Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2023, 08:12 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,193,480 times

Advertisements

It's physical and social evolution in action
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2023, 08:19 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,406,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
We should get ChatGPT to post here and raise the bar.
Or you could have just read post #21 which gave the same answer. It was written by a person who studied sociopathy and spent half a life-time working with character disordered people.

Old 01-20-2023, 08:26 PM

11,424 posts, read 5,967,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
My preliminary theory: Boys, at play, are allowed/encouraged to engage in a Victor/Victim paradigm, so they arre readily trainable as Warriors if needed. In the absence of war, some boys retain that as a civilian career.
Your post seems to imply an environmental or social cause why men commit crimes.

I think it is biological.

Men - testosterone

Women - estrogen

It is just the nature of the sexes. Men are just more likely to be violent and take what they want. I would say the nature of men is toward criminality unless raised in a civilized and moral way to repress that tendancy, which most of us are.

Old 01-20-2023, 09:03 PM

1,364 posts, read 991,037 times
Quote:
Why do Men commit nearly all felonies?
They don't. Majority yes, but not "nearly all". Still, I'd be interested to hear/see your source.

Old 01-20-2023, 09:07 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,595,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

This isn't really rocket science. Look at Putin who just invaded Ukraine, 30 years of European peace come crumbling down. If Russia was under the leadership of a woman, that doesn't
happen.
It's anecdotal rocket science.
Would a woman in the White House have invaded Korea, Vietnam, Dominican, Panama, Grenada,
iraq, Afghaniatan? I wouldn't bet on the likes of Hillary or Harris to end the senseless slaughter.. The American Congress voted almost unanimously, every single Congresswoman, to crush Iraq without provocation. There's a woman on every hanging jury, a woman who has the power to nullify..

Old 01-20-2023, 09:20 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,595,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Play_Poker View Post
I am no feminist , at least I don't think I am. But I sure would like to know how you have come to the conclusion that men and women are equal. and leveled even you say in the past fifty years.

OH SHUCKS ...I see you are right , I forgot it was not that long ago that , woman couldn't vote. OHHH , wow , I am pretty sure we can even make a somewhat large purchase these days , all by ourselves , not being married and having the man who must make the purchase and own it , and the woman. Wow , seriously not long ago, a man could beat his wife all he wanted.......The male is built different from a female. He is larger , faster, stronger, he can do so much more than a woman. He also has violent (genes or something physical that a woman does.t have) needs that the female doesn't get. And since you want to be picky about crime or violence, most crime is violent. Maybe not in a beat up bloody way, but bad deeds affect us badly and yes can be mentally violent. White collar crime is an violent assault on society's senses and especially to the individuals that get lied to and ripped off.

anyway men do more crime because men are out there doing more of everything than women all the time. They are out there getting more done. They are the mover shakers of the world, men do more, are respected more, and it is a mans world , PERIOD.

Before anyone thinks that I am putting women down , I am not. Besides , look at the shape the world is in at the brains of man. SMH, I still love men just not many.
Read my OP. I postulated that the crime discrepancy is because of an inequality imposed by social expectations in childhood. Some adjustments have been made, nut not others.

Old 01-20-2023, 10:46 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,525,368 times
There was a thread a while back that looked at violent crime & genetics. Some interesting replies to the thread.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/grea...s-genetic.html

Old 01-21-2023, 03:02 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,735,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Because majority of men since the ancient times are the hunters and equipped to be.
I think its upbringing and ignorance ..and men doing what they saw in the past about the treatment of women.. They could get away with it years ago..

Old 01-21-2023, 03:24 AM

3,052 posts, read 2,923,848 times
Quote:
My preliminary theory: Boys, at play, are allowed/encouraged to engage in a Victor/Victim paradigm, so they arre readily trainable as Warriors if needed. In the absence of war, some boys retain that as a civilian career.
Testosterone. Pretty much it.

Old 01-21-2023, 04:05 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,929,741 times
If anyone ever gets off the low information (how/what) end of the topic...
if someone actually addresses the WHY behid that how and that what ...
let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy