Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2020, 11:58 PM

1 posts, read 913 times

Advertisements

Hello, I’m currently a student at Lake Superior College in Duluth, MN. I’ve been pondering on a few jobs in the area that would give me a memory that would last a lifetime and working at a corporate company just wouldn’t satisfy my needs. I grew up a farm kid in southern MN my whole life so I’m used to using my hands and getting dirty for a good honest pay. I’ve been thinking the last few weeks, and it’s come across my mind that I think it would be incredibly interesting to be a low-level deckhand for ships headed out of Duluth across all the Great Lakes. I have an apartment in Duluth right now for the school year and I’m just wondering if there’s options out there to be a deckhand for ships headed across the Great Lakes for a good, interesting summer job that I will remember my entire life. Like I said before, I grew up a farm kid working long, hard hours so I know a job like this isn’t a simple desk job and I’m up for the task. I’ve only been in Duluth for 2 months for school now so I haven’t looked around too much, but I just thought I’d throw this thread out there to see what I get back. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2020, 04:53 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
I would imagine that they need people that know how to tie knots and hire a lot of boy scouts. They probably need cooks too.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:13 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,707,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I would imagine that they need people that know how to tie knots and hire a lot of boy scouts. They probably need cooks too.
Yes, they need someone to come out on deck and say 'Fellas, it's been good to know ya!' when Davy Jones* comes a-knockin'!

*No, not the Monkee. I know you, Ghengis...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth