Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2023, 07:21 PM

1,824 posts, read 794,851 times

Advertisements

^^^I hope you post back with a review of Thyrostim, I would like to know your opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2023, 07:48 PM

10,988 posts, read 6,852,461 times
I'm told that I also need the GTA item from BIOTICS Research. This item is $34. The other item (Thyrostim) is $28. I'm wondering if this is needed on an ongoing basis or if it can be used to jump start the system, kind of like many years ago when I took Progesterone to jumpstart that production in my body.

By the way, my hair has stopped shedding. This made me remember that periodically I go through this process of losing a fair amount of hair, which in the past I had read is normal. I had forgotten about it because it's been a while since the last time. (Maybe 3-4 years ago.) Still, it's pretty obvious that I need thyroid support so I will be taking these items and will report back in a few months.

Old 11-13-2023, 08:08 PM

3,253 posts, read 1,739,106 times
TLDR, perhaps it's simply nature. At least for men, to a lesser degree women as well. Genetics plays a part in this as well. One of my friends started going gray in his twenties. by the time he hit 30 he was bald as a cueball.

Sometimes there's not much one can do about it.

Old 11-13-2023, 08:19 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I'm told that I also need the GTA item from BIOTICS Research. This item is $34. The other item (Thyrostim) is $28. I'm wondering if this is needed on an ongoing basis or if it can be used to jump start the system, kind of like many years ago when I took Progesterone to jumpstart that production in my body.

By the way, my hair has stopped shedding. This made me remember that periodically I go through this process of losing a fair amount of hair, which in the past I had read is normal. I had forgotten about it because it's been a while since the last time. (Maybe 3-4 years ago.) Still, it's pretty obvious that I need thyroid support so I will be taking these items and will report back in a few months.

Hair is going is stages of growing and shedding.

In your case your body might finally got rid of some toxins causing hair loss.

Old 11-13-2023, 09:27 PM

I agree with that, elnina. As mentioned I was taking very strong drugs last month (pulmonary).

Old 11-14-2023, 12:29 PM

2,178 posts, read 2,314,948 times
I have a ton of thick, wavy hair, but the hair on the right side of my head is thinner than the left. Since grieving my mom's passing, my hair has gotten thinner overall but I notice it more on the right. Scalp is more itchy and sore as well. High cortisol from stress plays a role in our skin and hair health.

I think you're right to suspect recent stress, as well as, the other things you mentioned, pathrunner.
I may try that Thyrostim. My recent bloodwork shows levels are normal, but a little boost may be beneficial.

Old 11-14-2023, 12:43 PM

Don't forget to get the GTA as well, from the same company. They work hand in hand.

I think you're right about cortisol and stress. I got a case of seborrhea for the first time in my life. It took months to get rid of it. My scalp had these little scabs and it itched like crazy during the night.

My hair is also thinner, on the left side. Always been that way. I ran into a woman at the dog park earlier today who had long grey hair down to her waist, it was wavy and thick. It looked great (unlike some others who don't take care of their hair as well as she seems to). Some people have the right genes!!

Old 11-14-2023, 08:44 PM

2,178 posts, read 2,314,948 times
Thanks I will get the GTA also. I’ve been really rundown lately and trying to recover. I figure whatever helps my nerves, skin and hair, will help overall.

Old 11-15-2023, 11:30 AM

Results came back, slightly low thyroid levels. They called in a scrip for Synthroid 50 mcg. I'm not sure I want to take it. I looked at the info on this link: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...d-side-effects
One of the side effects, though rare, is hair loss in the first few months. I'll take weight loss but the other side effects are undesirable.

I think I will try the natural route first. Odering the GTA today. I think in my case it should be enough. Even though I hvae excellent pharmacy insurance, I'd rather go the natural route for now even though it's a bit costly. I already take so many "chemicals" I want to avoid more.

Old 11-15-2023, 04:42 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Was your father bald? If it in your genes, stop obsessing and roll with it. Women do not care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care