Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2024, 12:31 AM

154 posts, read 103,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendill View Post
Silly question, but I’ve noticed a severe lack of streetlights in the Glen Ellyn/Wheaton/Lombard/Oak Brook/ etc area. Is there a place around here that has well lit roads? Do most suburbs have a lack of street lights? I just moved here, so I don’t know the area that well, but I’m used to having well lit roads and would prefer having that.
Others already said it, but yes closer to the city and denser neighborhoods will have more street lighting.

Cicero, Berwyn, Brookfield, Riverside, Forest Park, Oak Park, La Grange....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:05 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,414,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamenVChicago View Post
Others already said it, but yes closer to the city and denser neighborhoods will have more street lighting.

Cicero, Berwyn, Brookfield, Riverside, Forest Park, Oak Park, La Grange....
Waukegan felt like it had a LOT of street lighting, when I was out there in the past. That said to me I personally like streets that aren't excessively lit with too much street lights. For example, it feels like the lights in Evanston aren't too dim, nor are they too bright which is nice. I'd agree with the person who said Cicero, Berwyn, and Brookfield had a lot of lights.

Btw if you hate very dim street lighting, don't move to Riverside. I don't mind that the lights are dim since I don't like excessive lighting, but that felt like the most dim street lights I had seen in ANY Chicago suburb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs