Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2024, 02:54 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
Try cargo pants.
That's what we wear traveling. Even if I have a purse (cross-body of course), the "cannot-lose" items are zipped into pockets.

But dang. When I saw this title, I thought there was a new boob-support in the works. Get those OFF ME and put them elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2024, 04:20 PM

3,773 posts, read 5,321,473 times
This thread is funny.

I have worn a "hip pouch" for probably 40 years, ah, maybe only 35. It sits on my left side, right at the hip. After years of having a wallet in my back right pocket, I started to get curvature of my spine from that sideways twist that sitting on a wallet gave me. Plus, I got tired of keys and coins weighing down my right pocket and laying on my leg (or banging against it). Thus, I went in for a hip pouch and have never looked back.

What is funny is that the things have gone in and out of fashion for several cycles. When in fashion, I get positive positive comments from youngsters. One restaurant waiter even ran to the back room to tell his colleague that I had a hip pouch and the dish washer came out and wanted to talk to me about them.

A hip pouch can be worn across the body, which makes it easier to access; however, it is very visible and advertises where it is located. With my pouch at my hip, I can cover it with an untucked shirt or jacket.

Old 04-01-2024, 07:11 PM

1,554 posts, read 1,045,572 times
I always hated the look of fanny packs hanging off someone's stomach and hate even more one hanging under someone's boob.

Just get a small crossbody bag and be done with it.

Old 04-01-2024, 07:49 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Fanny pack - a sure thing to recognize American tourist ...lol

Old 04-01-2024, 08:15 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
I saw a guy today wearing the boob bag. It was huge and looked stuffed full! Maybe he was packing.

Old 04-01-2024, 11:55 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Then there's the "tactical" chest pack / pouch. A full harness holds it close. Very convenient. And some come with a flip down shelf, so you can park a device there, and stay hands free.
Here's an example:

Old 04-02-2024, 12:12 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I'm noticing something that looks suspiciously like the old fanny pack that fell out of favor long ago (sometimes worn on the belly, to even greater derision) has now migrated north and to the side and is worn not on the hips, but across the chest, nestled just under one breast. Wherever it's worn now, I'm glad to see it back, as all I ever carry is a phone, wallet and keys, and this size bag fits the bill.
"Out of favor"?? I don't think I have ever NOT had some type of waist pack/bag for runs and walks. I carry my keys, my phone, my glasses, and maybe a snack. Most of the time I don't have pockets so a small pouch/bag is perfect. Runners have been using such things for many many years. This is one of the more popular brands.

https://spibelt.com/

Old 04-02-2024, 12:39 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
A fanny pack is a fanny pack. Wearing it as a "crossbody bag" doesn't change that.

I tried using a fanny pack as a crossbody bag and it's stupid. It feels weird and it looks weird. It wasn't designed for that.

So I actually bought real, small, specifically designed, crossbody bags (I only wear them on vacation), and they feel and look a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
Just get a small crossbody bag and be done with it.
Bingo. The strap is situated differently on a crossbody bag and is far more comfortable.

Ditch the fanny pack, get a real crossbody bag. Period.

Old 04-02-2024, 05:19 AM

9,436 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I'm noticing something that looks suspiciously like the old fanny pack that fell out of favor long ago (sometimes worn on the belly, to even greater derision) has now migrated north and to the side and is worn not on the hips, but across the chest, nestled just under one breast. Wherever it's worn now, I'm glad to see it back, as all I ever carry is a phone, wallet and keys, and this size bag fits the bill.
Yea, this is weird, I agree.
I bought a nice 'fanny pack' to use when riding my bicycle. It was bright colored, so you could see me if you were coming up on me, and it was a good size to hold my stuff.
Then I started using that stupid thing as a purse....like a cross body bag, just as you describe. It's convenient, for sure. Now I use a day pack like Osprey bag as my purse. If I use anything bigger, it'll just get filled with c**p I don't need to carry around.

This is the brand I got. They're made of recycled whatever but the bright colors are nice. You'd think they'd be a bit less expensive but I think I paid $30 for the fanny pack a few years back.
https://www.cotopaxi.com/collections...0aAiaUEALw_wcB

Old 04-02-2024, 08:28 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,101,844 times
When I was 20 - I came to the USA from the UK as an au pair. There were about 100 of us English gals on a 2 day orientation in NYC before going to our host families. They talked to us about the importance of keeping our belongings safe in NYC and if we were wearing a "fanny pack" blah blah. The whole room erupted in roaring laughter!!!!!! None of us planned to pack anything in our fannies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty