Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 12:55 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
The buck stops with the president. Putting that in the hands of the president's 'team' instead is just diversionary nonsense. What's next?... holding the president's dog accountable? That's just how dumb this all gets...
when the president is a vegetable, the buck stops with his puppeteers. he lied like a rug that he would 'take responsibility' and not 'blame others,' yet he constantly blames others and fails to take responsibility.

https://i.ibb.co/9txDNnZ/blame.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2024, 01:34 PM

8,050 posts, read 7,419,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
...Top people flocked to Biden. ...
Let's see, Hitler hired Mengele, Himmler, and Goering. Top people in their fields. I guess "top people" can be subjective.

Trump couldn't hire some people because "top people" were threatened and intimidated by their own government in 2016-2017. Ever hear of Mike Flynn? He naively consented to an FBI interview without an attorney present, and had his life ruined because of it. That was intended as a warning to others.

Old 04-05-2024, 03:41 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Let's see, Hitler hired Mengele, Himmler, and Goering. Top people in their fields. I guess "top people" can be subjective.

Trump couldn't hire some people because "top people" were threatened and intimidated by their own government in 2016-2017. Ever hear of Mike Flynn? He naively consented to an FBI interview without an attorney present, and had his life ruined because of it. That was intended as a warning to others.
If those individuals were available, I have no doubt that trump would surround himself with them. Talent is subjective. It all depends upon what you want to get done.

Old 04-05-2024, 04:13 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Record employment, lowest unemployment rates in many decades, higher wages, highest ever stock market. None of that is horrific.
Getting $1600 to help carry me through the Covid epidemic was pretty nice too.

Leaving Afghanistan was a mess, but I sure was glad Biden actually made it happen after his 2 formers only talked about it, but never did a thing to pull our boys all the way out.

Old 04-06-2024, 07:45 AM

1,283 posts, read 642,380 times
His age is not the problem..anyone with a bit of honesty acknowledges that biden is suffering with dementia. He has trouble reading a teleprompter and is unable to answer questions..when was the last time he held a press conference? I guess he has enough supporters in the same condition given his polling..

Old 04-07-2024, 10:05 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times
Quote:
This was a Times piece by Frank Bruni which mentioned a bit of what I said for a long time: That you have to keep in mind who a president hires. Top people flocked to Biden. With Trump, although sometimes he started with respected people, they often left or were fired. Even if Trump is "peppier" (fun choice of word).

Overlooked truth about Biden’s age: ‘Team matters much more’
Even so, aspects of the subject get too little consideration, starting with this crushingly obvious and yet frequently overlooked fact: The presidency isn’t a solo mission. Not even close. It’s a team effort and the administration that a president puts together matters much, much more than his brawn or his brio.
https://www.durangoherald.com/articl...ers-much-more/
Point taken. But its been this way from the very beginning. Even back in the 1790s, George Washington felt the job was too big for one man, so he started the first cabinet back to help him out.

But Biden is unusually aged, weak and well past his prime. The result is that his "advisors" are handling far more than they should be and that combined with too many of them being Far Left and unbalanced has damaged his presidency.

What bugs me is that I believe Biden knew he was not really up to the presidency back in 2020 but his desire to cap off his political career with the White House lead him to put his desires over the needs of the American people or even the Democratic Party. The party could have Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren today if Biden had stepped aside in 2020.

Old 04-07-2024, 06:23 PM

7,633 posts, read 8,699,793 times
The op posted in another thread a link to "23 Biden achievements you may have missed", now she's linking a "something about Biden's age you have overlooked"

Quote:
Overlooked truth about Biden’s age: ‘Team matters much more’
What you have missed is the fact that without a team preparing cue cards for him, Biden can do nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections