Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2024, 06:49 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times

Advertisements

I’m interested in vacationing in PV in May or June. I’d like to be close to the beach and action. I’d also like to rent a bike and explore. I’m thinking of doing a Airbnb. One question I have is is it safe? I’m retired LEO and very streetwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2024, 09:19 AM

30,351 posts, read 19,128,594 times
We have friends in the 70's that go there 4 times a year and they say it's safe. I've been trying to talk spouse into a trip there but she has fears of going there.

Hopefully people that have spent more time there will respond.

Old 04-14-2024, 04:17 PM

6,384 posts, read 11,877,389 times
The comment that people are afraid of PV is pretty amazing. I get it people don't want to do the research but PV is basically like Palm Springs with a beach and humidity. There are sides of PV one may not want to head into, but they are way inland and no one really would go there without some real effort. Even then, we're talking about the poorer areas around Palm Springs type environment, nothing looks or feels dangerous in most of PV. Go out at 11pm and you'll see plenty of seniors and other tourists walking around all the areas a tourist would find themselves in.

Old Yesterday, 07:52 AM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
The cartels keep it safe for tourists. They need you to help launder their drug money.

https://insightcrime.org/news/boomin...-hostage-cjng/

Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM

4,268 posts, read 8,168,126 times
Ive been a bunch, Ive never had a problem. People there are very friendly and there is a ton to do.

This is similar to an Airbnb if you dont need to be right next to the beach (its about a 10-12 minute walk away). We stayed here in September, it is fantastic!! It is in the Romantic Zone, albeit in a quiet section. Walking distance to a ton of stuff, there are so many good local restaurants and bars within blocks.

https://www.cuale.com/

We used to do AI properties, but, we will go this route in the future if we return.

I'm not sure about bike riding, but, the roads that are not main ones are in very rough shape (lots of cobblestones, potholes, etc. Sidewalks even worse)

Last edited by IonRedline08; Yesterday at 08:26 PM..

Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
Ive been a bunch, Ive never had a problem. People there are very friendly and there is a ton to do.

This is similar to an Airbnb if you dont need to be right next to the beach (its about a 10-12 minute walk away). We stayed here in September, it is fantastic!! It is in the Romantic Zone, albeit in a quiet section. Walking distance to a ton of stuff, there are so many good local restaurants and bars within blocks.

https://www.cuale.com/

We used to do AI properties, but, we will go this route in the future if we return.

I'm not sure about bike riding, but, the roads that are not main ones are in very rough shape (lots of cobblestones, potholes, etc. Sidewalks even worse)
Wow! That place looks fantastic! Thanks!

Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM

4,268 posts, read 8,168,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Wow! That place looks fantastic! Thanks!
Honestly, it was fantastic. Exactly what we were looking for. The pool and hot tub are really nice and that rooftop in general is great. The bed and furniture was super comfy too! The owner is an Expat with very high standards and you can tell throughout the place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico