Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2023, 10:48 AM

30,656 posts, read 18,269,220 times

Advertisements

Sorted by offense type, offender name, offense location, offender race, etc. I've found it interesting to just get a glimpse of what kind of things people are getting locked up for and where. Nothing truly earth-shattering, but still interesting IMO.

https://www.honolulupd.org/information/arrest-logs/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2023, 10:10 PM

125 posts, read 84,473 times
This, IMHO, gives a better perspective and much easier to review:

https://www.crimemapping.com/map/agency/165

What is missing from both, however, compared to live scanner monitoring which was quashed with their new encrypted radio system, are the returns when checking info on contacts made. It is somewhat shocking to hear Dispatch report that the subject in question has "232 arrests" and names the predominant or relevant types. This is an all too common response and really illustrates the "revolving door" that is the current system, especially when you hear a similar response on multiple calls over just a couple hours of monitoring.

Old 04-09-2023, 11:57 AM

30,656 posts, read 18,269,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbum808 View Post
This, IMHO, gives a better perspective and much easier to review:

https://www.crimemapping.com/map/agency/165

What is missing from both, however, compared to live scanner monitoring which was quashed with their new encrypted radio system, are the returns when checking info on contacts made. It is somewhat shocking to hear Dispatch report that the subject in question has "232 arrests" and names the predominant or relevant types. This is an all too common response and really illustrates the "revolving door" that is the current system, especially when you hear a similar response on multiple calls over just a couple hours of monitoring.
Thanks, that site is actually very useful. Compared to similar stats that try to compile similar data, this site seems to do a good job in automatically pulling from and populating arrest records and details.

Old 05-09-2023, 10:29 AM

927 posts, read 760,745 times
I used to work for a cheap hotel in Waikiki and the cops were always coming in to grab someone who'd jumped bail on the mainland.

Old Today, 08:54 PM

124 posts, read 233,614 times
Is there a way to search for an offender by name?

My cousin is currently homeless in Oahu, according to my aunt. I want to see if i can identify his whereabouts for her sake. I am not sure posting his picture or name online is the best idea. It might attract scammers.

Nevertheless, short of hiring a private detective, i was wondering if there's a way to search police logs for my cousin by name. He was deported to Hawaii from Japan, is an American citizen who was living in Japan for a few years before getting in trouble with the law. He likely has committed crimes in Hawaii as well. My aunt is from Japan and lives there now.

Thanks for any ideas.

Old Today, 09:54 PM

960 posts, read 1,217,555 times
If you have his name and picture and can prove your relation, you may be able to contact the Honolulu Police Department and ask about him. If he’s been in trouble and is homeless they likely know him.

Secondarily, you could contact Saint Augustine Church in Waikiki. They run a free food service for the homeless and, if he’s in the Waikiki area, they probably know him. If not, they likely can point you in the right direction of other services to call who have outreach programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu