Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 08:34 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean View Post
the TRINITY must be believed to be saved ! ?

Neither Jesus, Mary & Joseph , all his apostles, even the first century church Never even heard of such a Doctrine.

the TRINITY is a Doctrine of Man, formulated 350 years after Christ, at the church council of 381 AD.

Satan Deceived the whole world !
Neither acceptance in or rejection of the Trinity is going to make an ounce of difference in whether one will be saved. Salvation is not about picking the right answers on a true-false test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2020, 08:40 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Neither acceptance in or rejection of the Trinity is going to make an ounce of difference in whether one will be saved. Salvation is not about picking the right answers on a true-false test.

All have erred in their respective doctrines at some stage, it’s part of being human... but that is not what is held against His people

It’s the wickedness against the Holy Spirit which puts doctrines above the Spirit’s urging spoken of here

Gal 5:22**But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23**Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Old 11-07-2020, 09:32 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post

All have erred in their respective doctrines at some stage, it’s part of being human... but that is not what is held against His people

It’s the wickedness against the Holy Spirit which puts doctrines above the Spirit’s urging spoken of here

Gal 5:22**But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23**Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Old 11-08-2020, 05:41 AM

175 posts, read 174,697 times
Here is a quote from a portion of L.Ray Smiths work,, i believe tells a lot, there is a lot more he has to say, this is just a short example:

Whenever someone tries to teach you a doctrine that is UNscriptural, he will always be forced to use words that are unscriptural.
  • First of all, nowhere in the Scriptures is God referred to or called a "trinity."
  • Second, the word "three" is never used in reference to Who or What God is.
  • Third, God is never called or referred to as "a person."
  • Four, the holy spirit is never called "God."
  • Five, since Christ is the Son, He cannot also be the Father or be coequal with His Father. Christ plainly said:
"My Father is GREATER than I" (John 14:28).
The holy spirit is never called God, God is never referred to as a trinity or a person or consisting of three, and Christ is the Son of the Father, YET this mysterious doctrine is believed by millions. Why?
Let's see if my thousand page Hastings Dictionary of the Bible can help us.
Page 1015: TRINITY--The Christian doctrine of God as existing in three Persons and one Substance IS NOT DEMONSTRABLE BY LOGIC or SCRIPTURAL PROOF..." (Emphasis mine).
What an admission. But (I surely don't want to leave out the "but"), but, we are told that it is, "...a NECESSARY HYPOTHESIS, ABOVE REASON but not contrary to it" (Emphasis mine again). Yah, right. That's like saying square circles are "above reason but not contrary to it."

blessings ya'll

Old 11-08-2020, 07:47 AM

14,967 posts, read 9,797,636 times
Is God capable of transforming himself into flesh and spirit? or not? We must first answer that question.

Remember we're talking about the infinite capacity of God... so I for one will NEVER confine my God into a human finite understanding of what must be or what can't be. His understanding is not our understanding...

With that said, we must give an account of what we know to be true or what we think to be true, to those around us ... including ourselves. There is nothing wrong with saying or believing "I don't get it" or don't believe that. The failure would be to QUIT seeking truth and wisdom. I would only say, don't be luke warm about it and you know why.

God doesn't judge on intellectual capacity, biblical knowledge, passage remembrance or understanding (unless you teach), but he does judge on moral choices we make.

... just sayin'

Old 11-08-2020, 07:58 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
No, look at all sentences of Jesus speaking of God: always as "his father", and always in third person. He never ever says "us" or "we". Same for the Holy Spirit. Plus, there's all those scriptures about Jesus seated at the right hand of God. Clearly someone separate.

The trinity is a fabrication of the church. Though recognizing him as a holy and perfect, they perversely fear to separate him from God, like the angels. But if you only read scripture, and tune out the church, that's exactly what you will find. There's a hierarchy there: Jesus, holy spirit, angels. All holy, but all separate beings working together.

Nowhere in scripture does Jesus say believe in "us", or believe in the trinity. It's only believe in "me" / Jesus.
That’s what occurred to me a long time ago, I read it myself and was seeing things in it that contradicted the behavior of the churches...

Old 11-08-2020, 08:01 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Indeed, the Church fabricated the doctrine of the Trinity.
Just as fabricated as a lot of histories are...

Old 11-08-2020, 08:17 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:

Neither Jesus, Mary & Joseph , all his apostles, even the first century church Never even heard of such a Doctrine.

the TRINITY is a Doctrine of Man, formulated 350 years after Christ, at the church council of 381 AD.

So are you asserting that those that hold to the belief that it is Biblical are not Christians?

Old 11-08-2020, 08:20 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:

Weird how the apostles actually wrote about it, then. And Jesus claimed to be God.

Old 11-08-2020, 08:20 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,857,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So are you asserting that those that hold to the belief that it is Biblical are not Christians?
They sound confused to me.
On the one hand, they say it's not found in the Bible.
On the other hand, the Bible cannot be trusted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity