Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2024, 08:56 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,159,185 times

Advertisements

This will be a 99,038 square foot project designed by Earl Swensson Associates and built by Brasfield & Gorrie.

“There will be a vertical expansion next to the existing Midtown hospital tower” said Piedmont Columbus Regional Chief Nursing Officer, Cary Burcham.

An official with Piedmont said the intensive care unit is spread out across the hospital in four different areas.

However, the expansion will bring everything into two spaces making equipment, technology, and people closer together.

“We’re a level 2 trauma center, safety net hospital for the community, and right now we pretty much stay full,” said Burcham.

They’ve already begun the preparatory work before official construction, but official construction will begin Monday, March 18.

43 new critical care beds and room 2.5 times bigger than current rooms.

Tristyn Winningham is a nursing student at Columbus State University. She said she thinks the expansion is needed.

“The population is rising exponentially, constantly rising, and I mean here, they’re even paying people to come live in Columbus. So, I feel like the more people that are here, I think expanding our hospitals are a good thing, whether it be in the I-C-U or any floor,” Winningham said.

And for some who many be concerned about how they will staff the new rooms once they are completed, Burcham said they have strategies in place for recruitment and retention.

https://www.wtvm.com/2024/03/14/pied...outputType=amp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
View detailed profiles of: