Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2024, 12:53 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,243,451 times

Advertisements

Surprise! I decided to take a few moments and publish a new list for 2024, albeit it a late one, due to the fact there's been so many more changes in the industry since my last posting. Yes, you will notice the list has gotten a bit shorter than last year, and there are reasons for that, but just know that while some builders strive to improve their quality, others are still attempting to cut corners where they can.

So without further ado, here is my list, of what I consider to be the top builders currently (which obviously can change at any time) in the NE Florida region for 2024:

Andy Reynolds Homes
Austin Painter Construction
Aurora Builders
Breeze Homes
Colour Homes
Cottage Home Company
DF Luxury Homes
Dostie Homes
Drees Homes
John Merrill Homes
Kingsouth Construction
Legacy Builders
TerraWise Homes
Trademark Homes

I know it's not a large list, but it is what it is. Please don't ask why "so and so" isn't on the list. If they aren't on it, there's a reason, and it typically would be that the quality is not what I believe it should be. Higher interest rates have hurt sales, and that unfortunately causes builders to have to cut corners to try and keep their prices competitive. That often involves changing the products and/or subcontractors they use in favor of lower cost, lower quality alternatives. It's the nature of the business, and sure, it will turn the other way one day, but for now, it's a tough market for homebuyers hoping to buy a quality product. I wish the list was bigger trust me. Hopefully I saved some of you on here from buying a Pineapple Corporation Homes, because even though they were a very big and fancy custom builder that had been around a long time, you can see how quickly the tide can change with these builders. I try to protect my readers from such catastrophe's!

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/news/...-jacksonville/

Good Luck to all!

SS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2024, 07:03 AM

20 posts, read 27,598 times
Thank you for this. Interesting to see fewer and fewer of the production builders fall off this list over the years - Pulte, Del Webb, ICI, Dream Finders, Lennar, etc. Makes me more cautious about our next steps in the Jacksonville area.

Old 03-30-2024, 11:50 AM

1,557 posts, read 2,148,490 times
My buddy's company fell off in the last few years. Must be cuttin' corners. Time to bust his b***s.

Old 04-02-2024, 06:53 AM

661 posts, read 866,260 times
Good to see a few that make the list year after year. Who builds all these apartment complexes? These things seem to get thrown together in rapid fashion three stories high. They look like your average stick house but much larger,

Old 04-02-2024, 07:08 AM

1,847 posts, read 867,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudbury Farms View Post
Interesting to see fewer and fewer of the production builders fall off this list over the years - Pulte, Del Webb, ICI, Dream Finders, Lennar, etc.

I'm still a fan of Pulte and Lennar. My parents had homes built by both and never had issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: