Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 04:54 PM

211 posts, read 142,284 times

Advertisements

What are some good weight loss pills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2022, 07:37 PM

310 posts, read 327,120 times
None

Old 11-07-2022, 07:04 AM

846 posts, read 694,756 times
Don't use weight loss pills. They are completely unnecessary. All you need to do is track your calories, and do a little bit more physical activity.

Weight loss pills tend to attract people that lack dedication and are looking for a quick fix without actually changing their habits. The type that hop from fad diet to fad diet.

Old 11-07-2022, 10:16 AM

37,567 posts, read 61,646,041 times
This Spring my A1C climbed too high, my PCP was worried and scheduled me to have my blood tested again a month later, before putting me on diabetes meds.

We have a bunch of friends who are dealing with the long-term effects of diabetes. That is a disease that I wish to avoid at all costs.

So I started counting carbs and fiber. I have stopped eating wheat, rice and potatos. My diet now is meat, cheese, veggies and fruit.

I had an annual wellness physical last week. My PCP was very happy to see that my A1C is staying low and I have lost 25 pounds.

Old 11-07-2022, 12:08 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,527,724 times
The free ones, like a glass of water instead of a cheeseburger.

Old 11-07-2022, 12:25 PM

6,400 posts, read 4,875,927 times
Ozempic, Nucala, and the new one: Mounjaro. These drugs were developed for diabetics but it turns out they also cause weight loss. Very expensive without insurance copays.

People lose up to 25% of their body weight.

Google:
Can insulin stop you from losing weight?
· insulin resistance prevents weight loss no matter how much physical activity you do or what you eat.

For many people, it's not as simple as exercising more and eating less.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ws/7490446001/

Old 11-10-2022, 06:21 AM

4,249 posts, read 3,795,478 times
An old friend and I have been getting together once a year since getting out of the military (about 10 years). Every year I noticed he was bigger and bigger until last year, he was a completely different person. He had gone to the doctor about a year prior and inquired about bypass surgery but he was instead prescribed a weight loss suppressant pill to see if that would work. He had lost upwards of 100 pounds in that year by just taking the pill, no exercise at all. He continues to take the pill and is staying constant with his weight which is on par to what he had weighed while in the military. Ive tried lots of weight loss pills over the years and have never really had success with the exception of the original hydroxycut that had ephedra in it. Because of my friends success I am going to get the name of it and see if I can get prescribed the same. I love going to the gym, just dont have time these days.

Old 11-10-2022, 10:09 AM

6,400 posts, read 4,875,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
An old friend and I have been getting together once a year since getting out of the military (about 10 years). Every year I noticed he was bigger and bigger until last year, he was a completely different person. He had gone to the doctor about a year prior and inquired about bypass surgery but he was instead prescribed a weight loss suppressant pill to see if that would work. He had lost upwards of 100 pounds in that year by just taking the pill, no exercise at all. He continues to take the pill and is staying constant with his weight which is on par to what he had weighed while in the military. Ive tried lots of weight loss pills over the years and have never really had success with the exception of the original hydroxycut that had ephedra in it. Because of my friends success I am going to get the name of it and see if I can get prescribed the same. I love going to the gym, just dont have time these days.
No doubt many people here would like to know what worked for him, as well.

Old 11-11-2022, 08:21 AM

14,576 posts, read 23,136,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0key View Post
What are some good weight loss pills.
Ephedrine - suppresses appetite and has a mild (~8%) thermogenic effect.

Clenbuterol - ephedrine's big brother, though it doesn't have the appetite suppressing effect.

T3- Thyroid hormone. Can significantly increase metabolism and works even better when combined with ephedrine or clenbuterol.

DNP - A very effective thermogenic that is also lethal if taken in too large of a dose.

Bromocriptine/Bupropion - Essentially tricks the body into thinking it isn't in a calorie deficit to offset hormonal issues.

As mentioned, there are some new pharmaceuticals coming out--mainly directed at diabetes patients--that have proven promising at inducing fat loss.

As always, make sure you are doing your research and being safe; many of these drugs can be dangerous if not used properly.

Old 11-14-2022, 08:24 AM

2,170 posts, read 1,969,841 times
losing weight isn't hard... I promise.

What's hard is breaking the habit that got you to where you are and sticking with it.

Very small changes over time will lead to big results. Always leave a little food on your plate. Skip that afternoon bag of chips you always have and instead eat something healthy. Do you work on the 2nd or 3rd floor? Stop taking the elevator.

If you figure out a way to eliminate/burn just 100 calories a day from your normal routine, this time next year you will have lost 15 lbs... 100 cals a day is NOTHING. Seriously, leave one bite of food on your plate and park in the back of parking lots. There's your 100 cals.

Want to see faster results? Then figure out how to eliminate 150cals from your diet and actually do some cardio (rowing machines are incredible for this). Burn/eliminate 250cals a day and you'll on average lose 1lb of body fat every 10 days.

Remember, early on as you burn fat you gain muscle and muscle is more dense and weighs more than fat. Don't trust the scale. Take photos of yourself and take more 90 days from now and see the actual difference. It could be a night and day difference and the scale could say the same number early on.

2,500cals = 1 lb of body fat. Eliminate or burn off 2,500 cals and lose 1 lb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss