Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 08:45 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,400,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel336to919 View Post
I’d love to see the old car dealership near church street I g Boro transform into a brewery. Would be awesome if reb oak had a tasting room/tap room in dt Greensboro since that’s where they first had their roots. Also, just about everywhere in Raleigh has Greensboro listed in their menus for red oak
If you’re talking about the old Gate City Lincoln Mercury, that has been the potential site for two breweries, but both fell through. Natty Green’s almost did their expansion/taproom there, and then it was going to be the site for Wise Man. Andy Zimmerman was working on the deal, and when it didn’t come together, the Wise Man guys regrouped and decided to give Winston a look. https://www.greensboro.com/business/...036d57d33.html

And as for the IPA thing, agree to disagree. I don’t drink IPAs because they’re trendy. They aren’t even really trendy anymore anyway. I drink them because I think they are delicious.

And the cool thing about craft brewers is that there are breweries who do just about everything. Yeah, Foothills may not have a Hefeweizen, to take one example, but I know for a fact I saw one on the tap wall at Small Batch just a couple days ago. Plus you can always talk to these guys, especially at the smaller breweries. Let them know what you like and ask them questions about why they do or don’t brew certain things. Could be an equipment or recipe issue, or it could just be because they didn’t know people wanted it. You could plant the seeds that will grow into scotch ales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 12:25 PM

9 posts, read 13,657 times
Dang. That would have been awesome. Especially when the performing arts center opens.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:53 PM

121 posts, read 159,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTheLiveOaks View Post
Good list working, so far.

To update your original post:

Kernersville
Gypsy Road

HRVT: I was going to mention this one to you a few weeks back. They even have trivia based around The Office, Parks and Rec, and other shows. I saw Disney trivia, as well. I thought you and your wife would probably really like it there. I have not been yet but I may show up for the parks and rec trivia night.

There is also Goofy Foot in High Point but I believe they are more of a taproom (with other brewers) at this point. I may be wrong but I think I read that they plan to bring in their own eventually. I have not been there yet.

As far as the new High Point brewery they wanted to put near the stadium, I think I remember it being part of the mixed-use project that they are putting into motion now. My guess is they probably have not got an actual brewery lined up at this point.

Last edited by KL77; 10-15-2018 at 04:02 PM..

Old 10-15-2018, 07:55 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,061,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL77 View Post
HRVT: I was going to mention this one to you a few weeks back. They even have trivia based around The Office, Parks and Rec, and other shows. I saw Disney trivia, as well. I thought you and your wife would probably really like it there. I have not been yet but I may show up for the parks and rec trivia night.

There is also Goofy Foot in High Point but I believe they are more of a taproom (with other brewers) at this point. I may be wrong but I think I read that they plan to bring in their own eventually. I have not been there yet.

As far as the new High Point brewery they wanted to put near the stadium, I think I remember it being part of the mixed-use project that they are putting into motion now. My guess is they probably have not got an actual brewery lined up at this point.
Yeah, I went to Goofy Foot a few weeks ago and the owner was mentioning that they would eventually brew their own beer. They're just finishing recipes (and more importantly, getting the permits to sell what they brew).

I'm really looking forward to the brewery next to the stadium though. A brewery and a ballgame sounds like an excellent Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:11 AM

https://www.greensboro.com/business/...4eca35222.html

Here's some good news. This should allow breweries in the state to expand without having to go through a distributor or wholesaler, at least until they hit the new cap.

This is a big win IMO, assuming it passes.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:15 PM

Also since this topic has been revived, there are now two (soon to be) new entrants to the Triad brewery scene.

First in Winston-Salem, there's Radar Brewing Co. It appears to be slated to open in mid-2019 per the link. If their Facebook page is to be believed (and I don't see any reason to dispute it), they appear on track for that (though probably closer July/August).

https://yesweekly.com/winston-salems...industry-hill/

And then, coming to Greensboro, in Gibbs Hundred's old spot (which IMO, is superior to their current spot from a consumer perspective) is SouthEnd Brewing Co. It appears as if they're making major (good) changes to the spot including a back patio/beer garden. It's slated to open in Spring/Summer per the article below. Per the pictures on Facebook, I'd probably say they're on a similar timeline as Radar (July/August). SouthEnd also seems to plan on having a small plates menu. This should fit in well in that area, especially across from BoxCar and about a block from Horrigan's.

https://www.journalnow.com/entertain...7367be67a.html

Coming Soon - (At this time, there's nothing really on the page, but months from now, at least those looking at the thread can reference it).

Also, having been to Goofy Foot a couple times in the somewhat recent past, I can attest that they have a brew or two on tap of their own now... at least they did when I went.

Old 05-23-2019, 06:50 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,083,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
And then, coming to Greensboro, in Gibbs Hundred's old spot (which IMO, is superior to their current spot from a consumer perspective) is SouthEnd Brewing Co. It appears as if they're making major (good) changes to the spot including a back patio/beer garden. It's slated to open in Spring/Summer per the article below. Per the pictures on Facebook, I'd probably say they're on a similar timeline as Radar (July/August). SouthEnd also seems to plan on having a small plates menu. This should fit in well in that area, especially across from BoxCar and about a block from Horrigan's.

https://www.journalnow.com/entertain...7367be67a.html

Coming Soon - (At this time, there's nothing really on the page, but months from now, at least those looking at the thread can reference it).
I cannot express enough how happy I am that someone is taking Gibb's prior spot. I understand (from a strategic brewing capacity standpoint) why they moved, but it's a good thing SouthEnd is filling their shoes in downtown.

Old 05-23-2019, 04:48 PM

37 posts, read 48,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGC View Post
I cannot express enough how happy I am that someone is taking Gibb's prior spot. I understand (from a strategic brewing capacity standpoint) why they moved, but it's a good thing SouthEnd is filling their shoes in downtown.
I'm also happy another brewery is moving into that space... although I wish they picked another more unique name for it. I know it's the "South End" neighborhood but the name "SouthEnd Brewing Company" is really generic.

Here's another "Coming Soon" brewery in Greensboro: Oden Brewing Company

https://www.facebook.com/odenbrewing/

Old 05-23-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlynFoma View Post
I'm also happy another brewery is moving into that space... although I wish they picked another more unique name for it. I know it's the "South End" neighborhood but the name "SouthEnd Brewing Company" is really generic.

Here's another "Coming Soon" brewery in Greensboro: Oden Brewing Company

https://www.facebook.com/odenbrewing/
Interesting. They've been in the works for a couple years now, but had gone quiet of late. Looks like things are picking back up.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:27 PM

So... After doing some digging, it seems that both Radar and SouthEnd are a bit stalled. Radar has not posted on Facebook in about two months after being fairly active for a few months. South End hasn't posted since mid-June despite looking well on the way to opening. Wonder what's going on here.

In good news, Oden seems to be progressing nicely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point