Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 09:19 PM

17,677 posts, read 9,155,986 times

Advertisements

Shooting injures one person, shuts down basketball tournament

At Monte Park on Acushnet Ave. Right next to housing projects.

Quote:
Randy Jones, a community activist, said the violence needs to stop.

“It was my cousin, she was a woman grazed in the face. Ridiculous, unbelievable,” he said. “You can’t do nothing in the community with negativity always popping six days a week.”

Jones is now calling on leadership, including the mayor, to help stop the violence in the South End.

In the video, Mr. Jones said: "We don't need sympathy. We don't need people to say Black Lives Matter or anything like that. We need real leaders - which we don't have."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFZrMs0FSFc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2021, 09:36 PM

23,569 posts, read 18,661,418 times
^One Acushnet Ave. residents said she is "afraid to leave her house" on most days. Those are the Bay Village projects right there. BAD BAD place.

Old 07-25-2021, 03:01 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
That’s one of the two sites of the 1970 race riots. They bulldozed the slums and put in Route 18 and the projects. 1970s urban renewal at it’s finest. South Water Street where Route 18 is now at those projects used to be a shopping district. Everyone got their back to school shoes at the two shoe stores there.

They need to bulldoze it again and start over.

Old 07-27-2021, 02:21 PM

And now somebody was stabbed to death, in the Clasky Common Park. This is just west of the 18 expressway, and to the north of the courthouse.

Man stabbed to death in New Bedford, suspect charged

https://turnto10.com/news/local/man-...in-new-bedford

"The Bristol County District Attorney's Office said an 18-year-old New Bedford man was stabbed to death early Tuesday morning.
The victim was identified as Rayshard Normil-Jerome of New Bedford.
Prosecutors said a state trooper on patrol near Clasky Common Park was waved down by a woman at about 1:24 a.m.
She said there was an unresponsive man in the park with multiple stab wounds."

"Authorities say a 21-year-old man has been arrested and charged in connection to the incident."

Old 07-27-2021, 03:10 PM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
And now somebody was stabbed to death, in the Clasky Common Park. This is just west of the 18 expressway, and to the north of the courthouse.

Man stabbed to death in New Bedford, suspect charged

https://turnto10.com/news/local/man-...in-new-bedford

"The Bristol County District Attorney's Office said an 18-year-old New Bedford man was stabbed to death early Tuesday morning.
The victim was identified as Rayshard Normil-Jerome of New Bedford.
Prosecutors said a state trooper on patrol near Clasky Common Park was waved down by a woman at about 1:24 a.m.
She said there was an unresponsive man in the park with multiple stab wounds."

"Authorities say a 21-year-old man has been arrested and charged in connection to the incident."

That's across the street from the Parker School. I think that elementary school is still in state receivership. That's not a place I'd be at 1:24am.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:30 PM

16-year-old charged in deadly New Bedford stabbing

https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news...ford-stabbing/

"NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (WPRI) — Police have arrested a second suspect in connection with Tuesday’s deadly stabbing in New Bedford, according to the Bristol County District Attorney’s Office.
The 16-year-old male is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday in New Bedford Juvenile Court on a charge of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
Due to his juvenile status, the DA’s office said no further information could be released about his identity or the facts surrounding the charge."

Old 07-29-2021, 05:57 AM

6 posts, read 7,347 times
Good Morning: I was born and raised in Acushnet MA. Now live in Nebraska. (Fell in love and got married) Anyway I miss MA. and almost everything that is Home to me. I just wanted to say that here in my neck of the woods there are shootings, stabbings and children are missing. We see it on the news quite often now. It breaks my heart that all of these things are going on everywhere. Some that have killed another person are Young kids (12 to 17 ) the victims have been early 20's in each case. It's common now to hear police sirens, med flight helicopters daily and gun fire sometimes. I've also seen many rolled over cars lately due to people no longer paying attention to the rules of the road. Sadly it is mostly young people dyeing. I am sorry you are suffering through these things as well.

Old 08-10-2021, 05:23 AM

This one happened at Ashley Boulevard and Belleville Road, in the North End. Victim was Naurik Michel-Brown, 23. Not much info, other than that two men were heard arguing there in the moments preceding the shooting.

Police: 1 killed in New Bedford shooting
https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news...ting-incident/

Old 02-17-2022, 08:15 PM

Not quite clear where this one happened, police just said they heard gunfire a "few blocks" from S 2nd Street. This would be in the South End. Marcus Hubbard was arrested in the incident.

Man charged in New Bedford shots-fired incident

https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news...ired-incident/

"NEW BEDFORD, R.I. (WPRI) — Police arrested a New Bedford man Wednesday night while responding to reports of gunfire in the city.
The incident occurred around 6 p.m., when two detectives driving down S 2nd Street heard gunshots a few blocks away.
Police said when they arrived on scene both detectives saw the suspect, identified by police as Marcus Hubbard, dart through someone’s driveway.
Hubbard, 21, was quickly taken into custody. Police said detectives found numerous shell casings and a handgun inside a nearby garbage bin.
The handgun, according to police, had been reported stolen out of Tennessee."

Old 02-19-2022, 06:53 AM

6,805 posts, read 6,027,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
"NEW BEDFORD, R.I.
Huh. I'm glad this didn't happen in the MA one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts