Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2021, 12:50 PM

2 posts, read 4,717 times

Advertisements

Hey there,

I own a local discord server that caters to Omaha, Lincoln, Council Bluffs and surrounding areas. It's new an always welcome to new members, but it's dealing with some growing pains and I figured I'd get some input from other locals.

There is this big event at Spielbound that I've been planning for a couple of months now. Due to the spike we're seeing right now, I'm thinking of cancelling. The event is September 18th, I will make an official decision on the 11th.

I've already hinted that there's a good chance it's going to get cancelled and people in my server are really upset about it.

They don't want me to cancel and furthermore they want me to push more meetups onto the server.

The server is hoping to foster a community where people do meet in person, but I'm still very aware we're not out of the woods yet.

The people in my server seem to think the absolute best decision is to focus all energy onto getting people into meeting in person otherwise the server is pointless.

I will continue having the server up regardless of what these people think. I have been living in a bit of my own bubble for a variety of reasons. But the numbers don't lie, and staffing emergencies for hospitals don't get called for funsies. I am leaning towards cancelling, but wanted some outside (and local) perspectives.

What do you all think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha