Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 06:08 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,422,206 times

Advertisements

Well the ones coming in to DuPage Co like the scum that shot up Oakbrook mall are going to learn the hard way that Kim Foxx is not the state's attorney here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2021, 06:43 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,764,113 times
Lincoln Park and Lakeview seem to be the latest neighborhoods falling victim to violent assaults, robberies and carjackings. The perpetrators still haven't been caught yet. 20 robberies in the course of 2 months have been committed in those two neighborhoods ABC7 reports. CTA Red Line riders are not immune either. Meanwhile, all the news reports say are the police are investigating. How in the name of the highest power are they going to catch these criminals who are by now running around them in circles or hightailed off to another part of town? Covid contact tracing might even be a easier task than that.

Old 12-31-2021, 08:48 AM

420 posts, read 302,532 times
Default What was Chicago's most murderous neighborhoods/CA's in 1970, 1974, and 1991/92

In those years Chicago's homicides was record high. We knew that cabrini green was super dangerous back then. But what were the most dangerous parts of the city during those years?

Old 12-31-2021, 10:00 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,568,941 times
I wonder how many of these people voted for Lori Lightfoot or Kim Foxx?

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2021/12...ers-robberies/

Old 12-31-2021, 12:44 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,862,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post

I have mentioned for years (which was mentioned in the clip you provided) that reacting AFTER crime takes place is worthless. The reason Chicago has so much violent crime is because police are not PROACTIVE in preventing it before it happens. They need to have a presence in neighborhoods where there is lots of foot traffic. There need to be undercovers on the lookout. They need to monitor social media. They need to have undercovers. This is 2022, there is advanced surveillance available. The city will continue to crumble until they switch their strategies.

Old 12-31-2021, 05:35 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,544,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post

My thoughts exactly. I lived in Lake View. Sure, there are many people who are more moderate and conservative in the area. But, the area was a hotbed of anti-police protests and activity and the politics are decidedly anti-police. I hate to say it, but, Chicago voters made their bed. Now, they must lie in it.

Old 12-31-2021, 06:18 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
Oh, you poor Chicagoans!!! .... I say, as I sip this wine at EJs Place, in Skokie/Wilmette. First time I actually vame IN here.

This place is awesome!!!!

Happy New Year!

Old 01-01-2022, 01:44 PM

249 posts, read 181,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
My thoughts exactly. I lived in Lake View. Sure, there are many people who are more moderate and conservative in the area. But, the area was a hotbed of anti-police protests and activity and the politics are decidedly anti-police. I hate to say it, but, Chicago voters made their bed. Now, they must lie in it.
If you think Lake View is anti cop then you need to come to the west side or south side. You'd be in for a huge shock.

Old 01-01-2022, 03:02 PM

9,975 posts, read 5,672,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticsLover2003 View Post
In those years Chicago's homicides was record high. We knew that cabrini green was super dangerous back then. But what were the most dangerous parts of the city during those years?
As for the early 1990s, pretty much the same ones that still are today: Englewood/West Englewood, Austin, West Garfield Park, Auburn-Gresham, South Shore, North Lawndale, etc. And the Cabrini Green towers were torn down, but the rowhouses are still there and anyone who doesn't live in them still has no business hanging around there.

Some neighborhoods that were rough back then are now full-on yuppie playgrounds like Logan Square and Pilsen.

Some that were rough then are in transition today like Uptown, Albany Park, Bronzeville (where the Robert Taylor and Ida B. Wells projects were), and East Garfield Park, with Albany Park and Uptown still a little rough around the edges, East Garfield Park still fundamentally a mess but looking upward, and Bronzeville somewhere in between. Then you have the split-personality neighborhoods like Humboldt Park with the eastern half now being a borderline destination neighborhood while the western half is still a war zone, and same with the northern and southern halves of Woodlawn respectively.

And then there are some that were clinging to life back then but have since lost their grip like Brighton Park, Gage Park, Marquette Park, and Chicago Lawn, while their neighbors to the west like West Lawn, West Elsdon, and Archer Heights are now holding on for dear life.

Old 01-02-2022, 12:43 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,544,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cuccino View Post
If you think Lake View is anti cop then you need to come to the west side or south side. You'd be in for a huge shock.
West side and south side gangbangers are anti-police, obviously. But, they are not politically engaged in a fight against the police the way so-called "progressives" are. In fact, many regular everyday working-class people in higher-crime areas have usually expressed a desire for an additional police presence in their communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago