Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 04:41 PM

8,577 posts, read 10,997,949 times

Advertisements

Once again I make a statement, and ask a question.
What makes me think they are rigged is I have never seen a consecutive win in any of the lotteries.
Once a jackpot is won the next lottery draw never has a jackpot winner.
Jackpot wins never happen until the pot is at an astronomical amount.
Has any power ball , mega millions, or local state lottery ever had a consecutive jackpot win that you know of, meaning a win the following draw after a jackpot was won in the previous draw?

I am sure the answer to that is no, because the lottery makes more money selling many more tickets when the jackpot is high.
The only way to describe that would be "tampering with the numbers" at the time, or just before the draw.
Obviously the lottery commissions are not going to tell anyone the draws are rigged.
They are going to deny any wrong doing so as to throw off any suspicious they are dis honest.

Watch this power ball drawing.
Pay attention to the shaft in the middle that "chooses" the number.
It is far from being consistent in the way it chooses a ball before rising.
Most time it rises with in 2 seconds between balls, but in this drawing there is at least a five second time before it chooses the next ball.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0DNSvUXRbw

Last edited by CALGUY; 04-11-2024 at 04:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2024, 05:17 PM

164 posts, read 113,639 times
I just wish it would be like when they first started. I remember when it was one million, then five million, then, twent-five and so on. People should have a better chance of winning smaller amounts to help buy a house or just pay bills. I know that winning one million would make me happy, and help a lot of people.

Old 04-11-2024, 09:44 PM

17,616 posts, read 15,305,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Once again I make a statement, and ask a question.
What makes me think they are rigged is I have never seen a consecutive win in any of the lotteries.
Once a jackpot is won the next lottery draw never has a jackpot winner.
Jackpot wins never happen until the pot is at an astronomical amount.
Has any power ball , mega millions, or local state lottery ever had a consecutive jackpot win that you know of, meaning a win the following draw after a jackpot was won in the previous draw?

I am sure the answer to that is no, because the lottery makes more money selling many more tickets when the jackpot is high.
The only way to describe that would be "tampering with the numbers" at the time, or just before the draw.
Obviously the lottery commissions are not going to tell anyone the draws are rigged.
They are going to deny any wrong doing so as to throw off any suspicious they are dis honest.

Watch this power ball drawing.
Pay attention to the shaft in the middle that "chooses" the number.
It is far from being consistent in the way it chooses a ball before rising.
Most time it rises with in 2 seconds between balls, but in this drawing there is at least a five second time before it chooses the next ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0DNSvUXRbw

Where you're wrong is.. Alot of places, mostly with math. It's not tampering with the numbers at the draw. It's tampering with the odds. Which.. They did about 5 years ago and were very transparent about. I believe both powerball and mega millions increased the numbers by about 10 for both the main draw and the powerball. Took the odds from something like 1 in 250M to 1 in 350M.. Look, i'm doing the heavy lifting here below.. Someone else look up the details on that part.. lol. Should be on Wikipedia. And find when it changed, too.

But.. Regardless.

Challenge accepted. Where I will give credit. This crap wasn't simple to find. Took me about 10 minutes of searching.. About anything you search returns the latest winning numbers.

On January 20, 2021, powerball was won by "The Power Pack" (Likely a group of players who formed a corporation ot claim winnings) for a jackpot of 731M

On January 23, 2021, which would have been the next drawing.. it was won by an anonymous player in NJ for a jackpot of $23M, which, would be the minimum reset value plus whatever tickets were sold.

on January 30, 2021.. Which would have been 2 drawings later, I believe. It was won by another anonymous Jersey person for $33M

So.. There's three wins within the span of 10 days. Even AFTER the rules were changed to make it more difficult to win.

Going further back..

On June 3, 2020, someone in WV won a 136M jackpot.. Followed on June 10th, 2 drawings later, by Thomas Cook and Joseph Feeney (Shirley's son?) from Wisconsin winning $22M

It was hit on March 21 and March 25, 2015.

July 9th and July 19th, 2014.

May 18th, May 25 and May 29, 2013

March 23 and March 30, 2013

November 28, December 5, December 12, December 19 AND December 26, 2012.

here. Look up the rest yourself. https://www.powerball.net/winners

What those numbers show.. Before they increased the odds of winning.. It actually happened MUCH more frequently.. Which.. Math tells us would be the case.

Quote:
I am sure the answer to that is no
Oh.. And they show your certainty of answers is completely unreliable.

Old 04-12-2024, 10:30 AM

50,902 posts, read 36,586,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I’m reminded everyday that yes, low odds are unlikely, but they are real. Case in point, the odds anyone of us would be conceived and born were pretty close to 0.00. All it needed was for some other sperm to fertilize the egg to not make you, you. Yet, here we are.

Moral of the story, when the lotto hits $1 billion, you buy one ticket with five lines. Most likely you will not win along with just about everyone that bought a ticket, but what if you happen to be the jackpot winner? That must feel like being born again. lol

I'd be fine with Pick Six in NJ. Last month the jackpot reached $30 million, right now it's about $2.5 million. But the odds are 1 in 9 million vs 1 in 300+ million for Power Ball and Mega.

Old 04-13-2024, 10:31 AM

687 posts, read 209,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
The game has been rigged overtime. The game changed the odds to a level that is ridiculous. I recall as a kid the State of Maryland was one of the first states to roll out a state lottery. If my memory serves me it was a six digit lottery, 1-40, no Powerball bullchit. The odds were either 1.5 million to one or 7 million to one odds. The odds now are so out of whack, the greed so high that I don't bother at all. What are the odds now? More than the population of the United States, 350 million to one odds? Another words its the odds that has rigged the game.
This is why it is called the idiot tax.

Old 04-13-2024, 12:53 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,959,711 times
Look at the picture of the brave Mega and Powerball winners who came out after winning enormous amounts of money. They all have one facial feature in common. Chinese people know the answer.

Old 04-13-2024, 06:15 PM

8,577 posts, read 10,997,949 times
I would ask "Labonte", after watching the video of the draw, how do you explain the time lapse between the second and third ball taking so long to choose the ball?
It that wasn't a calculated, programmed move, I will marry the pope next week.
That was a 9 second break between the second and third balls.
The others, about 2 seconds each
Lower the volume so her voice is not distracting you as you watch the video.
Just concentrate on the balls being picked up.

Old 04-14-2024, 04:42 AM

8,636 posts, read 9,149,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
There've been several interviews.. Usually.. It's not good. Remember the guy from WV who won a huge jackpot about 20 years ago.. His daughter died from drugs shortly afterwards.. not long after that, his granddaughter was dead on his front lawn.. He had some crazy amount of money stolen from his car at a strip club.. Jack Whitaker.. That's it. He's dead now, too, I believe.

Some guy in England won a very large jackpot and was broke within 5 years.But, if you looked at the guy, you had no doubt that would happen.

Money doesn't solve all your problems. But it sure helps get rid of a number of them. You'd have to keep your feet firmly planted on the ground. You have to know how to budget. Too many times, the people who win.. can't do that.

I know the woman a few years back who won just over a billion in one of the two (Powerball or Mega Millions) here in SC.. First.. We all got about a $50 tax rebate thanks to her.. For that much, I'd have preferred that they just put it in a 'rainy day' fund, to be honest
but, anyway.. She was one of them who got ripped off by the 'lottery lawyer'.. One of those lawyers that specializes in lottery winners.. And was ripping them off.

Not lottery.. But remember the story of Michael Larson, who won $110k on "Press Your Luck" back in 1984. You can read about him here. Wild story. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Larson

Like myself.. I put him in the class of people who only need a million dollars to have the title of "World's Dumbest Millionaire"
I remember reading the story of that guy from WV...It seems longer than 20 years ago. If I recall correctly, he left a bag of money in his car while in the strip joint and was stolen. He had a habit of bragging. I think the amount in the bag was around $500,000.00!

I do know a guy who hit the Maryland lottery before the odds went crazy, before the Powerball was added. He was a steamfitter from Baltimore. Some years ago he got laid off his job, went and bought a lotto ticket and hit for 7 million. Decent guy who went through a few marriages, a few Cadillacs but maintained his waterfront condo next to his favorite bar in OC Maryland. The only issue I saw from him and his winnings was plenty of drink, which didn't help his relationships. He's still hanging in there.

Old 04-14-2024, 04:48 AM

45,464 posts, read 60,680,465 times
They may be "rigged" or may not be. I have the feeling that deep in the bowels of whatever computer picks the numbers there's an algorithm that isn't randomized (especially with games like Keno and the electronic slot machines) but remember that any gambling is designed to have just enough people win to keep everyone else interested and playing.

What's the solution? Don't buy Lottery tickets of any type or play the slots.

Old 04-14-2024, 05:38 AM

4,877 posts, read 3,299,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I'd be fine with Pick Six in NJ. Last month the jackpot reached $30 million, right now it's about $2.5 million. But the odds are 1 in 9 million vs 1 in 300+ million for Power Ball and Mega.

Texas has changed their 6 number games a couple (more?) times over the years, with the stated 'goal' being larger jackpots. Yeah, the jackpots are bigger... but at the expense of all the lesser prizes that sucked people into playing anyway. You knew the odds of winning the jackpot were crazy, but you could put a hundred dollar bill back in your pocket if you hit four numbers. Not anymore.

They did the same thing to the 5 number game.

The $$ these lotteries generate for the states is insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events