Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 04:08 PM

19,452 posts, read 27,897,754 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of trying Latisse. Anyone used it? What were your experiences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2019, 07:50 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,138,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post

Yes... I did. It works and it works well. My doc told me that it would last longer and I would get the same results if I used it every other day instead of every day so that's what I did.

Unfortunately, I have/had blue eyes. Quite blue. It has a warning that it may change your eye color if you have blue eyes and it did. They're still blue but sometimes more of a grayish blah hue. Not nearly as vivid as they used to be. I used it a little over a yr and stopped because I didn't like the color of my eyes anymore. I was hoping it would reverse after some time but it didn't. It's not an issue with any other color eyes.
But the stuff definitely works. Also... it tells you to use on upper lashes, not lower but I did use it on lower lashes also because they were getting a little sparse (which may have contributed to the change in eye color also).
I've been thinking about going back to using it again. Now that my eye color is blah, it may not make a difference now.

Old 02-23-2019, 11:36 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,781,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Yes... I did. It works and it works well. My doc told me that it would last longer and I would get the same results if I used it every other day instead of every day so that's what I did.

Unfortunately, I have/had blue eyes. Quite blue. It has a warning that it may change your eye color if you have blue eyes and it did. They're still blue but sometimes more of a grayish blah hue. Not nearly as vivid as they used to be. I used it a little over a yr and stopped because I didn't like the color of my eyes anymore. I was hoping it would reverse after some time but it didn't. It's not an issue with any other color eyes.
But the stuff definitely works. Also... it tells you to use on upper lashes, not lower but I did use it on lower lashes also because they were getting a little sparse (which may have contributed to the change in eye color also).
I've been thinking about going back to using it again. Now that my eye color is blah, it may not make a difference now.
I was going to try this but decided against it because I have blue eyes and heard that it could change the color. I just started using Castor Oil but can't report on the results yet.

https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/...yelashes/#gref

Old 02-24-2019, 06:08 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,349,022 times
Is Latisse by prescription only? I have hazel eyes that look very green if I'm in the sunlight and I wouldn't want them to darken. You said it only affects blue eyes?

Old 02-24-2019, 06:29 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,138,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Is Latisse by prescription only? I have hazel eyes that look very green if I'm in the sunlight and I wouldn't want them to darken. You said it only affects blue eyes?

Yes, it's by prescription. It reports that it only affects blue eyes, that's all I can say.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:05 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,616,376 times
I used to use it. I have brown eyes and I didn't have any issues with eyelid irritation or any darkening of my iris color. It worked well, but it was a PITA getting the Rx refills and $100 each time (I got the generic, bitamataprost). I have switched to Nu-Lash that I order from Amazon and it works almost as well for a lot less money and no need to see the doc. If you haven't used anything like Latisse before, maybe start with the Rx from a doctor so if you have any irritation problems you can refer back to the doc, but then you could switch to the Nu-Lash later.

Old 02-24-2019, 08:46 AM

17,555 posts, read 39,200,231 times
I have not used Latisse, I used to use another inexpensive product that I forgot the name of, but anything I put in my eyes irritates them badly. I even stopped using castor oil. I noticed that when I stopped the products and cut down on liner and mascara my lashes started growing longer by themselves! But everyone is different. I don't think I would want to chance using something like Latisse. Plus when you quit, your lashes go back to their original state.

Old 02-24-2019, 08:59 AM

14,977 posts, read 12,194,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I was going to try this but decided against it because I have blue eyes and heard that it could change the color. I just started using Castor Oil but can't report on the results yet.

https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/...yelashes/#gref

I don't use Latisse but do use a similar product ( TravatanZ) as eyedrops prescribed for my glaucoma. This product has the same side effects of eyelash growth and darkening of the eye color. I have noticed the growth in length and thickness of the
eyelashes, but I also have blue eyes, and can't say I have noticed any change in my eye color.

I read everything I could find about these products when I was first prescribed Travatan six years ago, and I wondered about the eye color change. Apparently these drugs can darken eye color by increasing the amount of pigment produced by cells called melanocytes that are present in the iris. The eye color is determined by the number of melanin producing cells ( melanocytes), the more melanocytes the darker the eye color. People with blue eyes have the least number of melanocytes, people with dark brown eyes have the greatest number. The Travatan, Latisse and similar products apparently induce melanocytes to produce more melanin pigment, and the most dramatic changes in eye color is usually seen in people with light brown, hazel of green eyes. But these medications don't increase the number of melanocytes, they just work on the cells already present. For this reason, I'd expect the least amount ( if any) of color change in a blue eyed person with few melanocytes, and a person with very dark brown eyes ( whose melanocytes are already working to the max to produce pigment.

One of the interesting points I read was that eye color change was the most noticeable in people who were using the medication only in one eye to treat glaucoma, that color change is gradual, and often subtle, so seeing it next to an untreated eye would be the best way to see it. But this wouldn't be an issue with the use of Latisse for cosmetic purposes since it's applied to both eye(lashes).

While I have not noticed any color in my eyes from the use of Travatan Z for close to six years (they're a light to medium blue), I have noticed darkening of the eyelids, and sometimes my eyes look a bit bloodshot. Hopefully that wouldn't be an issue with the use of Latisse.

I hope this makes sense.

Old 02-24-2019, 10:03 PM

24,135 posts, read 32,552,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post

My daughter did when she was in HS. She was adopted from Korea and had very sparse eyelashes. It worked for her.

I was tempted to try it, but the dermatologist warned me that it might make my green eyes change color - either dark grey or brown. I like my eyes the way they are. I have lash extensions instead.

For my daughter, it didn't matter. Her eyes are black.

Old 02-24-2019, 10:06 PM

24,135 posts, read 32,552,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post

My doctor said it effects hazel and green eyes also. I would not use it unless you want to change your eye color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty