Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2023, 08:13 PM

529 posts, read 181,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesevar View Post
Had a dream where last night where I was in a protestant church. I have never had a "Christian" dream before. It was unusual. Now I think a old co-worker of mine who is more fundamentalist is praying for me to convert to Christianity. Sort of like "casting her spell to get me to potentially join her christian church".

I do believe in the power of prayer, affirmation, concentration and the like and I don't think this was just a random dream. Either she is or someone else is trying to convert me to Christianity I think.

So, do any folk out there believe this is possible to intuit dreams - obviously the conclusion is totally up for debate as to what this dream meant.

Another dream I had was a darker dream with Brigitte Bardot in it. I just had a "black" feel to it in the sense of black magick, not anything else. So yeah one night Brigitte Bardot and the next church?

To be fair I just discovered a fb page of BB and love the pics! But the one dream was quite twisted/left handed.

Would be interested in anyone's thoughts.
Merry Meet Julesevar, sorry for the delayed response, I'm kind of new around here, I joined in the end of April, 2023, but I like your question and we would love to answer it as best I can.

In regards to Christians, they would never use prayers like a spell for supernatural Magick in the form of astral dream contact with you, that's generally against their religion.

They can pray for someone's salvation and ask God to come into your life, but they would expect God to come to you directly and not in a dream. In every biblical accounts I know of from the Holy Spirit of God, It always came to it's followers when they were awake.

Since you feel this lady is praying for you, it could be in your subconscious mind and may explain why you dreamed about her.

I know some witches can astral dream into another person's dreams because I have that gift, but I wouldn't do it unless there was consent to the person I astral travel to. If a Christian did intend to have God come to you in a dream I hope they would ask for permission first!

I guess the last question I have for you is how do you feel about her praying for you? I hope it's not causing you problems, it seems that fundamentalist mean well, but they can be a little pushy at times. Believe me I know lol, I lost count how many prayed for my supposedly lost soul ha-ha.

It's funny but kind of sad too, because they can get a little offended from time to time when I offer them my love and light spell energy in appreciation of their prayers for me. They just can't seem to get the connection that if they have the right to pray for me, I have the right to send them love and light from my religion too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2023, 03:04 AM

249 posts, read 332,121 times
Default thanks for the response

Quote:
Originally Posted by High.priestess.Sarah View Post
Merry Meet Julesevar, sorry for the delayed response, I'm kind of new around here, I joined in the end of April, 2023, but I like your question and we would love to answer it as best I can.

In regards to Christians, they would never use prayers like a spell for supernatural Magick in the form of astral dream contact with you, that's generally against their religion.

They can pray for someone's salvation and ask God to come into your life, but they would expect God to come to you directly and not in a dream. In every biblical accounts I know of from the Holy Spirit of God, It always came to it's followers when they were awake.

Since you feel this lady is praying for you, it could be in your subconscious mind and may explain why you dreamed about her.

I know some witches can astral dream into another person's dreams because I have that gift, but I wouldn't do it unless there was consent to the person I astral travel to. If a Christian did intend to have God come to you in a dream I hope they would ask for permission first!

I guess the last question I have for you is how do you feel about her praying for you? I hope it's not causing you problems, it seems that fundamentalist mean well, but they can be a little pushy at times. Believe me I know lol, I lost count how many prayed for my supposedly lost soul ha-ha.

It's funny but kind of sad too, because they can get a little offended from time to time when I offer them my love and light spell energy in appreciation of their prayers for me. They just can't seem to get the connection that if they have the right to pray for me, I have the right to send them love and light from my religion too.
Hey HIgh Priestess Sarah: I don't think that this particular person is still praying for me. Thinking about me yes, but more than likely not praying for me. It was just strange to have a vision of a church one night and a "darker" dream the next. So I don't get to interact with many here as most don't answer or seem to appreciate my questions. look for yourself!!! Blessed be!

Old 06-03-2023, 11:48 AM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Had a dream where last night where I was in a protestant church. I have never had a "Christian" dream before. It was unusual. Now I think a old co-worker of mine who is more fundamentalist is praying for me to convert to Christianity. Sort of like "casting her spell to get me to potentially join her christian church".

I do believe in the power of prayer, affirmation, concentration and the like and I don't think this was just a random dream. Either she is or someone else is trying to convert me to Christianity I think.

So, do any folk out there believe this is possible to intuit dreams - obviously the conclusion is totally up for debate as to what this dream meant.

Another dream I had was a darker dream with Brigitte Bardot in it. I just had a "black" feel to it in the sense of black magick, not anything else. So yeah one night Brigitte Bardot and the next church?

To be fair I just discovered a fb page of BB and love the pics! But the one dream was quite twisted/left handed.

Were you standing in the middle isle of an empty church?

Old 06-03-2023, 03:49 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
The most the living God will do is when a prayer of authority comes will deliver a person from demons and fallen angels and powers of darkness out and away from a person temporary cleansed,......... Then as the bible does say seven more comes to that person worst then before where God will not deliver demons until the prayer come up again in the hope people will wake up

Old 10-17-2023, 01:17 PM

975 posts, read 535,284 times
Quote:

I live next door to my brother and sometimes he and I don't see eye to eye. He goes to a church that is a few blocks away and our cousin used to go to that church. Also the neighbor next to my brother, who I talk to over the fence sometimes, used to go to that church. I was bugged at my brother for some reason but just let it go as he is kind of abrasive sometimes, when my cousin called and asked me what I believe. We had a really good conversation and she said that she was quitting that church because the people were too judgemental. A few months later the neighbor asked me out of the blue "Why does your brother have your name on the non-believers prayer list? You believe in god don't you?" I told him I didn't know about that prayer list but that it explained something about my brother's attitude towards me. He was angry about other things that went on in that church, and even said that it is wrong to keep using the same prayer list over and over. It seems my name was on that list for 3 years. That's the whole thing about prayer and affirmations, if you have to say it over and over you indicate that you don't believe it will happen so it doesn't happen.

As for your question, yes, I think we do get information about what is going on all the time, information that has nothing to do with anyone saying anything directly.

Another example. I had two weird dreams about coworkers. I worked in a huge building filled with cubicles. In the morning 3 of us would chat for a few minutes before work. One of the guys would come in at 7 and the other two of us came in at 8:30. My dreams, the first one we were all at a party and the 3 of us were having a good time but the boss was sitting on a couch across from us glowering at us, unhappy about something. The second dream all 3 of us were moved down into the vestibule in front of the stairs and we had to share a table and one computer. Impossible as we were all programmers working on different software. So, then I go to work and am called in to the bosses office to be told that I am causing too much noise and disturbance with my two cohorts. The other two were moved to different rows in the cubeville. There was one person in our row that didn't belong, as she was not a programmer, and was on the phone a lot. She had complained about us specifically as if we were the only 3 that chatted during the day. I think it was more about what we talked about than that we were talking. Not long after that she got moved to a different room. Our boss was not great, he was more of a knee jerk reactor, never really wanting to know what we were doing as long as no one complained.

Old 11-15-2023, 11:00 AM

10,990 posts, read 6,857,477 times
Quote:

There is a saying that seeking to change someone's "karma" is in itself karma-producing. It is never acceptable to pray or cast a spell for one's own benefit or beliefs if the target of the prayer or spell is not interested and even averse to the outcome. It is interfering with the free will of another. "Karma" has been defined partially as interfering with the free will of another. One should always ask someone else if they are willing to receive prayer on their behalf.

Years ago I strong Christian friend of mine from my childhood was praying for me to return to the church. At first I was not happy about it and then I thought, "hey I can use all the prayers I receive! Why not?" The upshot was that I did return to the church for a while (but not her denomination). I gained benefit from it and learned some life lessons from it.

I have returned to the teachings of Ernest Holmes, the original person behind that slick ripoff called "The Secret." several years ago. I highly recommend anyone to that they read The Science of Mind and his many other books. Most of them are short. The 12 lessons video is available on YouTube. It's a narration of his short book.
https://youtu.be/VVdicrTLkgY?si=Iu8PK_IDp6mLN8vs
Ernest Holmes was born before the year 1900 and his father was a preacher in Vermont. He had a basic foundation in Christianity. He later awakened to the reality of the Divine Creative Mind and how it works - the law of Cause and Effect.

I would say a little prayer negating any effect your friend's prayer has upon you, but don't make a big deal out of it. All you have to do is affirm silently or out loud that you have your own beliefs and practices and are content with them for the time being. She means well, from her individual perspective.

There are darker dreams that contain both incubus and succubus entities. Again, I wouldn't make too much of it. That's allowing the energy in. You always want to keep the energy around you high, and full of light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism