Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2022, 06:53 PM

12,455 posts, read 9,550,156 times

Advertisements

Paulo Costa has had some major issues making weight at middleweight in the past, but he reports he's at his lightest ever going in to the fight with Luke Rockhold next weekend. If you're thinking he might be skinny now, no, he is actually jacked with rippling muscles. Now, the guy who wins the fight may not be the one with the biggest muscles, but in his 15 UFC fights, he's won 11 by knockout, so he's not just a paper tiger.

I don't care for Luke Rockhold so I hope that Costa wins big, turning Luke Rockhold into Luke Outcold .

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2022/8/1...e-rockhold-mma
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2022, 08:43 AM

3,836 posts, read 4,445,576 times
Sorry but I just can’t take him seriously after what Israel did to him. It wasn’t just that he lost but the fact that he was completely uncompetitive in the biggest fight of his career. I don’t care about the 11 knockouts. Most of those were garbage cans. Against guys not afraid to hit back he looked a lot less intimidating.

Old 08-25-2022, 11:48 AM

6,460 posts, read 7,800,319 times
I don't really like either of them (but Rockhold has been telling it like it is lately to the UFC regarding money). Both big talkers who have more mouth than game (easy for me to say! Who the F am I. Lol).

Rockhold seemed to be done months ago and Costa seems to be done now too. It remains a very interesting fight though because both have a lot to gain and a lot to lose, and they are both non boring fighters (with Costa Vs. Izzy - one boring fight does not a boring fighter make). My prediction is Costa by KO in round 1. If Rockhold can keep Costa at bay and avoid his power shots past the first minute of rd 2, then I think Rockhold will take it but I would say that Costa will start swarming a few seconds into Rd 1.

Fun match up though and much respect and luck to both competitors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)