Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2024, 11:02 AM

45 posts, read 105,715 times

Advertisements

Anyone know a garden designer/consultant who works on a freelance basis? I'm looking to design my own garden but I need someone who can do the actual drawings and knows how to work with irrigation, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2024, 12:35 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,734,573 times
Craigslist has a "Farm & Garden" section under "Services". https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/sear...rch=1~list~0~0

Lots of people in my community use Cover Fields, including me.

They did a good job with my irrigation system design and installation.

An independent person might be cheaper, but I'd be wary unless you can get several reviews and referrals from customers. Too many scammers and poor quality workers here. You might get halfway through a project and the guy disappears. Then you hire a pro only to find out the design was bad and installation work and parts were shoddy, so they tear it all out and start from scratch.

Sometimes it ends up costing more in the long run when you try to save a few bucks.

Old 01-18-2024, 01:09 PM

Thanks for the recommendation. I work with my own gardener, who is reliable. I am just looking for a garden designer who knows his/her stuff when it comes to laying out the various elements. Cover Fields has placeholders for reviews on its site, which doesn't inspire confidence. Then again, since you recommend it, I will get a quote from them.

It's not that I don't want to pay; it's just that I know that with the 50,000 or so gardeners in Las Vegas, there must be people out there who do a quality job and who want to make a buck on the side.

Thanks again.

Old 01-18-2024, 02:20 PM

26,263 posts, read 49,173,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercool View Post
. . . I know that with the 50,000 or so gardeners in Las Vegas, there must be people out there who do a quality job and who want to make a buck on the side. Thanks again.
I'll take a guess that there may be local garden group on Facebook or Nextdoor that might be of help to you.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-18-2024, 03:15 PM

I will check out Nextdoor and Facebook, but for now, I will use the Yelp-recommended top 10 garden design search results as my guide.

Thanks, I will post my findings here for others to benefit.

Old 01-18-2024, 08:57 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,734,573 times
Not sure I'd trust Yelp reviews. Google reviews maybe. Interview candidates and get bids.

Old 01-19-2024, 09:19 AM

I have not had any bad experiences with Yelp, but sometimes I do cross-check firms with other sources like Google and HomeAdvisor. And interviewing for this job is key, of course.

Old 01-19-2024, 05:38 PM

2,868 posts, read 4,546,930 times
maybe these guys? or maybe they know someone?

https://extension.unr.edu/master-gardeners/clark.aspx

Old 01-19-2024, 06:21 PM

What a great tip. Now, here are a bunch of green-thumb gardeners!

Old Today, 10:52 AM

My apologies for the delayed update. After interviewing three contractors, two of which who supplied me with a quote and one who simply didn’t follow up, I chose Las Vegas Backyards to build my garden.

I was impressed with Martin Lopez’ attention to measurement detail and computer-generated design, but will provide all my experiences with this company after the project is completed. I have attached a few images of the garden’s design.
Attached Thumbnails
Garden designer-img_7153.jpg   Garden designer-img_7156.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: