Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 02:56 PM

10,545 posts, read 7,739,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
I still believe it, because I have studied the case well..
I do too. Vincent Bugliosi studied the case extremely well and came to that conclusion.

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/41490
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 03:01 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,815,202 times
I'm not sure why anybody cares anymore (except maybe Caroline Kennedy.)

Old 07-12-2021, 03:40 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,880,115 times
Not again.....

For the record, nothing regarding this conspiracy theory has changed really from the mid 90s to late 90s when the Assassination Records Review Board released 4 million pages of documents (which did nothing to support a conspiracy). Other previously classified records were released in 2017 (again nothing to support a conspiracy). At least wait to start a new conspiracy thread when the remaining classified documents are released so we have something new to discuss - October of this year I think will be the release.

Otherwise, it's the same old topic that pops up about every 6 months, the same conspiracy theories dusted off and discussed again (most of them which, amusingly, conflict with each other), the same youtube videos and blogs linked, probably the same members arguing.

There will never be "complete agreement", but I think the general majority consensus, from the last round of discussion in this forum, is that Oswald acted alone and there was no conspiracy.

Old 07-12-2021, 03:59 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,599,781 times
MLK sure, but why would the Feds kill JFK?

Old 07-12-2021, 04:03 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Obviously, when we were growing up decades ago, and taught about this in school, we all bought in to the Warren Commission whitewash and that was that. We had solid faith in our government and it was unthinkable that they could do something like this. We were naive.

Nobody questioned the idea that Dulles, a guy Kennedy had fired, was put on the Commission. That is outrageous. There is also the Bush family connection to a CIA affiliated person who befriended Oswald out of the blue, even though they have zero in common, not to mention decades apart in age. The shooting itself. The aftermath. Oswald himself, who I don’t even believe capable of pulling this off. He was an uneducated, ill tempered, simpleton.

I could go on and on with all the inconsistencies that we all just accepted as fact.

But it’s now 2021 and we are fully aware with eyes wide open. We know firsthand what our government is capable of. It’s not unthinkable anymore.

So my main questions:

What theory makes most sense?

What events, no matter how small or tertiary, give you the most problems when you try to take the Warren report at face value?

Lastly, if there is anyone out there who actually believes the narrative that Oswald acted alone and killed JFK, why do you still believe it?
It's hard to understand what his beliefs were but it's not that hard to get to be a good shot with a bolt action, high powered rifle.

Old 07-12-2021, 04:20 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,247,142 times
Of all the conspiracy theories that were ever advanced, I find most plausible the one that Lyndon Johnson was involved. He had motive, as he was scheduled to be replaced as VP on the 1964 ticket.

Old 07-12-2021, 06:07 PM

9,114 posts, read 6,160,628 times
This should appeal to several of you.

https://jfkfacts.org/bobby-kennedy-i...get-one-of-us/

Last edited by Lillie767; 07-12-2021 at 06:24 PM..

Old 07-12-2021, 06:16 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,929,380 times
Why would the govt kill its own leader?

What has JFK do to provoke his underlings into whacking him?

Because there are no so many ways to sabotage JFK presidency to ensure he does not get re-elected in 4 years time. Its only 4 years.

Look what happened to Trump. Obviously not hard.

Old 07-12-2021, 06:18 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,955,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
This should appeal to several of you.

https://jfkfacts.org/bobby-kennedy-i...get-one-of-us/
Thanks for posting.

Old 07-12-2021, 06:35 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,467,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
I think a lot of conspiracy theories originate from the naive assumption that the world operates in some kind of normal rational order. But in fact some lone nutcase can commit a crime that will change the course of history. For the conspiracy minded there must be some complex multi level organized and sinister organization that is behind the murder of a respected and popular political figure.
The "lone nut case" was whacked the next day and the only words we have from him is "I`m just a patsy".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History