Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM

8,801 posts, read 5,104,195 times

Advertisements

I always pay cash. Stylist walks me to the register, and I hand her the tip, in cash. Seems everywhere you go nowadays you have to pay extra to use a charge card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM

11,094 posts, read 6,688,601 times
I only go to get my hair straightened once a year, by an owner-operator place. That's about $300, so I just put it on the credit card and add about $50 since it takes several hours. Brazilian Blow-out type of thing.

For color, I buy $10 box of dye and DH does it. He'd probably take a tip but I don't offer it.

When we couldn't tell the difference between the $125 salon color and DH in the living room, we chose the latter. He gets his cut at the mall for $10 and gives the stylist a couple bucks tip----all cash. CC companies charge the small guy 10% here.

Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM

30,351 posts, read 23,822,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I always tip my stylist in cash. She gets a 20% tip. Sometimes she walks me to the receptionist where I pay for the cut. If she walks me there, I hand her the tip. For the person who shampoos my hair, I leave her $6 and put it in an envelope where I write her name on it and it gets put into a locked box with a slot for the envelopes.

I put the hair cut on a credit card. Then the receptionist will make my next appointment and give me a card with the info.

All the ladies who pay $20 for a cut---lucky you With my hair, I end up paying more as there aren't many stylists who can give me a decent cut due to my having thick, coarse, wavy, frizzy hair
I just realized that my post may come across as a $20 haircut. The cut itself is, in my eyes, way too much for the very little effort it takes them to do it. Long, straight hair, and I ask them to cut 3" off to get rid of split ends. They do a little bit on the bangs (not! straight across bangs). The $20 is their tip for approximately 20 minutes of work, and that's with the shampoo/conditioner. But, like I said, every once in awhile, I want to feel pampered.

Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,866,378 times
Use my debit card and add the tip at checkout. I tip a bit over 20%. My hairdresser rents her chair I believe.

Old Today, 06:20 AM

5,255 posts, read 6,188,211 times
I just get a simple haircut every few months and use the local Great Clips. They haven’t had any coupons in quite awhile so the cut no shampoo is $19.00. It never takes more than 15 minutes and I generally leave a $3.00 tip, although when prompted at the pay kiosk it lists $5, $10, $15 and other for tip. I choose other and hit $3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty