Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2024, 01:16 PM

1,212 posts, read 501,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
My daughter and I were looking at condo prices in Cabo and they don’t seem to be much cheaper than here. And we have some of the highest real estate prices in the country. And it’s much hotter and more arid than our coastal climate.
That might be gringo pricing. Just because something is listed as X price doesn't mean it will sell for that. Better to live somewhere for a while an do a lot of research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2024, 07:41 AM

333 posts, read 153,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Huatulco is a nice place indeed but a bit sleepy for my tastes. A great place for a week, maybe up to a month if one wanted to unwind. I don't know if I'd call it great weather year-round though, winter does seem to be a good time to go.
My wife and I are in our 50s so the laid back vibe of the place is perfect for us. If you're aim is to party like you are in your 20s again, this would probably be a bit of a disappointment. While the town square party vibe does change quite drastically after dark, it never comes close to the levels of insanity you get in places like Cancun or PV.

We usually travel there in mid to late April when the crowds have died off some and the prices drop a bit. I heard that the rainy season can be pretty brutal, but we've never had a rainy day in all the times we vacationed there. We went once in October and the climate was pretty much the same.

Old 03-29-2024, 02:47 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,196 times
Todos Santos for me. Love the vibe, people and weather in that area. La Paz is a close second.

Old 03-30-2024, 05:57 AM

578 posts, read 299,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaherbgirl View Post
If you were going to spend one year living in Mexico; where would you choose and why?

Also - yes please cover any thoughts on safety.

Thank you!
The city Queretaro…. A highland city with an old historic section as it has been the capital of Mexico. Very international city as Asian, European and other countries do business in this town. So lots of food options. It’s about 2M population and has H‑E‑B grocery and three non stops a dy to Dallas and 3 to Houston. Reportedly very clean and safe city.

Low risk of earthquakes and only about 120 km from Mexico City.

Old 03-30-2024, 09:43 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,460,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw222 View Post
The city Queretaro…. A highland city with an old historic section as it has been the capital of Mexico. Very international city as Asian, European and other countries do business in this town. So lots of food options. It’s about 2M population and has H‑E‑B grocery and three non stops a dy to Dallas and 3 to Houston. Reportedly very clean and safe city.

Low risk of earthquakes and only about 120 km from Mexico City.
Great choice, it has been on my radar for a few years.

Old 03-30-2024, 09:52 AM

536 posts, read 392,050 times
Puerto Vallarta. They have a great ex-pat community there and I love that place. Please note that I do not speak Spanish (OK I took one Spanish 1 class just for fun, but that hardly counts). That's a big reason why a community that caters to tourists and has a large ex=pat community would be super important to me to feel comfortable.

Old 03-30-2024, 11:03 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,460,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy884 View Post
Puerto Vallarta. They have a great ex-pat community there and I love that place. Please note that I do not speak Spanish (OK I took one Spanish 1 class just for fun, but that hardly counts). That's a big reason why a community that caters to tourists and has a large ex=pat community would be super important to me to feel comfortable.
I am presently in Puerto Vallarta, my second visit to the area; I most visit here about a month as a pass through city. It is true PV does have a large ex-pat community as does many of the other areas mentioned do. Lake Chapala, where I visited for a while, even has at least two American Legions clubs; one where I took some Spanish lessons at, of course nothing stuck there nor from where I took an intensive class in Playa Del Carmen in Mexico. My brain just won't hold what I don't practice on a daily basis, but, I am going to start trying to practice again for the umpteen time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico