Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Harbaugh be fired?
Yes 2 8.70%
No 21 91.30%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 10:54 AM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times

Advertisements

No. Harbaugh hasn't been flawless but replacing him isn't the answer. There's no quarterback and Harbaugh still has Wolverine football at the best it's been in a long time. Michigan is a storied program but the program isn't what it once was. That's a tough pill for many of us to swallow. Let Harbaugh continue to lead the program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 01:40 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
Harbaugh still doesn't have his type of recruits like those he snagged at Stanford, and the QB mess he had this past season was beyond atrocious.

Granted Mich. St. & Ohio St. will both be loaded this fall even with Meyer having to find a new QB and Wisconsin & PSU will also be solid, so Harbaugh will definitely have his hands full while he integrates more of his recruits (starting with OLs and TEs) into his roster.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:32 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,838 times
I think Harbaugh is doing a fine job.

GO BUCKS !!

Old 12-29-2018, 03:56 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,689,039 times
The Man is a toothpaste salesman, not a Coach

Old 11-16-2020, 09:11 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Same question in 2020 after a 1-3 start.

Old 11-16-2020, 11:01 AM

609 posts, read 349,214 times
Harbaugh is an outstanding coach. Harbaugh is almost there. I recommend giving him another 20 years to finalize his team.

THE Ohio State Buckeyes!!!

Old 11-16-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _jbub88_ View Post
Harbaugh is an outstanding coach. Harbaugh is almost there. I recommend giving him another 20 years to finalize his team.

THE Ohio State Buckeyes!!!
Bahawah !!!

Old 11-16-2020, 02:43 PM

Count another VOTE for ~Fire his derriere~, I can't do it !!

Old 11-18-2020, 10:34 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,090 times
Harbaugh certainly deserves to be fired. He was brought to Michigan to win, to recruit, and to beat Ohio State. He has done neither of those, especially beating the Buckeyes. And as a Buckeye fan, it would be easy for me to make a snarky comment, however that is not what this thread asked for.

Michigan is in trouble, the program is relevant still in some ways due to history. They need someone in there who players want to play for. Harbaugh was supposed to be it, but no recruits are sold on him anymore and if they want to play in the Big 10, the easiest choice is Ohio State. Michigan terribly needs to have connections with Ohio high schools again, much like they did with Carr. However, people like Tressel and Urban Meyer, who come to mind, would never turn their backs on their history with Ohio State and coach up at Michigan, so I'm not sure what options Michigan has at this point. But is it time to move on from Harbaugh? I believe so. But who could they get? I don't know.

Old 11-18-2020, 02:21 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Harbaugh certainly deserves to be fired. He was brought to Michigan to win, to recruit, and to beat Ohio State. He has done neither of those, especially beating the Buckeyes. And as a Buckeye fan, it would be easy for me to make a snarky comment, however that is not what this thread asked for.

Michigan is in trouble, the program is relevant still in some ways due to history. They need someone in there who players want to play for. Harbaugh was supposed to be it, but no recruits are sold on him anymore and if they want to play in the Big 10, the easiest choice is Ohio State. Michigan terribly needs to have connections with Ohio high schools again, much like they did with Carr. However, people like Tressel and Urban Meyer, who come to mind, would never turn their backs on their history with Ohio State and coach up at Michigan, so I'm not sure what options Michigan has at this point. But is it time to move on from Harbaugh? I believe so. But who could they get? I don't know.

Not disagreeing with you.. But where do they go from here?

Say they fire him.. Who do they replace him with? Unless you have someone in the pipeline who is considered to be an improvement.. You're rolling the dice. Sometimes it's worth the consideration of you've got nothing better to go to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football