Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 10:15 AM

238 posts, read 1,144,239 times

Advertisements

Once I turned 50 I started to notice alot of gray hair and people started calling me old man. I noticed that I felt older also. I thought I would try to look younger by dying my normally brown hair. The lady at the hair salon dyed my gray hair black and I looked really silly. I had two options, shave it off and start fresh or wait a few months before new hair grew in. I waited.

Any other men dye their gray hair for vanity or to look younger so they can get a job? Women, would you like your husband to dye his hair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 10:19 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
Who is exactly calling you an old man? I prefer a man to accept his grays or his thinning air. Just a nice haircut is all he needs. If you have a good positive happy confident energy force, you will generally be seen as attractive by all. Especially with men, age is a good thing.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:32 AM

72,409 posts, read 18,197,553 times
I think man should dye their hair when it goes gray.Don't like to see gray hair on me either

Old 11-09-2007, 10:39 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
My opinion: Yes, dye the gray but make sure it looks natural.

However, if you are okay with the gray then just go with it. But you are obviously not okay with the gray because you had it dyed.

Yes, I like my husband to dye his hair. He is 17 years older than me and even though I am in my 40's, I still look young and I like to keep myself youthful looking. Maybe this is more about me than him, but I feel that when people see me and "grandpa" together they think one of two things - (1) "Look at that young golddigger with that old man"; or (2) "That's her dad." The age difference didn't bother me 20 years ago, but it is really starting to bother me now. But I'll reserve those issues for another thread. I'll try to stick to the topic at hand, which is hair.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:48 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
once your hair goes grey..try a medium brown.

once your hair goes WHITE...try light blonde...that way when it fades it looks like you have highlights.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:03 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
I think man should dye their hair when it goes gray.Don't like to see gray hair on me either
I'm gray and I don't dye my hair. I prefer for people to accept me for who I am. Plus, my wife likes my gray hair and calls me the handsome gray one. In my opinion, hair dying is a deception, people presenting themselves as someone they are not. In dating relationships, this could cause a problem if one person has no knowledge the other dyes his/her hair and finds out. Under such circumstances that person would be totally justified ending the relationship on the basis that they were deceived or lied to by the other. Bottom line for me...What you see is what you get.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:05 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,369,447 times
I wouldn't dye my hair and I'd mock any "man" I met who does.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:08 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,679,616 times
I saw my first gray hair when I was 16. By the time I was 50 I was mostly silver. I dyed my hair when the time came to look for work. It became a pain so I stopped.

What I noticed the most when my hair was dyed? The comments about my hair. Or rather the lack of comments. I stopped hearing people say how they wished they had my hair. I guess it's a nice silver gray or something. I don't see it, but others sure to seem to.

I don't dye my hair anymore. I like being complemented.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:21 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,531,941 times
I think my husband looks great with his gray hair....that doesn't mean I don't tease him about it.....it's all in fun and he know I think he's handsome.

I do have a boss that colors his but whoever he has do it does a great job. If I didn't know already, I probably never would.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:04 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,369,491 times
I would dye my hair as it began to gray out as a man.. but I am a woman.

But I streak and highlight my hair pretty colors as it is.... to the above poster who mentioned this... LOL I wouldn't go storming the beaches of Normandy and dump someone on the spot after I had been dating them, if I found out they had... (insert gasp) DYED their HAIR! ...there are so many products out there that affect your hair with or without dye... color based shampoos, sun highlighting kits, it's anyone's guess what your real hair color is anymore.

I don't think it's that big of a deal at all, it's a personal preference. Don't go to great lengths to disguise who you are as a person.. but on the same hand, do you shave every morning to look well groomed and well kept? Are you hiding your true hairy-monster self from the rest of the world? Do you feel bad about it? Lol. its all in apperances.

I'm with the others, as long as it looks natural, have fun with it. it's your hair. it grows back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care