Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 10:24 PM

7,030 posts, read 4,906,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
If she was on a Wellcare Advantage plan, which it sounds like it was, Original Medicare was no longer her insurer, Wellcare was and had the responsibility of dispensing her Medicare benefits.

Sounds like she's now back on Original Medicare as of May 1, probably under the trial right which allows her to drop Advantage within the first year. Hopefully, she's done with Wellcare.
I was on Wellcare Advantage. I should have said that to begin with, but now I'm off it and back on regular old Medicare. I do have Wellcare for my Part D, though - I had that originally and I decided to reapply to use that for my Part D again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2024, 05:42 PM

OMG. First I couldn't get them to call back for three months, now they won't quit calling.

Old 04-30-2024, 05:39 PM

13,134 posts, read 21,027,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
If she was on a Wellcare Advantage plan, which it sounds like it was, Original Medicare was no longer her insurer, Wellcare was and had the responsibility of dispensing her Medicare benefits.
Although that is the correct practice, legally and technically Advantage plans are Medicare Plans. It's not "original" Medicare but it is still Medicare. Congress is not willing to pass the provision of the "Save Medicare Act" that provides for the explicit removal and prohibition on using the term "Medicare" or "Medicare Part C" or any wording that its Medicare, they want Advantage Plans to be officially recognized as a Medicare Plan.

Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM

Well, whatever it was/is, I am no longer on Wellcare as of today. I'm back on regular Medicare. Woohoo. However, there's a catch to this, as always.

I ended up in the ER a couple weeks ago because of gall stones. I told them my plan then was Wellcare and the hospital insisted I was on Medicare and Medicaid. So naturally, when they sent the first of the bills to Medicare, Medicare rejected it. So now I have to call and direct them to send the bill to Wellcare. What do you want to bet that Wellcare will ignore the fact I was on their plan at that time and just tell them I'm not on any of their plans and sent the bill right back to the hospital?

I know I'm being negative about something that hasn't even happened yet but in this case, I feel like the the worst thing that could happen is always happening. As in, I've seen this play before. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance