Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,205,559 times

Advertisements

I hope she doesn't have the ability to reproduce!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 11:26 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
"and allow the government to make their personal choices for them"

NRA-ILA | Outrage of the Week--Bloomberg

what an idiot bloomerg is. he stands for nothing but being a quisling and should be treated as such.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:58 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,984,695 times
Default The great gun control fizzle

Interesting read.

Opinion: The great gun control fizzle - Rich Lowry - POLITICO.com

Old 04-04-2013, 04:19 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
I think Mass Media hasn't quite accepted the fact they don't actually speak for us, nor do we really consider them our spokesmen.

The media take on gun control is almost unversally MORE!! MORE!! and they think we'll all mindlessly follow, but the real world doesn't work that way.

The truth is a very large part of this country is just not stupid enough to trade any of the freedoms we currently enjoy for promises of safety from a politician.

And why should we? Wooden nickels have more value than a politico's promises!

Old 04-04-2013, 04:24 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
"and allow the government to make their personal choices for them"

NRA-ILA | Outrage of the Week--Bloomberg
And these same people are the ones saying it's crazy and ridiculous and should be against the law to compare them to Hitler.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:14 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Note that the congresscritter had her spokesperson issue a correction, but even with the benfit of 20 20 hindsight and time to google the info, the spokesperson was still laughably wrong:

Rep. Diana DeGette appears not to understand how guns work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver post
"The congresswoman has been working on a high-capacity assault magazine ban for years and has been deeply involved in the issue; she simply misspoke in referring to 'magazines' when she should have referred to 'clips,' which cannot be reused because they don't have a feeding mechanism," [spokesperson] Johnson said.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Clips and mags can both be reused. Does a clip have a feeding mechanism? I don't know, it's purpose in life is to feed rounds into a magazine, so I would think that it does. This lady taking a lead role in gun legislation is like me being made an Olympic judge in synchronized swimming. Maybe worse--at least I do know how to swim.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:21 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,984,695 times
And I see they took another opportunity to throw the children out there again as a cause for their idiotic reasoning, along with the "killing machines". You can't fix stupid.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:58 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Isn't this just unbeLIEvable?????? I mean, I am really truly an honestly stunned. How can this go unpunished? This woman should be impeached at the very least. The clip should be played on all the major outlets so that people know exactly what is going on in congress. It really doesn't matter where you stand on the gun control issue, everyone should be outraged that this woman be allowed to serve in public office after a stunt like this.

I'm sorry guys, it's just I've been taking in all this ignorance for the last couple months from people who haven't the slightest clue, and to be honest, I'm really starting to get burnt out on all of it. There is just so much of it out there. It's one thing to hear crap like this from someone posting here on a forum, but from someone who is supposed to lead us and make critical decisions in policy???? For crying OUT LOUD!!!! Why don't they just go ahead and make me Cheif Administrator of Americas nuclear warhead program.... because apparently, you don't reallyhave to know what you are doing, you just have to pretend like you do.

It is literaly enraging......

Old 04-05-2013, 11:08 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I think Mass Media hasn't quite accepted the fact they don't actually speak for us, nor do we really consider them our spokesmen.

The media take on gun control is almost unversally MORE!! MORE!! and they think we'll all mindlessly follow, but the real world doesn't work that way.

The truth is a very large part of this country is just not stupid enough to trade any of the freedoms we currently enjoy for promises of safety from a politician.

And why should we? Wooden nickels have more value than a politico's promises!
There is no media in this country any more. Just liberal lapdogs with the idea that if they say something long enough, eventualy, it will become true. It's called conditioning. Sadly, Democracy cannot function without an objective media.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:48 AM

315 posts, read 255,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
There is no media in this country any more. Just liberal lapdogs with the idea that if they say something long enough, eventualy, it will become true. It's called conditioning. Sadly, Democracy cannot function without an objective media.
I think both sides are guilty of pushing agendas. Fox is to the right what MSNBC is to the left. Its strange that when I grew up, you had an hour news cycle not 24/7 news, all trying to come up with some new spin on the same thing.

Its not news one right or left, its spin or its puff pieces or more likely its opeds dressed up like news. NPR news on the hour is about as close to just what is going on as you can get. For me its not a big deal. I can sift through the crap and make my own decisions. I can watch a piece on MSNBC and agree with it, or totally disagree with it and the same goes for Fox news.

When I hear Lawrence Odonnell go on about the "mass killing " devices bla bla bal. I know he has an agenda and seems to want to be the most outraged hater of guns. It seems to be whats in vogue with the left right now.

I don't agree with him at all and its total BS. I don't take what Fox news says without thinking about it either. Fox and Friends is a show I would have to back up with some facts before believing any of it. They have shown themselves to be very biased and fact free, just as MSNBC.

I also like the BBC but they are not focused on the USA.

When Maddow's whines about how bad guns are and then goes on to tout that some anti gun woman won the dem primary in Ill. in one of the most liberal districts, as some triumph, all I can do is laugh. Its as much propaganda as when North Korea puts on a video saying we all get one cup of coffee a day made of snow and our walls are made with North Korean material.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting