Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 12:36 PM

14 posts, read 25,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
haha Kauaidooley's response reminds me of why I stopped asking my mom questions as a kid: long winded and sanctimonious.
Aloha,

I for one, appreciated Kauidooley's "longwinded" responses, and didn't find them to be "sanctimonious" in any way. He went out of his way to not only try to answer the original question, but to also try to share some of the benefits of his experiences of living on Kauai.

Sure, this additional information wasn't requested, it was graciously volunteered by him at "no extra charge", and I think his heart was in the right place in doing so.

I always enjoy this forum, and all of the useful information to be learned from it.

Mahalo nui loa,

JivinJimbo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 04:42 AM

1,014 posts, read 479,166 times
Yes. The whole mountains is beyond reach for any radio or wiFi or Telephone as in wires connected to some post, so you cannot catch any signals in the valley or middle of Kaua'i. Or any where inside of Koke'e. Like Kalalau lookout trail. You cannot catch any signals from there. That is the whole idea to this phenomena. This phenomena is known as diffraction. Radio waves sometimes can bend around buildings. But this diffraction disallows the proper wavelength to be caught and therefore no signals can exist in a city with tall buildings. Then how do they do this? The systems use fiber optics inside the building. From there connected to an antenna outside. And the antenna transmits to other antennas around the surrounding buildings. So they transmit signals from building to building.

Last edited by tyCable; 01-16-2021 at 05:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai