Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 07:30 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times

Advertisements

Or so says a group of business people from West Tennessee who were in the area. This is the tweet they sent out about their visit.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2018, 06:30 AM

22 posts, read 66,020 times
Yeah, told you so.

It brought me here.
Let's keep it going now. Clean up and utilize all those old buildings in town.

Old 07-30-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStoCookville View Post
Yeah, told you so.

It brought me here.
Let's keep it going now. Clean up and utilize all those old buildings in town.
I didn't know the building on Cedar across the street from World Foods was vacant until you brought it up. It used to have an antique store in it, I wonder when it closed. Anyway, I agree with you, I hope it can be used again. It's in a prime location right in the thick of things downtown. I suspect it needs a lot of renovation. The lot comes with a small parking lot just to the north and is also adjacent to the parking lot of the Leslie Town Centre behind it. I would love to see something like a Mast General Store there although until the parking garage is built down the street, there's probably not enough parking for something like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeville has "model downtown"-tempsnip.png   Cookeville has "model downtown"-capture.jpg  

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 07-30-2018 at 04:26 PM..

Old 08-13-2018, 11:29 AM

Wine on the Westside is a fundraising event to raise money for Genesis House, the WestSide Merchants Association, and the Central Heritage Rail Trail. This year there were 180 different wines, craft beers, and other spirits available, food from 12 local restaurants, and two live bands. With perfect weather, it was a beautiful summer night to enjoy the libations, food, and music in the historic WestSide area of downtown Cookeville.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 07-23-2020 at 08:07 AM..

Old 08-16-2018, 12:13 PM

Default West Side remodeling

Just saw this Broad St. shop remodeling going on this morning across from Crawdaddy's.
Now if we could just get someone to do the same with that old Antique shop.....
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeville has "model downtown"-img_0928.jpg   Cookeville has "model downtown"-img_0930.jpg   Cookeville has "model downtown"-img_0931.jpg  

Old 08-16-2018, 12:15 PM

Hmm, guess that did not work quite right. Do not understand how to insert pics like JMT does.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Hmm, guess that did not work quite right. Do not understand how to insert pics like JMT does.
Your pics look great.

I noticed that remodeling, too, when I was downtown the other day. That building (the old antique store) and the former alteration shop next door are the same building as your 3rd picture; it wraps around the Pops & Gumdrops building. According to tax records, that building is owned by "WestSide Properties" which bought it for over a half million dollars a few months ago. And according to the city's building permits summary, in July a permit was filed by Matt Swallows (Swallows Insurance, former TTU football player, former mayor, host of a radio show on 94.1 every Wednesday about Cookeville area developments) for only $18,000 to renovate that building. I have absolutely no idea what Matt has in mind for that building, but I know Matt loves Cookeville so I'm confident whatever he does will be first class. The total square footage is about 7,000 square feet.

Across the street on Broad, next to the Crawdaddy's patio, another building is being renovated. I don't remember what it used to house, but it sold in June for $250,000. Unless someone has insider information, we'll have to wait til the August building permit summaries are published next month to find out more info. It's owned by "M and S Properties" on Maple Ave.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 08-16-2018, 02:28 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Your pics look great.
Across the street on Broad, next to the Crawdaddy's patio, another building is being renovated. I don't remember what it used to house, but it sold in June for $250,000. Unless someone has insider information, we'll have to wait til the August building permit summaries are published next month to find out more info. It's owned by "M and S Properties" on Maple Ave.
It housed Streamliner CG; Ms. Stingley shuttered the business and sold the building. The building had recently been updated and renovated; so, I would assume the current renovation is to remodel for its next use.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:01 PM

Sorry JMT, I was referring to that old Antique shop across the tracks that we discussed previously.
I should have been more clear.

Old 08-17-2018, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Sorry JMT, I was referring to that old Antique shop across the tracks that we discussed previously.
I should have been more clear.
Oh yeah, I'd love to know what's happening with that building. It's not for sale, and there's no for rent/lease sign on it, either, so I wonder what the owner has in mind.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville