Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 09:03 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Try to imagine having a very long life span, The first part of it alone. Being the only one of your kind and having direct contact with God(swt) and the angels. The first Human and having the knowledge of being the first. A life very few if any of us can comprehend.
OK, I can accept that Adam had an unusual life having only his god to talk with.

But I'm still trying to deal with his weight of 820,000 pounds - over six times the estimated weight of the largest dinosaur ever uncovered, and over four times the weight of the largest whale, whose immense body is supported by water.

How about Eve? Do you think she was as heavy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 01:51 PM

2,767 posts, read 2,665,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
But I'm still trying to deal with his weight .....
I could not find any thing about his weight but i found a Hadith about his width.
but some say that this Hadith is not true and some say it is true

the Hadith say that the width of Adam was seven cubits .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
How about Eve? Do you think she was as heavy?
logically she must had been Harmonious and consistent with Adam peace be upon them.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:15 PM

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,

There was an argument between adam and moses (peace be upon both of them) in the presence of their Lord.

adam came the better of moses.
moses said:
Are you that adam whom Allah created with His Hand and breathed into him His sprit,
and commanded angels to fall in prostration before him and He made you live in Paradise with comfort and ease.
Then you caused the people to get down to the earth because of your lapse.
adam said:
Are you that moses whom Allah selected for His Messengership and for His conversation with him and
conferred upon you the tablets, in which everything was clearly explained and granted you the audience in order to have confidential talk with you.

What is your opinion, how long Torah would have been written before I was created?

moses said:
Forty years before.

adam said:
Did you not see these words:adam committed an error and he was enticed to (do so).

He (moses) said:
Yes.

Whereupon, he (adam) said:
Do you then blame me for an act which Allah had ordained for me forty years before He created me?

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: This is how adam came the better of moses.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:51 AM

Gabriel impressed upon me (kind treatment) towards the neighbour (so much)
that I thought as if he would confer upon him the (right) of inheritance
He who believes in Allah and the Last Day should either utter good words or better keep silence;
and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day should treat his neighbour with kindness
and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to his guest

Old 09-26-2012, 06:40 PM

Whoever has eaten garlic or onion should keep away from us (or should keep away from our mosque)

************************************************** ************************************

Sahl b. Sa'd as-Sa'id reported that
a person peeped through the hole of the door of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him),
and at that time Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had with him a scratching instrument with which he had been scratching his head.
When Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) saw him. he said:
If I were to know that you had been peeping through the door,
I would have thrust that into your eyes,
and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said:
Permission is needed as a protection against glance.

Last edited by truth_teller; 09-26-2012 at 06:51 PM..

Old 09-27-2012, 01:20 AM

Some people asked The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) about fortune-tellers,
and he said:
They are nothing.
They said:
O Messenger of Allaah, they say something and it comes true.
The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said:
That is a word of truth which the jinni snatches and cackles into the ear of his familiar like the cackling of a hen,
and they mix more than one hundred lies with it.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:41 PM

Three men from among those who were before you, set out together till they reached a cave at night and entered it.
A big rock rolled down the mountain and closed the mouth of the cave.
They said (to each other), Nothing could save you from this rock but to invoke Allah by giving referenda to the righteous deed which you have done (for Allah's sake only).

' So, one of them said,
'O Allah! I had old parents and I never provided my family (wife, children etc.) with milk before them.
One day, by chance I was delayed, and I came late (at night) while they had slept.
I milked the sheep for them and took the milk to them, but I found them sleeping.
I disliked to provide my family with the milk before them.
I waited for them and the bowl of milk was in my hand and I kept on waiting for them to get up till the day dawned.
Then they got up and drank the milk.
O Allah! If I did that for Your Sake only, please relieve us from our critical situation caused by this rock.'
So, the rock shifted a little but they could not get out."

The Prophet added, "The second man said,
'O Allah! I had a cousin who was the dearest of all people to me and I wanted to have sexual relations with her but she refused.
Later she had a hard time in a famine year and she came to me and I gave her one-hundred-and-twenty Dinars on the condition that she would not resist my desire, and she agreed.
When I was about to fulfill my desire, she said: It is illegal for you to outrage my chastity except by legitimate marriage.
So, I thought it a sin to have sexual intercourse with her and left her though she was the dearest of all the people to me,
and also I left the gold I had given her.
O Allah! If I did that for Your Sake only, please relieve us from the present calamity.'
So, the rock shifted a little more but still they could not get out from there."

The Prophet added, "Then the third man said,
'O Allah! I employed few laborers and I paid them their wages with the exception of one man who did not take his wages and went away.
I invested his wages and I got much property thereby.
(Then after some time) he came and said to me:
O Allah's slave! Pay me my wages.
I said to him: All the camels, cows, sheep and slaves you see, are yours.
He said: O Allah's slave! Don't mock at me.
I said: I am not mocking at you. So, he took all the herd and drove them away and left nothing.
O Allah! If I did that for Your Sake only, please relieve us from the present suffering.'
So, that rock shifted completely and they got out walking

Old 09-28-2012, 07:57 AM

Narrated Aisha:
Allah's Apostle (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) came to my house while two girls were singing beside me the songs of Buath (a story about the war between the two tribes of the Ansar, the Khazraj and the Aus, before Islam).

The Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) lay down and turned his face to the other side.

Then Abu Bakr came and spoke to me harshly saying,
"Musical instruments of Satan near the Prophet (p.b.u.h) ?"
Allah's Apostle (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) turned his face towards him and said,
"Leave them."
When Abu Bakr became inattentive,

I signalled to those girls to go out and they left.

It was the day of 'Id, and the Black people were playing with shields and spears;

so either I requested the Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) or he asked me whether I would like to see the display.

I replied in the affirmative.

Then the Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) made me stand behind him and my cheek was touching his cheek and he was saying, "Carry on! O Bani Arfida," till I got tired.

The Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) asked me, "Are you satisfied (Is that sufficient for you)?

" I replied in the affirmative and he told me to leave

Old 09-29-2012, 11:01 AM

None amongst you would attain salvation purely because of his deeds.
A person said:
Allah's messenger, even you also.
Thereupon he said: Yes. Not even I, but that Allah wraps me in mercy,
but you should act with moderation

Old 09-29-2012, 05:16 PM

Allah has written for the son of adam his inevitable share of adultery whether he is aware of it or not:
The adultery of the eye is the looking (at something which is sinful to look at),
and the adultery of the tongue is to utter (what it is unlawful to utter),
and the innerself wishes and longs for (adultery) and the private parts turn that into reality or refrain from submitting to the temptation.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam