Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 04:09 PM

1,684 posts, read 3,952,687 times

Advertisements

I’ve noticed Morning anchor John Paul is now reporting stories from the field and Damany Lewis is the anchor with several of the ladies as co-anchors. Curious about the changes - WSOC seems to need a few more field reporters, Joe Bruno fills in on the anchor desk. Gina Esposito does traffic. experience for them to move on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2021, 09:38 AM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
They have switched Damany Lewis and John Paul. Damany Lewis is now the morning anchor and John Paul now anchors noon and 7pm. Former morning anchor Britanny Johnson left WSOC and moved to Dallas for a new anchor job there. Elsa Gillis seems to be the replacement. SC reporter Greg Suskin left to work for York County or Fort Mill I believe as a public spokesperson. And sports anchor Phil Orban also serves as a news anchor and reporter Deshawn Brown also covers sports in addition to news assignments. Since Cox Media was acquired by investment firm Apollo, the budget at stations such a WSB and WSOC seems to be much tighter resulting in cutbacks and more limited staffing. Despite certain cutbacks, Channel 9 remains the top rated Charlotte news station and presents a strong newscast.

Old 11-11-2021, 12:35 PM

1,684 posts, read 3,952,687 times
thank you for the info. I don't watch the 7PM or Noon news so I was unaware of the change. I like Damany in the morning.

Old 11-12-2021, 08:39 AM

I have no official insight or knowledge in regard to what they are doing but it does look like they may need to hire some new reporters if Apollo allows.

Old 02-08-2022, 09:44 AM

At WSOC-TV they have now added Deneige Broom as the new morning anchor with Demany Lewis. She comes from Cox Media sister station WFTV in Orlando, which is also branded as Channel 9 Eyewitness News.

Old 09-24-2022, 09:55 AM

In recent weeks, anchor John Paul departed WSOC for Philadelphia. And just last week anchor Allison Latos retired for a corporate job in the private sector. Two strong anchor/reporter positions they need to replace. Both were good and will be missed.

Old 09-24-2022, 09:57 AM

Also nice to see Leigh Brock fill in for the weather on WSOC after departing WBTV. Wish they woud make her a permanent hire on Channel 9.

Old 01-08-2023, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Also nice to see Leigh Brock fill in for the weather on WSOC after departing WBTV. Wish they woud make her a permanent hire on Channel 9.
Today is the last day on Channel 9 for morning meteorologist Ashley Kramlich who is moving to Cox Media sister station WSB Channel 2 Action News in Atlanta, her hometown. Would be nice if they would make Leigh Brock her permanent replacement, but she has not filled in on WSOC since last fall. Not sure what she is doing now but it would be great to have her back.

New anchors joining WSOC late last year include Evan Donovan, Madison Carter, and Dan Matics. Donovan is a Raleigh area native who previously worked at 13-WLOS in Asheville and most recently at WFLA in Tampa.

Old 01-08-2023, 06:17 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Today is the last day on Channel 9 for morning meteorologist Ashley Kramlich who is moving to Cox Media sister station WSB Channel 2 Action News in Atlanta, her hometown. Would be nice if they would make Leigh Brock her permanent replacement, but she has not filled in on WSOC since last fall. Not sure what she is doing now but it would be great to have her back.

New anchors joining WSOC late last year include Evan Donovan, Madison Carter, and Dan Matics. Donovan is a Raleigh area native who previously worked at 13-WLOS in Asheville and most recently at WFLA in Tampa.
I'm pretty sure Leigh Brock filled in just the other night on WSOC.

Old 01-09-2023, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I'm pretty sure Leigh Brock filled in just the other night on WSOC.
Good to hear must have missed that. I would hope they would make her a permanent offer at WSOC since they now have an opening in the mornings. She is pleasant and professional and was very good on WBTV. It has been nice to see her fill in on WSOC so I would hope they would retain her for the full time position.

And reading between the lines, I am speculating that Steve Udelson may be nearing retirement. As he has been strongly promoting John Ahrens recently in promo spots consistently airing, as perhaps the heir apparent. We shall see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte