Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Islam have more similarities with Christianity or Judaism?
Christianity 8 27.59%
Judaism 21 72.41%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 11:36 AM

3,640 posts, read 40,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
How do you “steal” a God?
Tell us exactly how it’s done in theory and then show us an example by stealing a God, let’s say the Islamic God.
I’d like to see how it’s done and how do you start a new Abrahamic religion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasureoktoo View Post
In todays world, it could not be accomplished.

The known world was much smaller then, and the one with the strongest military survived.
So the God was stolen with "the strongest military"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 12:21 PM

106 posts, read 64,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Pretty much so, as can be realized with the conquest of Europe and the Americas.
Islam did the same with Saudi Arabia, once a Jewish stronghold.
How many Jews are in Saudi Arabia now.

When countries conquer another, the three main things they bring with is,
Their architecture, their language, and their religion.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:23 PM

106 posts, read 64,167 times
Quote:
Yes, the original Torah was destroyed during the Babylonian attack, destruction and captivity. The present Torah is the re-written Torah. But a lot of truth remains in there, if not the whole truth word by word. I do believe the Genesis account of circumcision of Abraham and Ishmael. This is why all Muslim male babies are circumcised.
There is a health reason for that also, and the way the Jews did it, indicates they knew something that may not have been written into dogma.

Old 07-08-2021, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Pretty much so, as can be realized with the conquest of Europe and the Americas.
Islam did the same with Saudi Arabia, once a Jewish stronghold.
How many Jews are in Saudi Arabia now.
Did the Jews leave their God there in Saudi Arabia (which wasn't Saudi at the time) or the Arabs stole the God from them?

I don't think God of the Jewish people was ever stolen from them.

And if Saudi Arabia was once a Jewish stronghold, how come Mecca was a Pagan stronghold just before Islam?

Quote:
When countries conquer another, the three main things they bring with is,
Their architecture, their language, and their religion.
And there goes your God-stealing theory!
They already have their religion (and God) with them even before any conquest with military. You fail to prove they steal anyone's God with conquest.

Back to the drawing board about stealing God with the strongest military!

Old 07-08-2021, 11:36 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism, their holy days were Passover, Pentecost and Tabernacles, same as Mohammed had begun with.

Mohammed came to Judaism wanting to be accepted by the Jews, but the Jews didnt accept him and he did the same thing the Christian's did.

They both changed their holy days to separate from Jews.

It's my good opinion that Mohammed" Bless his name," formed his religion from the Samaritans who were also waiting on a prophet like Moses.

John 4

7There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink. 8(For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.) 9Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans. 10Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. 11The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? 12Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

What this Samaritan was saying was a lie, but all Samaritans told the same lie, her father was certainly not Jacob as she had claimed and there is 700 recorded years of the Samaritans telling the same lie.

In 722 the King of Assyria came and took the ten tribes of Israel captive into Assyria, and in their homes he brought other captives from Egypt and Babylon and placed those people in the houses of what became known as the ten list tribes

Where had the Samaritans derived their religion from?

1 Kings

24And the king of Assyria brought men from Babylon, and from Cuthah, and from Ava, and from Hamath, and from Sepharvaim, and placed them in the cities of Samaria instead of the children of Israel: and they possessed Samaria, and dwelt in the cities thereof. 25And so it was at the beginning of their dwelling there, that they feared not the LORD: therefore the LORD sent lions among them, which slew some of them. 26Wherefore they spake to the king of Assyria, saying, The nations which thou hast removed, and placed in the cities of Samaria, know not the manner of the God of the land: therefore he hath sent lions among them, and, behold, they slay them, because they know not the manner of the God of the land.

Then the king of Assyria commanded, saying, Carry thither one of the priests whom ye brought from thence; and let them go and dwell there, and let him teach them the manner of the God of the land. 28Then one of the priests whom they had carried away from Samaria came and dwelt in Bethel, and taught them how they should fear the LORD

So the Samaritans were taught the religion of the Ten lost tribes, unfortunately, it was not the religion of God, it was the religion that brought about the destruction of Israel.

From the time that one priest was brought back to teach those Samarirans, those Samaritans claimed to he the new Israel saying their father was Jaxib when he was bit their father.

The Samaritans had a similar religion that also waited upon a great prophet, and then steps in Mohammed appealing to the Jews for acceptance but he was not accepted.

For 700 years those Sanaritans claimed to be Israel when any king came along who liked Jews, but if a conqueror of Jews came, the Samaritans told the truth saying," We are not with these Jews, he were placed here by the great king of Assyria."

Old 07-09-2021, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism, their holy days were Passover, Pentecost and Tabernacles, same as Mohammed had begun with.
Incorrect on both accounts.
Christianity was not a "sect of Judaism" during the days of Jesus. Jesus taught in the Temple, even as a young man/child from the Jewish books. He never taught "Christianity" but the religion called "Christianity" was given its name well after Jesus had disappeared from the scene.
In Judaism, Christianity as well as in Islam, unity is a requirement and breaking into sects (disunity) is regarded as a curse.
Muhammad did not begin with Passover, Pentecost or Tabernacles. He was neither a Jewish person nor a Christian. These events are linked to the post exodus from Egypt Children of Israel (including the followers of Jesus at Pentecost).

Quote:
Mohammed came to Judaism wanting to be accepted by the Jews, but the Jews didnt accept him and he did the same thing the Christian's did.
No.
Mohammad did not come to Judaism or to the Jews in Madina (Yasrib at the time) but preached to the Pagans/polytheists in Mecca for nearly 13 years before moving to Madina on the invitation of the non-Jewish tribes there.

Quote:
They both changed their holy days to separate from Jews.
Jewish holy days are linked to the history of Children of Israel. Muhammad was not one of the Children of Israel or Israel's (Jacob's) descendant. It was not obligatory on him to keep those holy days.

Quote:
It's my good opinion that Mohammed" Bless his name," formed his religion from the Samaritans who were also waiting on a prophet like Moses.
No. Even the Jewish people in Madina (Yasrib) were waiting for their prophet to come (mentioned in Deuteronomy 18:15 and Deuteronomy 18:18). They still are.
Muhammad was sent originally to the polytheists of Mecca for 13 years and only then to Madina for the next 10 years.

Quote:
The Samaritans had a similar religion that also waited upon a great prophet, and then steps in Mohammed appealing to the Jews for acceptance but he was not accepted.
Muhammad did not go to Madina and to the Jews there for 13 years with his religion but preached to the polytheists of Mecca.
Once in Madina, he even let the Jews there keep their religion. This was even documented in a treaty with the Jews there. It was the Jews in Madina that had broken the treaty and had sided with the polytheists of Mecca to destroy the Muslims and Islam.

Old 09-01-2021, 02:46 PM

39 posts, read 13,011 times
Not to offend anyone's faith here, however, I personally believe that the system of Islam and Quranic theology is such a deceptive system that is filled with contradictions and inconsistencies.

I truly believe that Islam has absolutely nothing in common with the intended message of Christianity nor The Old Testament. but rather, Islam is simply a cluster of portions of various pagan ceremonies and beliefs mixed with only the very narrow, limited, and minor ideologies found in the Bible.

Because of the fact that _ Islam takes a very limited, narrow, and minimal portion of the New and Old Testament and changes these commandments and standards to cater and conform to the Pre Islamic lifestyle

In other words, for example, Islam does not teach the same Biblical faith concerning Family and Marriage and Adultery.

The marriage system within Islam, defined by the Quran is nothing like the marriage system of the Bible.
The Bible is consistent and unwavering Pro - Polygamy and Pro-Family - to the end - with a lifetime commitment in marriage.

However, adultery - in the Quran -- is only, just as simple, as when the Muslim Husband, Himself - is not personally quite ready or in the mood - to send His wife on down the line to the next neighbor waiting in line..

and when the Muslim wife makes a sudden decision to run off with another man before the husband is ready for this event to happen, THIS IS ADULTERY _ in Islam. That’s it ! -

if the Muslim husband feels that his feelings of sensual arousal and excitement that he once had for his wife have vanished or faded, then he can simply say “ I DIVORCE YOU ” three times in a row -
and the Muslim woman is free to be sent off to be with the next man, however, any previous husband cannot ever take her back again, ONLY until his divorced wife has fully and completely had sexual intercourse with another man.

Only after, a divorced Muslim woman has fully had sexual relations with another man, only then, can the previous husband remarry her and take her back

The Quran says explicitly that a Muslim woman can be divorced unlimited times and return to unlimited previous husbands and remarry unlimited times - there is no limit - just a waiting period that a previous husband MUST wait upon, to give his divorced wife the time it takes for her to find a new man and have sexual intercourse with another man - before he can take her back.

Once she has sex with another man after being divorced - the previous husband can take her back - ONLY if the new husband will agree to send her his way, _{ and back and forth in the generating of unlimited pleasures and scattered abandoned children. }

If a new husband is not ready to send his Muslim wife to the next man in line and the Muslim woman rushes to move along the line - this is adultery in Islam.

The marriage system of the Quran is nothing like the Bible

A.L. Bilal Muhammad et al (2018) So if a husband divorces his wife irrevocably, he cannot re-marry her after that, until after she has married a different husband and he has divorced her.

Everything about Islam pretends and claims to present the faith of the Bible but even the God of Islam is nothing like the God of the Bible. The God of the Bible is a Spirit, but the God of Islam is NOT a spirit. In Islam, It is Satan who is a Spirit - evil is identified as Spirit deities

So,,,, to compare the God of Islam to the God of the Bible, this is impossible because in Islam the deities and beings who are SPIRITS are the Evil beings - and the God of Islam is not a Spirit.

SO.... by the criteria and faith system of Islam, COMPARING the God of the Bible who is a Spirit, this God, by the standards of Islam - The God of the Bible is not a supreme and almighty God _ but a lower form of a deity who is like a Man or like Satan or an Angel. This is the outcome when we compare the God of Islam to the God of the Bible.

And this is a huge and major difference between the two

because according to the Islam belief, Allah / God is incapable of having a son because of the fact that Allah does not have sexual intercourse or marriage with a female. Whereas the God of the Bible has placed a portion of his own SPRIT into man and woman and he has many, many sons and daughters

The God of the Bible IS A SPIRIT and has conceived himself in a woman, WITHOUT SEXUAL INTERCOURSE _ begetting a son, who was GOD HIMSELF in the flesh, fully filled with the fulness of the Holy Spirit of God _ fully physically.

there are just so many, many major differences between the God of Islam and the Bible- we have major adultery differences, we have total opposite and opposing beliefs concerning slavery, rape and incest, also the entire end-time prophecies - the LAST DAYS and the future JUDGMENTS concerning judgment and heaven. All of the purposes and plans of the God of the Bible are in total opposition to the God of Islam.

Islam teaches that in heaven there will be marriage, The " Hadith al-Siyuti 6/395 " says that Allah will wed me { Mohammud } in paradise to Mary, Daughter of Imran.

But in the Bible, there will be no marriage in heaven ! Every reason that a person enters into heaven between the two religions are in a complete and total opposition to one another.

I find upon studying Islam and the Bible that there is nothing comparable or even closely resembling, only Islam is taking Pre Arabian paganism and mixing it together with scattered passages and partial phrases and partial ideas of the BIble and pretending to serve and worship the God of the Bible, yet these are not the same God nor the same servants in obedience to the same God.

Old 09-01-2021, 04:43 PM

16,665 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Span Lateral View Post
Not to offend anyone's faith here, however, I personally believe that the system of Islam and Quranic theology is such a deceptive system that is filled with contradictions and inconsistencies.

I truly believe that Islam has absolutely nothing in common with the intended message of Christianity nor The Old Testament. but rather, Islam is simply a cluster of portions of various pagan ceremonies and beliefs mixed with only the very narrow, limited, and minor ideologies found in the Bible.

<snipped for brevity>>

I find upon studying Islam and the Bible that there is nothing comparable or even closely resembling, only Islam is taking Pre Arabian paganism and mixing it together with scattered passages and partial phrases and partial ideas of the BIble and pretending to serve and worship the God of the Bible, yet these are not the same God nor the same servants in obedience to the same God.
Why in the world would you bring up Christianity and the Bible in the Islam forum? It's against the rules to promote Christianity here.

Old 09-01-2021, 06:06 PM

39 posts, read 13,011 times
Which religion has more in common with Islam: Christianity or Judaism?

I honestly truly thought that the rule would not apply when the specific question is requesting a constricted and limited, direct narrowing to a precise direct question.

does - Christianity or Judaism and Islam = commonality

what is Islamic within Christianity and Judaism

I apologize, I did not understand that the forum rule must remove what is in common with Christianity and Judaism, with potential common features with Islam.

could you kindly explain what the forum is asking pertaining to the question?

- what is in common to Christianity and Judaism's, comparison to Islam.

I simply had no way to understand the forum rule -

when I was reading through the pages of the forum I found that this rule you are claiming applies to the forum is not applied anywhere

Page 1 of the forum has posters mentioning the word " Xtian " 15 times
Page 2 of the forum has posters mentioning the word " Xtian " 11 times

with the word, Torah even mentioned openly

Page 3 of the forum has posters mentioning the word 16 times

I am reading the forum and seeing that nearly every single post is mentioning
" Xtianity " everywhere I look.

I understand that times are busy these days but seeing that nearly every single other poster is mentioning " Xtianity " and even the Torah is being openly mentioned also

But how would someone just arriving newly into this forum comprehend that they are not supposed to mention a word that is scattered numerously on every single page of the forum.

please accept my apology and my cooperation to try and learn more about islamic rulership that only applies to me, and humbly I ask you to try to comprehend that Muslims simply do not apply these rules to those who pretend and simulate conditioning incapable of explaining the facts concerning factual commonalities.

In God we trust. $$$

Old 09-07-2021, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Could you state here those Qur'anic contradictions and inconsistencies?

Quote:
That is your "belief"; not my belief.

Quote:
In other words, for example, Islam does not teach the same Biblical faith concerning Family and Marriage and Adultery.

The marriage system within Islam, defined by the Quran is nothing like the marriage system of the Bible.
The Bible is consistent and unwavering Pro - Polygamy and Pro-Family - to the end - with a lifetime commitment in marriage.
So is Islam. Polygamy is not required but is not banned because of limited and needed cases.

Quote:
However, adultery - in the Quran -- is only, just as simple, as when the Muslim Husband, Himself - is not personally quite ready or in the mood - to send His wife on down the line to the next neighbor waiting in line..

and when the Muslim wife makes a sudden decision to run off with another man before the husband is ready for this event to happen, THIS IS ADULTERY _ in Islam. That’s it ! -
Nonsense! We have already celebrated more than 50 years of marriage and none of us have run off to the neighbour.

Quote:
if the Muslim husband feels that his feelings of sensual arousal and excitement that he once had for his wife have vanished or faded, then he can simply say “ I DIVORCE YOU ” three times in a row -
and the Muslim woman is free to be sent off to be with the next man, however, any previous husband cannot ever take her back again, ONLY until his divorced wife has fully and completely had sexual intercourse with another man.
"I DIVORCE YOU" three times in a row is only one time in a row. There are Islamic requirements even before that and after that. You are spreading misinformation about Islamic divorce here in this forum.

Quote:
Only after, a divorced Muslim woman has fully had sexual relations with another man, only then, can the previous husband remarry her and take her back
Why would the man want to remarry a twice divorced and twice rejected woman?

Quote:
The Quran says explicitly that a Muslim woman can be divorced unlimited times and return to unlimited previous husbands and remarry unlimited times - there is no limit - just a waiting period that a previous husband MUST wait upon, to give his divorced wife the time it takes for her to find a new man and have sexual intercourse with another man - before he can take her back.
Which passage of the Qur'an says so "explicitly"? Quote it here please or else you are talking in ignorance about Islam.

Quote:
If a new husband is not ready to send his Muslim wife to the next man in line and the Muslim woman rushes to move along the line - this is adultery in Islam.
Your imagination is well aroused and working overtime here.

Quote:
The marriage system of the Quran is nothing like the Bible

A.L. Bilal Muhammad et al (2018) So if a husband divorces his wife irrevocably, he cannot re-marry her after that, until after she has married a different husband and he has divorced her.
That is to stop him divorcing her without justifiable reason.

Quote:
Everything about Islam pretends and claims to present the faith of the Bible but even the God of Islam is nothing like the God of the Bible. The God of the Bible is a Spirit, but the God of Islam is NOT a spirit. In Islam, It is Satan who is a Spirit - evil is identified as Spirit deities
In Islam, Stan is NOT a spirit as known to you. Stan is created being from smokeless fire. You are making false claims about Islam here.

Quote:
So,,,, to compare the God of Islam to the God of the Bible, this is impossible because in Islam the deities and beings who are SPIRITS are the Evil beings - and the God of Islam is not a Spirit.
To compare, God of the Bible died on the cross but God of Islam is EVERLIVING.

Quote:
SO.... by the criteria and faith system of Islam, COMPARING the God of the Bible who is a Spirit, this God, by the standards of Islam - The God of the Bible is not a supreme and almighty God _ but a lower form of a deity who is like a Man or like Satan or an Angel. This is the outcome when we compare the God of Islam to the God of the Bible.
God being crucified and killed on the cross is not in Islam. Big difference!

Quote:
And this is a huge and major difference between the two

because according to the Islam belief, Allah / God is incapable of having a son because of the fact that Allah does not have sexual intercourse or marriage with a female. Whereas the God of the Bible has placed a portion of his own SPRIT into man and woman and he has many, many sons and daughters
That means we are all sons of God who has no wives. Adam was also son of God but Satan had better of that son of God. Are you son of God like Adam was?

Quote:
The God of the Bible IS A SPIRIT and has conceived himself in a woman, WITHOUT SEXUAL INTERCOURSE _ begetting a son, who was GOD HIMSELF in the flesh, fully filled with the fulness of the Holy Spirit of God _ fully physically.
God conceived himself in a woman? WOW!
When God of the Bible conceived himself in a woman, he became his son. WOW!

No wonder the poor GOD HIMSELF was then crucified and killed on the cross by the Romans. What an advertisement of God of the Bible in this Islam forum! God of the Bible claimed to be spat on, stoned, crucified and killed. How can you believe in a God that can go through all that and then be killed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam