Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 06:23 PM

41 posts, read 146,814 times

Advertisements

heres some pictures from the beach at Padre Island National Seashore
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures and live cams-csc_0300.jpg   Pictures and live cams-dsc_0313.jpg   Pictures and live cams-img_9975.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 09:17 PM

346 posts, read 739,216 times
wow, did you take those recently? that was a really pretty day down there

Old 08-31-2011, 01:10 PM

41 posts, read 146,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300zxtwinturbo View Post
wow, did you take those recently? that was a really pretty day down there
I took them all in the past three weeks.. top two sunsets were same night & bottom two are same night, very pretty sunsets lately! beach was all the same day though

Old 10-28-2011, 10:45 AM

10,261 posts, read 12,507,136 times
Nice pictures !!!!!

Old 05-31-2012, 11:44 AM

31 posts, read 72,471 times
Click image for larger version

Name:	8233_1148396753804_2614542_n.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	96169

This is a picture of the outside of a souvenir shop in between Corpus Christi and North Padre. I had more pictures of CC but I can't find them right now.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:35 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,409,871 times
Here are two, of a series I took, from downtown a couple of years ago... I seemed to have misplaced the others though, unfortunately. The date is wrong on the time stamp. I think these were actually in 2011.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:04 PM

76 posts, read 216,759 times
Here's a house along swanky Ocean Drive in Corpus Christi, Texas - the "Beverly Hills" of this coastal city. Most of the palms should be distinguishable to every palm enthusiast:

Old 04-11-2013, 12:48 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,409,871 times
A quick shot looking at downtown, from Leopard and Upper Broadway, on a cool, cloudy, April morning.

These pictures are older, but these areas have not been changed, for the most part:

One from Shoreline, looking back towards uptown.

Looking at the marina from Shoreline.

From Shoreline, looking towards North Beach

The street view from the seawall, along Shoreline.

The famous two story Whataburger.

Some of the greenery... Notice the old Memorial Coliseum still standing in this photo.

Along Chaparell at Coopers Alley.

On Upper Broadway

From the shoreline, on the bay, in Portland, looking back towards downtown Corpus Christi.

Looking towards Ingleside.

Looking out at the bay.

Hope you enjoyed these few pics, both old and new.

Last edited by gabetx; 04-11-2013 at 01:07 AM..

Old 05-04-2013, 07:50 AM

41 posts, read 90,132 times
Default travel nurse asking about Corpus Christie

Hi, I am considering taking a travel RN assignment in Corpus Christie. I have never been to Texas. I have worked in NY,NJ, FL and NV. I am a native New Yorker born in Manhattan with "rural fantasies". I think city life is very overrated. Anyway, I would be on an assignment for 13 weeks and housing is provided It would be at a psychiatric facility. Do you always need a car, I imagine that people who end on the psychiatric ward may be very acute since it seems like Texans would go there as a last resort, but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance for your input.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 10,639 times
Oh my god. Just found this forum, and it's fabulous. I lived in Corpus between 1953 to 56 as my dad was stationed at the Navy base there. When we first moved there, while we waited for our Naval housing, we stayed in a motel along the road that went to the base. I don't remember the name, but I sure wish I had a pic of it. Across the street was a little grocery store with a screen door with Pepsi push panel. I loved the smell of that store. First time I ever had a Dr. Pepper. Later, kids in school turned me on to adding peanuts to it. Great stuff. My mom would give me a dime and I could get a drink and candy for ten cents. Those were the days. Youbetcha.

My lifes fondest memories are from Corpus Cristi. I was 8 years old and Corpus was a young boys delight. So many things to do and see, with the ocean, wildlife(turtles, snakes etc hahahaha). When my dad had the "duty"(naval term for "standing guard" every fourth night), my mother would take us to the movies. The first theater we went to was the Osage drive in, which to this day I remember with love. The first time I saw that giant neon Osage Indian on the drive in screen, I thought it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. To this day I still look for pictures of it. Hence my handle. I've used that name for various things over the years, including my recording studio, and in lyrics to a song.
The first movie I saw was The Creature from the Black Lagoon. Scared me to death. Hahahaha. And there were others, like the Thunderbird too. My favorite movies were the westerns. Later when we moved to a house, I remember a water spout tornado dumped a foot of water in 15 minutes. Scariest thing I ever saw. We came home from the Osage at midnight, and my mother had to carry me and my sisters from the car to the house. Turtles, snakes, worms and bugs the size of a finger, scorpions and spiders..all floating on the water. Sheeezus. My mother was screaming out loud.
And then, we moved into the Naval housing just outside the base along an inlet from the Ocean. I spent endless days along that shore, exploring the various nature wonders. Almost got bit by a rattlesnake under a cactus. Loved the lizards, dunebugs...holy moly..haven't thought about them since I was there. Hahahahaha. And then there was the oil. Our house was about a half mile from an oil derick. I loved to go out there as there was a small creek with all kinds of things a boy could find. Like scorpions. Got bit twice. Once on my big toe, and once on my thumb. And then there as Padre. Oh my goodness. Most beautiful sea I've ever seen. And then there were the Portuguese Man of War. Astounding. One day the whole beach was covered in them. And the weather. Balmy nights, hot dry days, and the smell of the gulf. I'll never forget that. We smelled it 20 miles inland as we approached Corpus when we moved there.
One of my favorite things to do was go to Woolworths department store with my mom, and get a Lime-aid and go sit along the promenade on the gulf. Fabulous.

And then, on my walk to school, I had to pass the ugliest, dirty, critter infested pond you ever saw. Didn't stop me. I swam in that thing at least 50 times. My mother would have killed me had she found out. Hahahahaha. I learned to swim when I was 4 yrs old, and in those days, kids were allowed to kinda..well..run free. I took advantage of it though. Must have swam in every creek, pond, inlet, ocean that I could ride my bike to within 5 miles. It's a wonder I didn't die from some kind of bite, knowing everything that is around that area. I crawled under the navy houses, as they were up on piers. There was always some kind of critter under them and I had many short term pets. Some of which, my mother flipped out about.

Well, nuff said. I could go on for hours about my exploits as a kid there. Glad I found this site. The pics are wonderful too. So many memories..so little time. Thanks for letting me share some with you. I'll be back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi