Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 01:24 PM

178 posts, read 101,655 times

Advertisements

https://nypost.com/2024/05/13/us-new...its-delivered/

First time I’ve heard of this. A porch pirate is brazen enough to run up to the front door while the homeowner is standing in his doorway and grab the package and run. By the time the homeowner reacts and gives chase, the thief has made good his escape.

I found this really shocking. He almost stole it right out of the homeowner's hands!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2024, 01:31 AM

23,910 posts, read 33,712,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTzen View Post
https://nypost.com/2024/05/13/us-new...its-delivered/

First time I’ve heard of this. A porch pirate is brazen enough to run up to the front door while the homeowner is standing in his doorway and grab the package and run. By the time the homeowner reacts and gives chase, the thief has made good his escape.

I found this really shocking. He almost stole it right out of the homeowner's hands!

I find it almost shocking too since they took the package containing 6 Iphones. Have to wonder how they knew there was a high dollar amount package being delivered. Could the thieves just gotten lucky?

I wonder if they had inside info such as a kid telling a friend, or even Henry being the one that may have told someone they were waiting on new Iphones for the family...

Porch pirate just snatches package from homeowner’s hands mere seconds after it’s delivered: video

Quote:
A brazen porch pirate was caught on surveillance video snatching a package worth thousands of dollars right out of the hands of a homeowner in a matter of seconds.

The bold theft happened around 3 p.m. Tuesday in Montgomery County, Pa., when the victim, identified only as Henry, was retrieving the package containing six iPhones for his family, according to ABC 6.

The thief can be seen running up to Henry’s door, bolting past an Amazon driver dropping off another delivery, as the homeowner bends over to pick up the high-value package.

In a flash, the porch pirate — wearing a black Guess shirt and a black Philadelphia Phillies baseball hat — yanks the package away from Henry and runs off toward a light tan sedan with tinted windows that was waiting for him at the edge of the property, the video shows.

He believes the thief targeted the package containing thousands of dollars worth of phones. Henry said he saw the same sedan drive past his house moments before the shocking theft.

Old 05-18-2024, 05:34 AM

8,086 posts, read 10,684,082 times
"Now every time you open the door for delivery you have to watch out" the homeowner said.

You have to watch out in almost EVERYTHING you do these days. Can't be complacent. He's now learned a hard lesson.

Somehow the thief new the package contained phones.

Old 05-18-2024, 06:17 AM

748 posts, read 774,972 times
I don't see how this is shocking, people get robbed all the time. Like walked up to a victim and demand all their sh1t.

Yeah, I'm thinking the perps have prior knowledge of the package also. They could have gotten that from the fullfilment people.

Old 05-18-2024, 06:57 AM

15,565 posts, read 10,560,884 times
Old, but I never get tired of seeing this one. https://komonews.com/news/local/infa...months-in-jail

Old 05-18-2024, 08:17 AM

17,497 posts, read 22,253,044 times
Why did an old man need 6 new Iphones?

Screams inside job.

Old 05-18-2024, 09:13 AM

32,723 posts, read 48,321,659 times
Nothin happens to porch pirates. They can steal all day long, have their phots taken by ring cameras, be reported while they are doing it, and the police do nothing, It's a logical step to take to grab the package out of the homeowner's hands when they get there too late to sneak the package away.

Nothing has ever happened to them for their thefts. Probably nothing will happen to them for that grab and go. Afterall the court system does nothing to pick pockets and muggers. Porch piracy is a very safe crime from the criminals' point of view.

Old 05-18-2024, 09:26 AM

17,525 posts, read 16,685,166 times
A box of expensive iPhones would have required a signature, wouldn't it? So the recipient signed for that package and then the delivery person went back to the truck to get another package for them...

Something doesn't seem right with this whole thing. Also, wouldn't the phones be traceable if someone tried to use them?

Old 05-18-2024, 09:28 AM

17,525 posts, read 16,685,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post

Screams inside job.
Himself, his wife, his mom, his dad, her mom, her dad.

Old 05-18-2024, 05:31 PM

37,740 posts, read 46,199,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post

Stupidest post I have read today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events