Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:56 PM

48 posts, read 199,445 times

Advertisements

Thanks Wendelyn Piquette you said...There are a few Indian restaurants on Banksville Rd, both in the Banksville Plaza shopping center, and at the Days Inn. (I am not good with curry, but I've heard they're very good).

Thanks for the Indian rest. ideas We went to the Days Inn one, and walked out, went up the street to Namaste, it was okay but still looking!!! I did end up in Oakland recently at a Korean rest that had pretty good food. Still looking though for awesome Jam Bong! PGH does not have a Chinatown, is that correct???

I picked up the City Paper, and WOW, that was simply a wealth of information too. I even found a contemporary furniture store I can't wait to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 07:59 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Anything on good food??? Like Indian, Thia, Korean etc? Thanks again for all the links!
For Indian, have you been to India Garden on Atwood in Oakland? Spice Island (also on Atwood) has a more pan-Asian menu, as does Soba in Shadyside on Ellsworth. For Thai, I like Bangkok Balcony in Squirrel Hill, and the same owners also run the Silk Elephant, which is an Asian tapas menu.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:15 AM

48 posts, read 199,445 times
thanks fleetiebelle... I walked past the India Garden on Sun. on my way to Ginzo (or something like that) on Atwood which was a sushi/korean place. We'll check that one out another day. I do miss our old Indian rest. in Phila. Their buffet was awesome, was across the street from MacDonalds', so we would go thru the drivethru grab a happy meal for the kids and they were happy while we were eating yummy Indian!!!

Old 04-22-2008, 07:01 PM

3 posts, read 31,228 times
I think that this has already been created.

Check out: PittsburghVibe | Pittsburgh Notes by Locals

Dre

Old 04-22-2008, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 24,954 times
Thanks guys! Wow! We are possibly relocating this summer, were on this sight can I find out about a racially diverse, kid friendly,safe area in which to live?

Old 04-22-2008, 10:25 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,003,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslm View Post
Thanks guys! Wow! We are possibly relocating this summer, were on this sight can I find out about a racially diverse, kid friendly,safe area in which to live?
You might want to just start a new thread and ask for suggestions.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:24 PM

314 posts, read 848,928 times
This site has been a wealth of help to me in getting ellusive square footage on houses as well as other very useful info and pics!

Allegheny County Assessment

Old 05-04-2008, 06:34 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,627,786 times
Concert news/venues/updates...

Post Gazette Pavillion Post-Gazette Pavilion Official Site. Find Concert Tickets, Schedule, Seating Charts, Information for Post-Gazette Pavilion, A Live Nation Venue

Rex Theater
rextheatre.com

Palace Theater
The Palace Theatre - Greensburg, Pennsylvania

Carnegie Music Hall (Homestead)
EventKeeper at Carnegie Library of Homestead - Plymouth Rocket Web Calendar Solution

Mellon Arena
Mellon Arena » Events (http://www.mellonarena.com/site4.php - broken link)

Pepsi Cola Roadhouse
:: Pepsi-Cola Roadhouse ::

Mr. Smalls
Mr. Smalls

Joker Productions (shows at Diesel and Club Cafe)
Joker Productions :: Home

Elko Concerts
Welcome to Elko Concert Productions, Pittsburgh Concerts and Shows

Pittsburgh Cultural Trust
The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust

WYEP's Concert Calendar
91.3fm wyep :: concert calendar

Y103's Concert Calemdar (radio station out of Youngstown, that lists Pittsburgh and surrounding area)
Y-103 The Classic Rock Station (http://www.y-103.com/may.htm - broken link)

Old 05-10-2008, 10:27 AM

314 posts, read 848,928 times
I found the document that tells what PGH city schools feed into street by street. You just pop in the strret name and it tells you what scool that street feeds into.
http://www.pps.k12.pa.us/14311012710...ory_3.7.08.pdf

Once you have the school, you can see the stats and get a website address for it here:
Pittsburgh Public Schools | School Directory

Very helpful!!

Old 05-18-2008, 08:34 AM

36 posts, read 246,519 times
I would like to visit the Carneqie Musemums.Does the T stop there? Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh