Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 02:38 PM

622 posts, read 2,708,782 times

Advertisements

OK. This is by request. I'll share some of my work, on the condition that I get to see some others! Anything goes- painting, photography, graphic design, whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2006, 02:40 PM

painting:

photography:

a button i designed for an arts festival:

Old 10-20-2006, 02:42 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Oh that is so beautiful you are very talented, I love art butcannot afford it, if I could, I would buy that. Amazing!!!

Old 10-20-2006, 02:44 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,578 times
Very beautiful work! Unfortunately I can't share mine because I can't even draw stick people!!! You are very talented and should be proud of that talent (as I'm sure you are)!!!!

Old 10-20-2006, 02:53 PM

awwwww thanks guys!

Old 10-20-2006, 03:03 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
mariatherese, do you have your work anywhere on the internet to view? Love it....I don't have any natural talent but I love art. I've taken classes in watercolor, dancing, acting, fashion design, sax, trumpet, guitar, theatrical make up, photography and probably some I forgot but I stink at all of them except maybe dancing. I get to be creative creating web sites but my dream was to be a professional dancer.

Back to you.....do you do any mermaid art?

Old 10-20-2006, 03:14 PM

I do have some photos up on the web, but it is just at an image hosting site (family photos and stuff included) and I don't want to share those. I would rather not reveal my identity to 1,000s of strangers LOL!

I use to love drawing mermaids and fairies. I guess I just did that so much when I was younger that I burnt out on it and moved to other things. But, I've spent the last 5 years in school getting my degree in Graphic Design, and I haven't done any artwork So I can't wait to start painting again!

I love to dance, but I stink at that! I am so NOT graceful. I have big feet and I'm short and stubby! But I love watching figure skating.

Art encompasses so many things- whether you are "good" at it or not... I think as long as you are expressing yourself, you are an artist. "Good" is subjective.

Old 10-20-2006, 03:45 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
mariatherese, do you do portraits?

Old 10-20-2006, 03:47 PM

169 posts, read 678,652 times
Beautiful work! I have some stuff hosted online at drkangl.deviantart.com. It's mostly digital photo manipulations but I have some other stuff posted there as well. Warning: it's all pretty dark stuff. My photography can be seen at gothika-stock.deviantart.com. Lots of pics of architecture and scenery from around the area. And, just so you can see without having to visit external sites, here's a painting I did last year.

and my favorite photo

Last edited by txgrl; 10-20-2006 at 04:10 PM..

Old 10-20-2006, 03:56 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,983,593 times
mariatherese-you are some artist! The woman's inclined head is right up my alley. It is similar in style to work my sister has done in the past. My sister is a 1980's graduate of Parson's Art Institute (she studied at the Los Angeles campus). She worked as a production artist for Warner Bros. for years and then broke off on her own to do custom work for clients and was very successful. When WB offered her a salary she couldn't refuse, she went back last year. She just flew from LA to New York this afternoon for some kind of conference - I'm glad her work is recognized and valued by others. This painting below isn't well lit for the pic I took. I believe my sister painted it with acrylic black and gold paint and she used a canvas without a frame, instead choosing to paint the edges black. It was my Christmas gift from her back in 2001 and she painted it specifically for my house in Las Vegas. Fortunately it works well above my fireplace here too. It's a voluptuous female nude reclining on a tasseled divan with one arm behind her and the other stretched out over the top of the divan, and her legs are folded under her. It surprised me when she gave it to me as she made it specifically for me, but went super modern in style whereas a lot of her work is portraiture similar to your inclined head woman. Anyway...I appreciate great artists! You are clearly gifted too!
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r199/MoMark/RebsPainting.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts