Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2020, 09:53 PM

17,665 posts, read 9,155,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I was at Trader Joe's in Shrewsbury tonight to get some nuts and it was insane. Zero bread, zero pasta, lots of shelves empty. Of course no toilet paper
On the news they showed massive lines at BJ's in South Attleboro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 04:27 AM

560 posts, read 750,975 times
Schools are being closed through April vacation

Old 03-13-2020, 06:28 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,282,036 times
Last weekend my local grocery store was fine. I am going to go again this weekend and am dreading it. We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I have a pedicure scheduled for tomorrow and a private yoga session scheduled next weekend. So far I am planning on keeping those appointments.

My company announced yesterday that we are going to mandatory work from home (for every employee who is enabled for such). I work from home a lot already, so I'm already set up, but there has been a scrabble to get all staff up-to-date with the right equipment.

FWIW, I am in Western MA.

Old 03-13-2020, 06:43 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
My work has just made the official call for most people to move to WFH practices.

Some people still need to go in, but it will be a mostly empty office building at that point.

Old 03-13-2020, 09:29 AM

12,365 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I was at Trader Joe's in Shrewsbury tonight to get some nuts and it was insane. Zero bread, zero pasta, lots of shelves empty. Of course no toilet paper
Yeah. Hopefully people calm down a little after a few days. Mind you, this will be with us for awhile, but [understatement]I think the initial shock has some people panicking [/understatement].

Old 03-13-2020, 09:56 AM

7,920 posts, read 7,806,919 times
From what I've been seeing a bit and hearing is that if there's anything that involves potential self servicing it will be curtailed. Fountain drinks, buffets...maybe not gas but still. I've heard of some using gloves to pump their own gas.

Some take this to extremes.
https://www.facebook.com/foxnashvill...5002234602765/

I can understand cleaning off a backpack. Direct spraying doesn't make that much sense...and that other getup is sad but laughable.

What I would generally recommend since some aren't going out to eat is to take a serve safe class. Plenty of people get sick by not cooking food the right way.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:16 AM

17,665 posts, read 9,155,986 times
People under 60 need to practice social distancing. And 60+ essentially need to isolate.

On the Today Show today, a doctor said that 2 weeks from now it's expected that there will be 10 thousand new cases every day.

With an expectation like that, you have to assume there's currently mass spreading.

Just stay home if you can.

Old 03-13-2020, 11:35 AM

2,710 posts, read 1,729,269 times
My sister in law has a wedding in LA in May. My wife has about 20 family members going. They don't plan to cancel the wedding, said they'd reevaluate in about a month. I wish they would just postpone it. I really don't think it's a good idea to go. We will be traveling with toddlers and elderly. This will probably cause marriage problems if I argue to stay home.

Old 03-13-2020, 11:51 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,777,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
My sister in law has a wedding in LA in May. My wife has about 20 family members going. They don't plan to cancel the wedding, said they'd reevaluate in about a month. I wish they would just postpone it. I really don't think it's a good idea to go. We will be traveling with toddlers and elderly. This will probably cause marriage problems if I argue to stay home.
If the panic is still going by then you will have no problem getting her to agree to not go. Hell, you'll probably want to get the airfare refunded to pay the bills.

Old 03-13-2020, 11:56 AM

10,006 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
My daughter's wedding is in the middle of May, in Savannah. We don't plan to cancel. She will have to make other plans for her honeymoon, since they planned to fly to London and then visit Italy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts