Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 08:10 PM

318 posts, read 305,508 times

Advertisements

Fine. Go to wawa. LOL. I didnt escape Delaware just to have it follow me to NC. Its just a gas station where people buy cigarettes, lottery tickets and junk food. Usually, they become an eyesore and then somebody builds a Royal Farms across the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2022, 07:06 PM

5,177 posts, read 7,429,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udelslayer View Post
Fine. Go to wawa. LOL. I didnt escape Delaware just to have it follow me to NC. Its just a gas station where people buy cigarettes, lottery tickets and junk food. Usually, they become an eyesore and then somebody builds a Royal Farms across the street.
I think Royal Farms may also be looking to expand in NC. I think that would be my choice over Wawa because they have very good fried chicken. Of course Wawa has the good sub sandwiches.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:21 AM

4,645 posts, read 6,504,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfalie View Post
I don't see how it's more lucrative than Sheetz or QT.
Who said it was? However, at least amongst the areas I live, it seems Wawa has much more of an elite pop culture following than those other two companies.

Old 05-28-2022, 11:01 PM

371 posts, read 300,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I think Royal Farms may also be looking to expand in NC. I think that would be my choice over Wawa because they have very good fried chicken. Of course Wawa has the good sub sandwiches.
Royal Farms has submitted plans for locations in the outer banks, Wilmington, Greenville and I believe Rocky Mount. There may be more by now; those are the ones I reviewed before retiring last month.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficSys View Post
Royal Farms has submitted plans for locations in the outer banks, Wilmington, Greenville and I believe Rocky Mount. There may be more by now; those are the ones I reviewed before retiring last month.
Awesome! Come west RF!

Old 06-21-2022, 08:22 AM

277 posts, read 438,076 times
I'm a little late to the thread but I love Wawa. I left small-town NC to go to college at ECU and experienced my first Sheetz. I found my first job in Virginia Beach and fell in love with Wawa. I've lived all over the country since and nothing comes close. We had Buccees in Texas but that's an entire experience, not a quick stop.

I'm jealous. The coffee was my favorite.

Old 07-14-2022, 01:43 AM

902 posts, read 892,673 times
I’d rather see Wawa expand into states like CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME covering all of the Nee England area with standalone stores in cities such as Hartford, New Haven, Providence, Worcester, and especially some in Boston.

Also, it makes absolutely no sense to talk about opening up a store in Nashville by 2025 when there’s not one Wawa store in all of NY state. If I was running Wawa, and I wanted to open up some stores, I’d start in Long Island with maybe 3 stores each in Nassau and Suffolk, then I’d later concentrate on Westchester, Rockland, and Orange Counties before thinking of opening up one in NYC.

The best spot to open up a Wawa store in NYC would be Queens, followed by Staten Island. Wawa is a store which seems to do better in suburban and residential areas as opposed to the more urbane areas of . As a result of that, it’s best to start in the suburbs first before maintaining a presence in the city.

It’s also great that Wawa is opening up in NEPA (Scranton). I’d also consider expanding to Harrisburg, York, State College, and as far away as Pittsburgh (there’s no Sheetz in PGH) and Erie and even into states such as Western NY (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse), WV, Northern OH (Cleveland, Akron, Youngstown, and as far as Toledo) and even MI (Lower Peninsula).

I could even see expanding into Canada as worthwhile, stretching from ON(Windsor, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Toronto, and Ottawa), QC (Montreal to Quebec City), and the Maritimes. I still feel that Wawa will not make a dent in the Deep South and opening up a store in Nashville before even thinking of opening one in NYC or Pittsburgh makes me want to question the company’s direction and maybe the quality! Keep it regional!

Old 07-14-2022, 11:24 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,924,514 times
Wanderer, you make too much sense for it to be implemented in the corporate world lol

Old 07-15-2022, 08:51 AM

1,239 posts, read 1,079,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
I’d rather see Wawa expand into states like CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME covering all of the Nee England area with standalone stores in cities such as Hartford, New Haven, Providence, Worcester, and especially some in Boston.

Also, it makes absolutely no sense to talk about opening up a store in Nashville by 2025 when there’s not one Wawa store in all of NY state. If I was running Wawa, and I wanted to open up some stores, I’d start in Long Island with maybe 3 stores each in Nassau and Suffolk, then I’d later concentrate on Westchester, Rockland, and Orange Counties before thinking of opening up one in NYC.

The best spot to open up a Wawa store in NYC would be Queens, followed by Staten Island. Wawa is a store which seems to do better in suburban and residential areas as opposed to the more urbane areas of . As a result of that, it’s best to start in the suburbs first before maintaining a presence in the city.

It’s also great that Wawa is opening up in NEPA (Scranton). I’d also consider expanding to Harrisburg, York, State College, and as far away as Pittsburgh (there’s no Sheetz in PGH) and Erie and even into states such as Western NY (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse), WV, Northern OH (Cleveland, Akron, Youngstown, and as far as Toledo) and even MI (Lower Peninsula).

I could even see expanding into Canada as worthwhile, stretching from ON(Windsor, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Toronto, and Ottawa), QC (Montreal to Quebec City), and the Maritimes. I still feel that Wawa will not make a dent in the Deep South and opening up a store in Nashville before even thinking of opening one in NYC or Pittsburgh makes me want to question the company’s direction and maybe the quality! Keep it regional!
That's all well and good, but WaWa is free to come up with and implement their own business strategy. Personally I think they'll do fine in NC.

Ultimately, if you don't want WaWa around here, don't go. If enough people vote with their wallets, they'll leave. Personally, I'll be a customer. Far superior to Sheetz IMO.

Old 04-15-2024, 03:26 PM

Wawa has more than 30 Eastern North Carolina sites going through local approval processes. By 2035, Wawa plans to build at least 80 stores in North Carolina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina