Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2023, 01:58 AM

11 posts, read 10,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Let me know if that makes a difference!

I might try eating everything with chopsticks. That should help keep my ice cream consumption down.
might be a good shot, sliver ware for chopstick.. could still pick up a donut with one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2023, 02:00 AM

I do have a dog and will go for a walk, but this is where i am even find exercise hard to do, after a short walk i am breathless and my thigh really rub. I had never had this problem or even need to diet till now

Old 10-09-2023, 05:39 AM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkuk View Post
3 years later i am still 5.3 hehe, but here the shocking bit now i am 16.5 st look like about 230lbs ( and that was 2 month ago when i weight last)
BMI of almost 41 is a morbid obesity.

Why your weight gain didn't bother you much earlier?
You will need to lose 100lb to have normal weight again. That's not an easy task.
You should contact your doctor and maybe get in touch with a dietician.
A special plan with special diet and exercises needs to be developed, and you would need to be very strict about that.
Are you going to stick to such rigorous regimen?
Diets don't work long term. You need to change your lifestyle.

Perhaps a bariatric surgery would be a better option. But then, again, there are very strict rules to follow - it's a LIFE-LONG commitment.

Remember, if the strategies you're putting into place to lose weight are not strategies that you'll be able to follow for the rest of your life, chances are you'll regain any weight you lose.

Old 10-09-2023, 05:54 AM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Let me know if that makes a difference!

I might try eating everything with chopsticks. That should help keep my ice cream consumption down.
Better not. You will be eating more noodles and rice, which isn't good either.
And ice cream with chopsticks? No problem if frozen hard.
All the cookies and candies are easy to eat with chopsticks too.... Lol

Perhaps a liquid diet and slotted spoon would be a better option. A fork will work too

Old 10-09-2023, 08:47 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
might be a good shot, sliver ware for chopstick.. could still pick up a donut with one.
I don't care about donuts. Not a favorite thing for me.

I think they would work with the ice cream, though. Which I don't even buy, not even those single-serving pint sizes that they jokingly say are four servings.

Old 10-09-2023, 08:56 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Better not. You will be eating more noodles and rice, which isn't good either.
And ice cream with chopsticks? No problem if frozen hard.
All the cookies and candies are easy to eat with chopsticks too.... Lol

Perhaps a liquid diet and slotted spoon would be a better option. A fork will work too
Hahaha, you know what? I rarely eat noodles or rice. They were never a big thing for me. Growing up, noodles or rice were a maybe-once-a-month alternative to our normal potatoes. I just got new kitchen cabinets so I was cleaning out, and I have a bag of rice in there and I can't remember exactly why I bought it. It appears I opened the bag and used a cup of it for something. I vaguely recall having made a rice and bean dish a months ago. I don't have any pasta in the house at all. I did get some recently at a restaurant that makes its own daily because I wanted to try guanciale, and that was in the pasta. I'm good now for months.

Candy is my downfall along with ice cream. Don't need no stinkin' chopsticks for that. Just stuff it in my mouth with my fingers. But I do try very hard not to buy any. Fell from grace two weeks ago on the six-hour drive across Pennsylvania. Bought a little bag of Jolly Ranchers for my car ride. Bad, MQ, bad.

Old 10-11-2023, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
BMI of almost 41 is a morbid obesity.

Why your weight gain didn't bother you much earlier?
You will need to lose 100lb to have normal weight again. That's not an easy task.
You should contact your doctor and maybe get in touch with a dietician.
A special plan with special diet and exercises needs to be developed, and you would need to be very strict about that.
Are you going to stick to such rigorous regimen?
Diets don't work long term. You need to change your lifestyle.

Perhaps a bariatric surgery would be a better option. But then, again, there are very strict rules to follow - it's a LIFE-LONG commitment.

Remember, if the strategies you're putting into place to lose weight are not strategies that you'll be able to follow for the rest of your life, chances are you'll regain any weight you lose.

Never really thought of my BMI, that shocking really to know and how much i would need to lose to make it NORMAL.

Old 10-17-2023, 09:18 AM

7,115 posts, read 12,654,276 times
I cut out all snack/junk foods. Liquids are now water and green tea. Increased my veggies (cooked) and fresh (salads) and ramped up my exercise by going to the gym, walking and bike riding

No fried foods...

Shed my Covid 20 without suffering or feeling deprived.

Old 11-24-2023, 06:12 AM

579 posts, read 319,335 times
Quote:
Never really thought of my BMI, that shocking really to know and how much i would need to lose to make it NORMAL.
My guess is you said you were snacking so just eliminating processed food(or ultra processed) can make a big difference. However another YouTuber from the UK tried eliminating processed food and it’s not that easy though worthwhile to do.

This UK Dr. Chris van Tulleken did a YouTube video a couple years ago on what a processed diet did to him over 30 days and he’s done follow up videos on the same subject.

If I recall right he was not hungry but felt compelled to keep eating though he wasn’t enjoying it - the chemicals or additives and or processed fat salt carbs influenced his brain chemistry in such a way he ingested a lot more calories than if he just ate real food that was high in fat salt carbs. While calories matter the quality of the food matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4PFt4czJw0

This happened to me I middle school. We joined a warehouse membership and started buying the junky snacks the other kids had and I blew up without even knowing how much I was gaining as we rarely weighed ourselves but people at school made cracks about my weight and I was needing glasses by then and quite out of touch being bookish, introverted. I had to have blown up 20-40 lbs from being a thin preteen. I had pics of me on the beach looking lanky and thin and none during this fat period.

Probably was in denial but I think I was binging and not sure why couldn’t stop, much like Dr. in the video. At some point I quit junk food cold turkey because my family was mocking me and I suddenly felt out of control. Strangely I think I entered high school at 95 lbs not sure how it happened, as I’m not really cable of starving myself.

However I was a calorie counter. I had in my cookbooks - I was a baker since like 13 and had counted the calories in a cookie so I assume I counted fat grams as that was a thing back then, lower your fat. I did that for many years. But it doesn’t work the same now because a higher carb diet doesn’t work for me now.

And I quit sugar long ago so any baking I’d do is modified or limited if done much. Like I used to use stevia and yogurt to moisten a scone and alternative flours as well but might make a pie more than anything too carby. But only really bake for a crowd than just me because I avoid having high calorie things lying around. One can make single serve desserts, though I haven’t craved it in a long time for some reason.

Last edited by Ghobi; 11-24-2023 at 06:23 AM..

Old 11-30-2023, 08:46 AM

3,105 posts, read 1,000,279 times
I don't know if you gentlemen/ladies know about intuitive eating. I read a book about it some years ago, in 2012 I think. I started to implement the principles of it then and I lost some 20 pounds in 3.5 months. It's interesting that I never felt hungry during that time.

I still have the book on Kindle and I'm going to read it again. I'm not losing weight even if I'm on ketosis all the time and I'm restricting calories. I'm going to apply the intuitive eating principles again. Hopefully I'll get rid of the extra weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss