to be the case.

The next question is, why fly in the fog? In the Kobe case, the pilot was under pressure to meet a deadline and everyone died because he didn't have the courage to say "no."

Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM

1,896 posts, read 663,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
The former, I have no idea, but the latter is clearly true.

What I meant was, did they crash into the side of a mountain in the fog? And that appears to be the case.

The next question is, why fly in the fog? In the Kobe case, the pilot was under pressure to meet a deadline and everyone died because he didn't have the courage to say "no."
In aviation, this is called 'mission planning'. When I was active duty, mission planning for a normal training range sortie literally takes hrs. What jet are you assigned, how much fuel on T/O, what kind of training munition are you carrying, how long over the range, how much estimated fuel on landing, weather where you are and where you are going, etc...etc...

When you are flying VIPs, now mission planning takes days and difficulties are compounded by the fact that the VIP may want to go somewhere and some ways not to your liking based on your experience. Once airborne, you can override the VIP if necessary, but you know that your career will end on landing. But before T/O, if you refuse, there is always someone else willing to take the risks, and your career will end, of course, because you refused based on your experience.

In flying VIPs, the aircraft commander is usually the mission commander, and is not always the best pilot. Highly experienced over many if not most, yes, but not always TECHNICALLY the best. The mission commander is selected based on his experience, wisdom, and judgement. The one that actually moves the stick/rudder is the co-pilot who would be a command pilot in regular assignments.

Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM

19,105 posts, read 12,789,310 times
The Iranian prez was literally stoned to death by a mountain

Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM

7,676 posts, read 4,016,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
In aviation, this is called 'mission planning'. When I was active duty, mission planning for a normal training range sortie literally takes hrs. What jet are you assigned, how much fuel on T/O, what kind of training munition are you carrying, how long over the range, how much estimated fuel on landing, weather where you are and where you are going, etc...etc...

When you are flying VIPs, now mission planning takes days and difficulties are compounded by the fact that the VIP may want to go somewhere and some ways not to your liking based on your experience. Once airborne, you can override the VIP if necessary, but you know that your career will end on landing. But before T/O, if you refuse, there is always someone else willing to take the risks, and your career will end, of course, because you refused based on your experience.

In flying VIPs, the aircraft commander is usually the mission commander, and is not always the best pilot. Highly experienced over many if not most, yes, but not always TECHNICALLY the best. The mission commander is selected based on his experience, wisdom, and judgement. The one that actually moves the stick/rudder is the co-pilot who would be a command pilot in regular assignments.
I don't think even the military flies helos in the fog. And they have access to terrain-following radar.

It's likely that Bell they were flying didn't have TFR.

Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM

1,896 posts, read 663,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
I don't think even the military flies helos in the fog. And they have access to terrain-following radar.

It's likely that Bell they were flying didn't have TFR.
Supposedly FDR said: "a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor"

Same idea applies to aviation. Before the USAF, I learned how to fly in little Cessna 152 while in high skool. You have to learn how to fly in inclement weather. Am not talking about tornadoes or hail. But you have to learn how to fly in weather conditions where you must test your knowledge and skills to their limits. A more experienced pilot will have a greater range of knowledge and skills than you, of course.

It is too early to tell if weather is the main cause. Two other helos were accompanying and flew under the same weather conditions. So that leads to a technical cause of the mishap severe enough to kill everyone. That Bell helo would not have TFR. From my F-111 days, TFR is to literally take control of the airplane and fly pitch up/down based on radar ground echoes. No pilot is alert and responsive enough to fly even soft TF for long. That Bell helo could have a RADAR ALTIMETER and that is a different issue.

Radar altimeter tells you how high you are from whatever ground you are flying over. This is not from sea level. A mountain top is 1000 meters above sea level so the radar altimeter would tell you 0, not 1000. If you are flying 100 meters above that mountain, the radar altimeter would say 100, not 1100. Atmospheric altimeter would say 1100. This is high level explanation of radar altimeter.

Whether that Bell helo had a radar altimeter or not is unknown. We will just have to wait for Iran to say something about it. If no radar altimeter, then it is up to the pilots to visually fly the helo in that bad weather. And that is dangerous even for highly experienced pilots.

Old Today, 09:11 AM

4,615 posts, read 3,812,077 times
How does Ayatollah Khamenei travel around Iran? Next up, need to see how he can have an "accident." He doesn't seem like he takes helicopters? I doubt there's trains since Iran is so mountainous so he can't really use Kim Jong Un's method of travel.

Israel needs to hurry up, quit wasting time, and hit him.

Old Today, 09:31 AM

31,203 posts, read 22,229,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
The Iranian prez was literally stoned to death by a mountain
Seems fitting, doesn't it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies