Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:32 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,874,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvintar View Post
I do, too; took my grandmother, my dad and my husband. I hope it doesn't get me, but there is no way of predicting.
It took my grandfather and now my dad recently
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 08:43 AM

915 posts, read 2,128,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
It took my grandfather and now my dad recently
I'm so sorry. <<<hugs>>>

Old 05-11-2012, 09:54 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,086,761 times
So sorry for your losses, Tony.

SD4020 and theatergypsy - I'm trying to do the same, trying to stay as active as I can. Life is too short, and I have many things I want to do in life yet. (Although I am not going to win the prize for "most active" today, I assure you!)

chelle - Love the pick of you barrel racing. We have an annual rodeo around here and it's one of my favorite events to watch.

I had my first therapy session today for the cording. It went well and we saw improvement. The therapist thinks I probably won't need more than another session or two to break the cord up. I hate all the weird things cancer and its treatments do to my body! But so relieved this one can be readily fixed.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:55 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,947,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
So sorry for your losses, Tony.

SD4020 and theatergypsy - I'm trying to do the same, trying to stay as active as I can. Life is too short, and I have many things I want to do in life yet. (Although I am not going to win the prize for "most active" today, I assure you!)

chelle - Love the pick of you barrel racing. We have an annual rodeo around here and it's one of my favorite events to watch.

I had my first therapy session today for the cording. It went well and we saw improvement. The therapist thinks I probably won't need more than another session or two to break the cord up. I hate all the weird things cancer and its treatments do to my body! But so relieved this one can be readily fixed.
That's the key, Christina. There assuredly are days when active means you breathe and get up to go to the bathroom. Those are the days you give in and admit that activity ain't happenin'. I had those days but fortunately, they were only here and there until I finished my chemo. You do what you can.

Glad the therapy session went well. Sounds promising.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:24 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,848,884 times
I'm so sorry Tony.

Thanks christina! Glad your therapy went well. Along with the cording, watch for lymphedema and frozen shoulder. I was amazed at how fast my shoulder went from just fine to absolutely NOT fine. I do stretches most days to keep it from freezing again.

As for cancer. Well. pft. I have no respect for cancer. It may kill me eventually, but I'm not going to let it take me easily. I plan on LIVING every single day I have left. When I can't LIVE anymore I'll stay too doped up to care.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:29 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
During my treatment I was working a full time job, running a business as another full time job. Sold the business during treatment. And was doing contract work too.

It was over the winter. In that time my grandmother passed away, I took a trip to the twin cities, and really didn't want the cancer to take any of my time.

Afterwords I slowed down what I was doing for a while. The first time I took the jet ski out after treatment it was rewarding and so much fun.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:28 AM

915 posts, read 2,128,305 times
I haven't changed my activities either; I wasn't doing that much, to begin with though--just teaching. I'm mostly over the creaky part of the post-chemo that occurs, for me, 48 hours after the treatment. It hurt but I was prepared for it this time and managed to sleep (with Meletonin). Feel better this morning; teaching a group lesson and 4 1/2 hours of private lessons today. Don't feel that great, though.

Doc said I might have had this tumor for five years; this would explain a lot. I'm still not convinced I'll get through this unscathed. I know a positive attitude helps, but the loss of control is disturbing.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:22 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,086,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
There assuredly are days when active means you breathe and get up to go to the bathroom. Those are the days you give in and admit that activity ain't happenin'. I had those days but fortunately, they were only here and there until I finished my chemo. You do what you can.
Yup, that's yesterday and today. I'm doing laundry today and that's about it. Had to throw my husband off of the couch - when I have a down day, he thinks he is having one too. lol Not today, he has a big honey do list to work on!

Old 05-12-2012, 10:46 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,337,159 times
Hi everyone,

Haven't been on here much lately as we're in the process of moving and dealing with the loan stuff.

Love your picture Chele. Looks like you're doing great.

Sorry for your losses Tony. It's hard to lose someone.

I've been having recurring cancer dreams. What's up with that? Anyone else have that experience? Maybe it's just the stress of moving and all.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:04 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,848,884 times
Thanks song! I am doing great.

Moving sucks, you have my sympathy.

I had a dream once, right after my first diagnosis. Ugh. They say you never see your own death in dreams. They are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer