Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 01:53 PM

5,340 posts, read 8,567,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Three men in Quebec from the same family have fathered more than 600 children, according to a documentary by Noovo Info.

The trio served as sperm donors for women across the province trying to get pregnant. The women apparently responded to Facebook ads in part of an online "parallel universe" of free sperm donation not regulated by Health Canada....

Two of the sperm donors also carry a rare hereditary genetic disorder affecting the liver that could be passed down to the children.
More Here

If you happen to speak French, the documentary series is hosted on a platform called Crave - https://www.crave.ca/en/tv-shows/pere-100-enfants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2024, 02:04 PM

Unfortunately I don't speak French, otherwise I would be watching this documentary.

This is a very odd case, in that you have three men from the same family - it appears to be a father and two sons - who all seem to have had a strong desire (compulsion?) to donate sperm for free (and one of them donated at a sperm bank as well).

And now it is uncovered that two of them have a rare recessive metabolic disorder - tyrosinemia.

To imagine that you have 200 siblings, and then 400 cousins that you don't know about, all within a single province in Canada.

So many questions....I never knew there was an underground "sperm donation network" where men give their sperm for free.

Here is another article saying that because of the documentary, Quebec is now looking to put restrictions on how much sperm can be donated by a single person. It seems that people could still do it illegally like these guys did though. But maybe now that this story is out women, or couples, who chose the informal route will be more cautious.

Personally I cannot imagine deciding to have a child from the sperm of some random guy on Facebook who is offering it for free.

Old 05-12-2024, 04:58 PM

6,469 posts, read 9,848,579 times
That many relatives in the same area is scary. You don't dont know who you are related to or not, will make dating a minefield lol

Old 05-12-2024, 06:23 PM

5,849 posts, read 6,211,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
That many relatives in the same area is scary. You don't dont know who you are related to or not, will make dating a minefield lol
We went on vacation to Iceland last summer, and one of the tour guides we had said there was a "big book of Iceland" you could consult (now online) to see if you are related to a potential dating partner/mate. It's such a small and homogenous country that it is/was not unheard of for those things to happen.

Old 05-12-2024, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
We went on vacation to Iceland last summer, and one of the tour guides we had said there was a "big book of Iceland" you could consult (now online) to see if you are related to a potential dating partner/mate. It's such a small and homogenous country that it is/was not unheard of for those things to happen.
Interesting but I do think that having 200 half-siblings, 200 first cousins and 200 aunts/uncles from one set of father and sons is probably a much higher level of very close relatives than in most places.

I wonder how the choice to start giving away free sperm started - was it the dad first and then he told his two sons how great it was?

Old 05-12-2024, 10:21 PM

2,167 posts, read 1,229,527 times
Ya der Hey

Old Yesterday, 05:37 AM

10,212 posts, read 15,084,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
To imagine that you have 200 siblings, and then 400 cousins that you don't know about, all within a single province in Canada.
While both looking like deers staring at headlights…
Husband: Are you seeing that, honey?
Wife: Yes, it’s unbelivable.

Husband: I know. That entire group of pedestrians look very similar to me, just that some are men…
Wife: …and some are women.

Husband: They are of different ages but younger than me.
Wife: Yeah…

Husband: Even those mixed ones, they simply look like brown versions of me.
Wife: Incredible…

Husband: What is the likelihood of that?
Wife: I don’t know.

Husband: This is very weird.
Wife: Very…
In the mean time, the super sperm donating trio has just unloaded 3 million more sperms for women everywhere having trouble getting pregnant. Oh, the joy of giving!

Old Yesterday, 07:03 AM

36,692 posts, read 31,000,643 times
Did anyone see the documentary.
So how did the women receive the sperm and how did they "administer" the sperm?
And how did these investigators go about determining the paternity of all these babies? Did they order some sperm, put out adds to find the women who purchased sperm, test all those babies against the DNA?

I cant believe there are that many women stupid enough to buy sperm from FB.

Old Yesterday, 08:46 AM

17,417 posts, read 15,564,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Did anyone see the documentary.
So how did the women receive the sperm and how did they "administer" the sperm?
And how did these investigators go about determining the paternity of all these babies? Did they order some sperm, put out adds to find the women who purchased sperm, test all those babies against the DNA?

I cant believe there are that many women stupid enough to buy sperm from FB.
I almost threw up.

Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM

36,692 posts, read 31,000,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
I almost threw up.
Apparently it is not the first time something like this has happened.

I assumed "they" regulated this kind of thing better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events