Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 08:12 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Yes, agreed. That's why I practice Multiple religions. Because when one confines to just a single religion, then one usually becomes dogmatic. In other words, Fundamentalist.
Because at one point during the 1970s I was brainwashed by a Fundamentalist group. And they brainwashed me by using the element of Fear. Fear is said to be man's strongest emotion, and that's what most religions use to manipulate and brainwash. Religion is supposed to be about love but regrettably it seems to be mostly about fear.

The best way to fight against fear is by studying as many different religions as you can. After a while, one can even develop one's own beliefs.
This is wisdom gained from first-hand experience.

Pass it on to the grasshoppers.

Old 12-07-2019, 05:06 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
I dont know where to start..I self identify as agnostic I suppose. Like, there is something there but dont know what. But tottering on the edge of atheism. Because nothing "feels" right. I have always believed in the spirituality of nature. And the power of the mind, but not "magical" like in the movies. I dont believe the Christian doctrine. And I dont know what I believe or where to start or how to figure out if what I think is true is and if it has a name. There are so many different names for things. I once had an experience in a dream or vision where I saw that every thing is connected by a series of ties or strings and we are all intertwined and our fates are intertwined. And the people closest are stronger bigger ties. All the ties comes back to single bright spot in the universe. Maybe heaven? Valhalla? I dont have any clue..help!?
In reference to your dream this may interest you. Grandmother Spider And The Web Of Life by Taino Ti - Weed Wanderings Herbal eZine with Susun Weed
It is a beautiful article on Grandmother Spider who wove the web of life in Native American beliefs. Maybe it will give you a additional insight into your dream (?) That did sound like a very lovely dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 06:39 PM

27 posts, read 20,395 times
I agree about forming your own path mostly, up to a point. Part of spirituality for me is making altars, ritual tools and so forth, the interaction between myself and the spiritual part of the universe happens there. In that case it is good to have a common vocabulary of symbols to work with so I incorporate some cultural spiritual practices for that reason. I have had it be mostly helpful but sometimes problematic in it's own way.

Druidry has ended up being the one path with the most in common with my intuitive understandings. It values inspiration as a spiritual goal, very important to me. I never was interested in magic for getting power but in how the understanding of it opens up the whole world and makes it all so much more interesting and alive.

When I am deciding what to incorporate or not, sometimes it helps to think about what the end purpose of the path is supposed to be, like liberation from matter vs. greater connection to the world around you.

Old 09-06-2021, 05:19 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Fatigue View Post
I agree about forming your own path mostly, up to a point. Part of spirituality for me is making altars, ritual tools and so forth, the interaction between myself and the spiritual part of the universe happens there. In that case it is good to have a common vocabulary of symbols to work with so I incorporate some cultural spiritual practices for that reason. I have had it be mostly helpful but sometimes problematic in it's own way.

Druidry has ended up being the one path with the most in common with my intuitive understandings. It values inspiration as a spiritual goal, very important to me. I never was interested in magic for getting power but in how the understanding of it opens up the whole world and makes it all so much more interesting and alive.

When I am deciding what to incorporate or not, sometimes it helps to think about what the end purpose of the path is supposed to be, like liberation from matter vs. greater connection to the world around you.
Hey, this struck me strongly today. Thanks for sharing the insight.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:38 PM

27 posts, read 20,395 times
You're welcome, I am happy to hear it made sense.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:52 AM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
Maybe heaven?
well, that is the Christianity thing.

Valhalla?
Viking on, Garth.

I dont have any clue..help!?
no one else has any clue, either.
Yea, you need to go ahead and go to heaven because there is so much you arent aware of yet. Me and Trout are going to walk into Valhalla like the kings we are, we gonna get some champagne handed to us in horns by the multitudes as our parade is moving closer to the throne, but when we get close enough, I am going to slap that whining Thor around, take his hammer while Trout takes care of that one eyed Odin, and we will rise above the stars.

See, I dont know if it would be safe for you, you gonna have to pick a side of being with us or again us and we dont take prisoners, yea, you better get on that bus to heaven and sing Cumebyya, and all that hell, you can sit back safely for at least a thousand years, bout the time me and kingfish begin our next mission, then you might wanna visit hell for a while till everything settles down, old Lucy really got a raw deal, they call her Lucifer, and it's so bizzarre cause everyone thinks Lucy is a dude brahaha, yea, sexy thing that she is, she wont hurt you that good, she just whispers things in your ear and then bites you ever so kindly, heck, the only reason she got a bad name is because of her tail, but I think cute.

Old 10-18-2021, 04:18 PM

13 posts, read 17,710 times
They will come to you, pay attention to the signs in your life, or god/goddess names or portraits coming to you.

Old 11-17-2021, 04:49 AM

4,621 posts, read 2,219,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
I dont know where to start..I self identify as agnostic I suppose. Like, there is something there but dont know what. But tottering on the edge of atheism. Because nothing "feels" right. I have always believed in the spirituality of nature. And the power of the mind, but not "magical" like in the movies. I dont believe the Christian doctrine. And I dont know what I believe or where to start or how to figure out if what I think is true is and if it has a name. There are so many different names for things. I once had an experience in a dream or vision where I saw that every thing is connected by a series of ties or strings and we are all intertwined and our fates are intertwined. And the people closest are stronger bigger ties. All the ties comes back to single bright spot in the universe. Maybe heaven? Valhalla? I dont have any clue..help!?
If you're into nature learn about the druids and the celts. It is an interesting belief system.

Old 01-04-2023, 02:46 PM

39 posts, read 20,453 times
A vision declares the start of the spiritual road and connection to divinity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism