Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 09:01 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,139,473 times

Advertisements

I know this thread is a couple of years old but my daughter is seriously considering CSU for their Equine Science program. I lived in Fort Collins for about 6 months back in 1999 and I am sure it has changed a lot (they were just building a bunch of newer homes south of the city). We are doing a campus tour in March during Spring Break...any updates on the OP's original questions or has anyone here graduated from the Equine Science program at CSU?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2024, 09:10 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
I know this thread is a couple of years old but my daughter is seriously considering CSU for their Equine Science program. I lived in Fort Collins for about 6 months back in 1999 and I am sure it has changed a lot (they were just building a bunch of newer homes south of the city). We are doing a campus tour in March during Spring Break...any updates on the OP's original questions or has anyone here graduated from the Equine Science program at CSU?

Thanks!!
Well since my response my youngest has joined the middle kiddo in Fort Collins, so now I'm paying tuition for two kids. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop the Alumni Association from hitting me up for money.

Neither of my kids are in Equine Science. One's in social work, and the other is doing Exercise and Sports Science.

I bought football season tickets for the first time last year. We drove up from Denver for every game except Air Force. After 5 years they're finally wrapping up that damn I-25 expansion project between Berthoud and Fort Collins. Now if they could just fix the section between Berthoud and CO-66, that would be swell.

If you end up picking CSU, plan to attend one of the summer orientation sessions. Parents can opt to stay in the dorm (Braiden Hall, 4th floor - has AC) for an additional charge. It's helpful if this is your first kiddo going to college.

Old 01-09-2024, 09:37 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,139,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Well since my response my youngest has joined the middle kiddo in Fort Collins, so now I'm paying tuition for two kids. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop the Alumni Association from hitting me up for money.

Neither of my kids are in Equine Science. One's in social work, and the other is doing Exercise and Sports Science.

I bought football season tickets for the first time last year. We drove up from Denver for every game except Air Force. After 5 years they're finally wrapping up that damn I-25 expansion project between Berthoud and Fort Collins. Now if they could just fix the section between Berthoud and CO-66, that would be swell.

If you end up picking CSU, plan to attend one of the summer orientation sessions. Parents can opt to stay in the dorm (Braiden Hall, 4th floor - has AC) for an additional charge. It's helpful if this is your first kiddo going to college.
CSU is her top choice right now specifically for the Equine program. We looked at some others in the WUE portfolio but as far as the Western United States it looks like either CSU or Texas A&M and she hates Texas. She is a Jr this year so we have some time and her thoughts on a major may change but we shall see.

Thanks for your input, we are in Phoenix so we probably won't be there that often to worry about the highways. I know I-25 has always been a hassle from when I lived up there so the fact they are finally expanding it is good. We will look into the summer orientation if she decides that is where she is going.

Old 01-09-2024, 10:10 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
CSU is her top choice right now specifically for the Equine program. We looked at some others in the WUE portfolio but as far as the Western United States it looks like either CSU or Texas A&M and she hates Texas. She is a Jr this year so we have some time and her thoughts on a major may change but we shall see.

Thanks for your input, we are in Phoenix so we probably won't be there that often to worry about the highways. I know I-25 has always been a hassle from when I lived up there so the fact they are finally expanding it is good. We will look into the summer orientation if she decides that is where she is going.
Good luck! I know the animal sciences at CSU tend to be very good. Is she thinking about vet school as well?

I don't blame her on the Texas front. We lived in Dallas-Fort Worth for several years after I graduated from CSU. No amount of money will ever convince me to move back to the eastern half of Texas. It's not very scenic, the summers are terrible, and the outdoor recreation is pretty mediocre compared to the Front Range.

"Get off my lawn guy" mode activated - 30 years ago I had a part-time job in Denver while I was living in Fort Collins. The commute down I-25 was doable (but painful) back then. It took me roughly an hour to get from Laporte and Taft Hill to Hampden and Havana on the southeast side of Denver. Even with some freeway expansion, the same trip now is 90 mins on a good day and 2.5 hours on a bad one. Hard pass.

I actually changed majors while I was at CSU. I started out as an EE, but I switched to CS three semesters in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area