Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 07:25 AM

576 posts, read 568,223 times

Advertisements

Trying to get an idea when people do their weekly of Ozempic? Weekday? Weekend? And, what time - better in the morning, or the evening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2023, 05:17 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Pick any day. Sat or Sun seems like a good idea if you have memory issues

Any time during that day

I tell friends to set a weekly reminder in their phone calendar

Old 06-10-2023, 09:28 AM

728 posts, read 463,804 times
I take it every Thursday morning. I don’t know why I picked Thursday, I just did.

Old 06-10-2023, 09:35 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,978,388 times
Wed after breakfast.
I tried Fridays at night time. It didn't work well for me. I'd be sick all weekend with my family. Bummer!

I found out as long as I eat a protein packed meal before an injection and kept myself busy with work I was less nauseated, less tired, less prone to crawl under the covers on the weekend.

Old 06-10-2023, 09:55 AM

8,409 posts, read 7,402,622 times
Tuesday morning, 8:00 AM, just before I sit down at my desk in my home office to begin work. That's because, after a three week delay, the pharmacy finally filled my original prescription on a Monday evening. And I have an alarm set on my smart phone to remind me.

Since each injection meant to last an entire week, the timing might not be quite so critical - but keeping to the schedule of injections might be pertinent to the effectiveness. Some online research shows that the concentration of semaglutide in the bloodstream varies over the week, peaking soon after the injection and then fading away over the week, but never disappearing (as long as the injections are kept up).

Per Gilah G's suggestion, I might try to eat a large protein packed breakfast early on Tuesday morning.

Old 06-12-2023, 06:59 AM

576 posts, read 568,223 times
My mornings tend to be rushed, and I know getting a good protein breakfast would be hard. That had me thinking maybe take it in the evening, when I know i can get a decent meal in.

Old 06-15-2023, 01:41 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,200,286 times
I take it on Sundays...whenever I remember.

Old 06-18-2023, 08:45 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
I'm not using Ozempic, I use a different injection, but the directions say to use it on an empty stomach. So, first thing in the morning, and I've chosen Friday as the day.

Because of this "on an empty stomach" thing, I suggest that anyone suing injections take a few minutes to carefully read the insert to make sure there are no sort of suggestions that will dictate the time the injection is taken.

Old 06-19-2023, 05:51 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I'm not using Ozempic, I use a different injection, but the directions say to use it on an empty stomach. So, first thing in the morning, and I've chosen Friday as the day.

Because of this "on an empty stomach" thing, I suggest that anyone suing injections take a few minutes to carefully read the insert to make sure there are no sort of suggestions that will dictate the time the injection is taken.
The reason they have you take it on an empty stomach is to help avoid nausea or other stomach ailments, not because of medication efficacy. If you aren’t one of the ones who gets that kind of reaction after taking the injection your eating status doesn’t matter. Additionally, injecting the pen in your thigh instead of stomach area can also help avoid upset stomach type problem.

Old 07-04-2023, 06:12 PM

18,044 posts, read 15,639,191 times
I use a different GLP1 med, but I find that 60 to 72 hrs after injection is usually when the strength is greatest, or at least when I am more likely to feel the side effects. I take my injections on Friday mornings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes