Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2023, 04:16 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Hello, I am the woman who was TroutDude's life partner for the past few years. I want to let the people here who knew him know that TroutDude died last month at home after a long illness. His sons and I were at home with him, and he drew his last breath quietly and peacefully in his sleep.

He spoke of once having had a very vivid dream of fishing in the most beautiful place along a clear stream, and ever after, he believed that he would see that place again in the next life. He loved nature and all of its features and creatures and felt a kinship with all creation, and so we like to think that his spirit made its way to the place alongside that stream where he'd found such peace and beauty in his dream.

TroutDude thought of the Great Blue Heron as his totem or spirit animal because one always seemed to appear at significant times throughout his life. Should the heron cross your path, give it a wave. It might be an old friend saying hello.
So very sorry for your loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2023, 12:46 AM

3,798 posts, read 2,993,610 times
Sorry to hear about TroutDude.
I knew he must have passed away, as his name was in black, ie as an eternal member.
Only just read this though on the Paganism forum.
My condolences to you, and all of your and TroutDudes family.
No doubt he is catching that next big fish on the other side!

Old 07-03-2023, 07:30 PM

1,750 posts, read 753,206 times
I am saddened to just now see this and wish you (the poster) the best in your tough time.

TroutDude was a very giving and generous person. Somewhere there is clear water and fish....his soul lives on there....just as his positive contributions lives on in the hearts of those who knew him.

I know that he made me a better person and am sad I didn't reach out more. He offered me good advice at times when needed.

He was such a kind soul that he would thank a rock for allowing him to use it as a seat.

“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.” - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by QuakerBaker; 07-03-2023 at 07:49 PM..

Old 07-04-2023, 11:34 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,154,989 times
Well, that sucks.

Old 07-04-2023, 06:27 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
I know right, one time he didnt want to take no for an answer, was going to send me a few hundred dollars, and it was no empty offer. I mean, I think he tried to put on the face of a scary bear, but he was just a teddy bear, big seeetheart, I sure miss him.

Old 07-14-2023, 09:48 PM

529 posts, read 181,972 times
Quote:
Hello, I am the woman who was TroutDude's life partner for the past few years. I want to let the people here who knew him know that TroutDude died last month at home after a long illness. His sons and I were at home with him, and he drew his last breath quietly and peacefully in his sleep.

He spoke of once having had a very vivid dream of fishing in the most beautiful place along a clear stream, and ever after, he believed that he would see that place again in the next life. He loved nature and all of its features and creatures and felt a kinship with all creation, and so we like to think that his spirit made its way to the place alongside that stream where he'd found such peace and beauty in his dream.

TroutDude thought of the Great Blue Heron as his totem or spirit animal because one always seemed to appear at significant times throughout his life. Should the heron cross your path, give it a wave. It might be an old friend saying hello.
Oh so sorry for your loss, I never got a chance to meet TrouDude, but he really seems like a wonderful person I would love to have known! Thanks for letting us know, and I promise to wave to him if I see him swimming in the stream! Hugs!

If you haven't seen this 2003 movie already, please check it out! It is one of the most beautiful stories of a man that lived a full life and returned to the water as a fish when it was time for him to leave our world.

https://youtu.be/T6M-jwyz28U

Old 09-16-2023, 05:48 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times
Quote:

Trout and I had some nice exchanges once I became an atheist pagan. May I ask what he passed away from?

Old 09-17-2023, 08:25 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Trout and I had some nice exchanges once I became an atheist pagan. May I ask what he passed away from?
TroutDude died from a rare condition called paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration, an immune system response to a previously-undetected tumor in his lung. It destroys the cells responsible for all coordination in the body and rendered him physically but not mentally incapacitated. From what I understand, he was not in great pain, and he died peacefully in his sleep.

Old 11-22-2023, 02:48 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,276,683 times
I know this is many months late but in honor of Trout Dude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uajsQKj4aEc

Cat

Old 11-23-2023, 08:15 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Nice, Cat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism