Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 02:45 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,669,615 times

Advertisements

Welcome Cat & company- once he arrives.
No Superbowl here either. I click around the web to see the commercials after they air though.
The only time I ever enjoyed watching sports was when my one son played football. I surprised myself. Anyone watching me on the sidelines would think I was a 'football mom'. I would shout and cheer like crazy.

I also do photography. My current claim to fame is that some of my photographs and paintings are in a gallery show this month. Some of the photos I take, I digitally manipulate and make mandalas. It's fun because I never know why the end result will be and some are just perfectly wonderful.
....let me set it up so I can post a few....need to do the photobucket upload runaround....
And I want to see others images too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 02:46 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
WOW! I'm not the only one who doesn't watch the Super Bowl? I hate, hate, hate football. One time I was "forced" to watch a game. I was outnumbered let everyone know that I wasn't very happy about having to watch. Then something happened on the field and I said, "Oh, that's a touchback." Everyone in the room looked at me as if I had 3 heads and said, "No, that's not a touchback." Then the announcer said it was indeed a touchback. They all looked at me asked how the hell did I know that. I told them that I hate football. That doesn't mean that I don't know how the game is played.

The only sport that I follow is baseball. I like the Red Sox & the Mets. But, I usually just follow the scores then watch a game-but will watch once in a while. Don't usually watch the Olympics but I do like watching the figure skating & gymnastics.

Granddaughter #3 (who will be 7 next week) is taking horseback riding lessons and is taking to it. We are making sure that the grandkids have some kind of lesson. A few are really into gymnastics. Another is taking piano lessons and Granddaughter #4 (who will be 5 this weekend) is taking skiing lessons. I believe that EVERYONE needs some kind of creativity.

Cat
Hey, that's my line! I'm always saying that.

My creative thing is writing. I've had a few things published over the years, but can't quit the day job, as they say. Working slowly on a historical novel, but real life gets in the way. Still I plug on when I can, and I belong to a pretty good writers' group. I can't sing, paint, or dance, so writing's it for me!

But I really do believe everyone needs that creative outlet, whatever it may be.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:55 PM

MQ- do you blog? I would love to read some of your stuff.
Found one mandala already in photobucket-

Old 03-15-2014, 11:27 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Nifty mandala, Owl.

Cat, I browsed your photos and they look great. I especially like some of the butterflies and other critters. I mostly focus on wildlife myself.

Here's a couple.

My JRT brother is a bubble killer.

This cutie's wistfulness is almost palpable. Dang fence....

I don't think there's a cuter bird than a newly-fledged Cardinal. Their crests always look like they slept on them just a little bit wrong.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:53 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,276,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Nifty mandala, Owl.

Cat, I browsed your photos and they look great. I especially like some of the butterflies and other critters. I mostly focus on wildlife myself.

Here's a couple.

My JRT brother is a bubble killer.

This cutie's wistfulness is almost palpable. Dang fence....

I don't think there's a cuter bird than a newly-fledged Cardinal. Their crests always look like they slept on them just a little bit wrong.

Wonderful shots. Love them.

I love shooting birds.

Cat

Old 03-15-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post

Did you take that? That is a cool shot.

Cat

Old 03-15-2014, 06:32 PM

Cat- The mandala us from a picture of giant bamboo that I took. I selected a pie slice of the image and flip-flopped it until I had a complete circle.

TD- I have a Jack Rat. She's one of those dogs that jumps into your arms. She sort of cheats, using the thought to get that extra distance. Her grandmother had a soot just like your Jack.
I said, but never did, for halloween I wanted to color her green, put a small white circle inside her spot with the number '8' inside the white circle.

Last edited by OwlKaMyst; 03-15-2014 at 06:41 PM..

Old 03-16-2014, 07:52 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Oops, I missed this. Beautiful! Green is my favorite color, too.

No, I don't blog. I'm working now on a historical novel, but it's going very slowly. I have a rather intense job with long hours and a long commute, and generally deal with horrid nonfiction all day that reads something like, "The scope of services to be performed by the Consultant shall included but not be limited to..."

Fun stuff.

Looks like we have dog people on this thread! I have three cats--had four, but lost one in December. Still miss her.

Love the photo of the bird, above. I love birds.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oops, I missed this. Beautiful! Green is my favorite color, too.

No, I don't blog. I'm working now on a historical novel, but it's going very slowly. I have a rather intense job with long hours and a long commute, and generally deal with horrid nonfiction all day that reads something like, "The scope of services to be performed by the Consultant shall included but not be limited to..."

Fun stuff.

Looks like we have dog people on this thread! I have three cats--had four, but lost one in December. Still miss her.

Love the photo of the bird, above. I love birds.

I'm sure you can tell by my username, I am a cat person-that's not to say that I don't like dogs. I have 2 but have had several over my lifetime. I had 4 very special furbabies at once but they have all crossed the Rainbow Bridge (sniff, sniff). I have also lost a few others, too and even though it has been a LONG time since they have crossed the bridge, I still miss ALL of them-I will always miss them.

To me, ANY animal companion is WONDERFUL! I can't imagine life without a cat or two (and I have talked Hubby into getting a 3rd one which we will in a few months). A few of my sibs do not have an animal companion and I just think, "how sad." They just enrich our lives.

Cat

Old 03-16-2014, 10:30 AM

Geeze MQ- having to deal with texts like that, no wonder you 'got' my name, dealing I words all day long. Have you considered a digital voice recorder to 'tell' your story into during your long commute?
I am lame in the writing department. I have several ideas for books, but have not really worked at it. The only way I would probably get one done was to be locked in a room for 30 days.

I am also more of a cat person than a dog person, but in general, I am an animal person- obviously considering the zoo I have.
I'm a little jealous. A dear friend ended up with this super sweet and confident bunny. She cuddles and plays with their dogs, not a scaredy-bunny at all. I miss my house bunny. I am also missing having a goat or two, and pigs are also fun.

Nature has been such a major part of my life since the beginning. My father was a scientist, an Entomologist. He discovered a butterfly somewhere in Central America. And he wrote a book about butterflies of Central America. He was also into ants. We often would have some sort of living insect hanging about -but always a bedroom full of dead ones displayed in drawers.
I tend to be a slight practical joker; I would freak out my friends using my dad's collection. The drawer with the giant rhinoceros beetles was under the drawer with the giant blue butterflies. I'm sure you can image how things went down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism