Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 10:35 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,821,674 times

Advertisements

Looking to move somewhere (in 1-2 years) that is liberal and supposedly Omaha has a good job market and I have noticed that rent isn't very high there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2021, 07:05 AM

10,386 posts, read 8,060,109 times
Omaha’s more moderate than liberal.

Old 06-20-2021, 11:46 AM

16,211 posts, read 11,395,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportslover View Post
Looking to move somewhere (in 1-2 years) that is liberal and supposedly Omaha has a good job market and I have noticed that rent isn't very high there.
Omaha also has the strongest work ethic of any community in which I've lived.

Don't come here if you're looking for a soft life, Snowflakes!

Old 06-20-2021, 12:11 PM

565 posts, read 521,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportslover View Post
Omaha is a majority democratic city. The closer you get to the city core, the more liberal it becomes. The suburbs are more conservative. I’ve found this is usually the case in most major cities..

But as another poster mentioned, I’d say overall, The Omaha metro is moderate politically. You find an area to your liking in greater Omaha that’s for sure. It’s a great place to live and work.

Old 06-25-2021, 11:10 AM

14,582 posts, read 23,147,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
Omaha’s more moderate than liberal.
I agree.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:19 PM

327 posts, read 212,940 times
Might fit in better in the twin cities….more to your liking

Old 07-03-2021, 08:15 AM

4,521 posts, read 4,670,327 times
According to Wikipedia, on Dec 1, 2020 in Douglas County, Nebraska,, 38.57% of the registered voters are Democrat, 35.45% are Republican, 24.41% are non-partisan and 1.58% are Libertarian. They went for Obama in 2008 and Romney in 2012. They just barely rejected Trump in 2016 by 2 percentage points and more soundly rejected him by more than 10 percentage points in 2020. Sounds to me like it's one of the more politically well-balanced counties in the nation

Old 07-04-2021, 08:43 AM

2,397 posts, read 2,358,827 times
Douglas County easily reelected GOP Senator Ben Sasse by 20 points. Omaha also just reelected their Repub mayor for a 3rd term. You can't just judge politics by presidential elections.

Old 07-09-2021, 03:14 PM

291 posts, read 381,035 times
I a liberal and am very happy in Omaha. I would agree that the further in the suburbs you get the more conservative it gets. However, We've lived in both Mid Town (Dundee neighborhood ) & currently in West Omaha and don't find either to feel politcally oppresive at all.
Yes, unemployment is crazy low and people take pride in their jobs here more so than anywhere else I've lived. I have found housing affordable here, but the market is super competive currently as it is most places.

Old 11-13-2021, 09:47 AM

336 posts, read 578,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchpride View Post
If you are a liberal and looking for information on Omaha, I highly recommend you check out the eomahaforums. Currently, there is a discussion on there about a rumored plan to build a 50 story high rise in Downtown Omaha. Last night, I told everyone not to get their hopes up too high. I mentioned that with President Biden’s inflation and supply chain issues, what may have been feasible before may no longer be. I mentioned that with the current supply chain issues just getting construction materials could be a real challenge and that losing our energy independence drastically increased the prices of materials and the costs to get them shipped. My post wasn’t politically motivated. I was just pointing out realistic reasons why this rumored high rise construction could get delayed or canceled all together.

Oh, the moderators didn’t like my post at all. They quickly deleted my post, went on to tell everyone that absolutely no politics will be discussed on the forums, and they banned me from posting again. It’s funny though. I did a few searches on their site. “Trump” was brought up 501 times ( mostly bashing him), “Biden” was mentioned 78 times (majority positively), and Omaha’s Republican mayor was brought up over 1,000 times (mostly negative). So the rule on eomahaforums is that politics cannot be discussed unless the moderators agree with your view. If they don’t agree with something, your post gets deleted and you get banned from posting again. Basically, if you don’t fall in line with their beliefs, you get canceled. I find it so sad that we can’t have open discussions these days with opposing view points.
I totally agree with you. It's sad that on that forum, if you are liberal then you can say anything but if you are middle of the road or to the right you are not liked. So sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: