Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM

9,913 posts, read 7,738,325 times

Advertisements

Hi, my Wife moved down to NC four years ago. Our oldest is 4 want to introduce her to camping and tent camping. At the moment looking for seasonal and cabins to rent..Wife wants to try to find a place like the one went to growing up.

Had themed weeks, activities, rec hall, camp store, cabins/seasonals/tent sites, pool, hot tub, and amphitheater was family owned. Did eventually sell.

Not sure if due to the warm weather but lot of the places looking at down South have roaches or bed bugs. Lot of the KOAs got the BB been looking at with reviews. Could of just been ambiguous with the places staying at up North never read reviews, ha.

Any recommendations for campgrounds to look into??? Eventually will do tent camping next year, Wife pregnant with 2nd child, so wants to do a cabin or glamp this year.

Thanks!!!
Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM

456 posts, read 429,700 times
Can't help on your request but throw out a possibility to consider renting an RV.

Whatever you end up with have a great time!!

Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM

9,913 posts, read 7,738,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodolfocostarica View Post
Can't help on your request but throw out a possibility to consider renting an RV.

Whatever you end up with have a great time!!
Saw a few sites with RV rentals they seemed cleaner than the cabins.

Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM

26,044 posts, read 22,236,237 times
Car/SUV/Van camping has become very popular with all sorts of accessories, so if you have a vehicle of a decent size, you might consider just doing that, I mean, it is a major business now outfitting them. When I was a kid, decades ago, I never heard of bed bugs, well' other than the children's rhyme about bedtime, but now, they are everywhere it seems. I don't "clean" will be the operative word in avoiding them either. We haven't had them, but have been where it seemed everyone else did. They are very easy to "transport" with you, and very hard to get rid of. Sadly, I knew someone who was telling me about a house with children that had them, and it appeared they get to a point of simply accepting their presence.

If you must stay some place, learn all you can about bed bugs, and possibly fleas.

Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM

4,389 posts, read 4,417,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Hi, my Wife moved down to NC four years ago. Our oldest is 4 want to introduce her to camping and tent camping. At the moment looking for seasonal and cabins to rent..Wife wants to try to find a place like the one went to growing up.

Had themed weeks, activities, rec hall, camp store, cabins/seasonals/tent sites, pool, hot tub, and amphitheater was family owned. Did eventually sell.

Not sure if due to the warm weather but lot of the places looking at down South have roaches or bed bugs. Lot of the KOAs got the BB been looking at with reviews. Could of just been ambiguous with the places staying at up North never read reviews, ha.

Any recommendations for campgrounds to look into??? Eventually will do tent camping next year, Wife pregnant with 2nd child, so wants to do a cabin or glamp this year.

Thanks!!!
Look at the Little Arrow resort website (118 Stables Drive, Townsend, Tn). They have RV's glamping tents, cabins etc. Nice pool and outdoor gathering space with firepit. Small store, food trucks, fishing. Lots of people float the river (Little River).
Townsend is a neat little tourist town adjacent to the Smoky Mountain National Park. Good places to eat and shop.

Also, go to the 'Mountain Vibes Vacations' website to get some ideas about cabins in and around the Smoky Mountains. LOTS of options.

Old Today, 04:48 AM

1,441 posts, read 772,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Car/SUV/Van camping has become very popular with all sorts of accessories, so if you have a vehicle of a decent size, you might consider just doing that,
Oh, yeah, a camper van will be great with a 4 year old and a pregnant wife.

My recommendation would be looking at state parks that have cabins. We travel in our camper but have seen plenty of nice looking cabins in GA, NC, and VA. I think you're more likely to find self-contained cabins or at least cabins close to nice restrooms and state parks usually have a nice lake or waterway for recreation.

For example, we've camped here a couple times. It's lovely and the cabins looked really nice. There are lots of state parks and they are the camping bargain these days IMO. - https://gastateparks.org/Seminole

Old Today, 12:46 PM

19,883 posts, read 22,793,559 times
One of our favorite all time places to stay when we lived in WV and the kids were little-

https://wvstateparks.com/park/blackw...ls-state-park/

Generally, the park is very cool and not real humid in the summer months. We always tent camped but they do have cabins. There are some cute historic towns nearby, Davis/Thomas and the mountain scenery is great. You could stay a little while then head south to the scenic Cass railroad and take steam train ride up the mountain. Loads of fun for all ages.

Old Today, 03:13 PM

26,044 posts, read 22,236,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Oh, yeah, a camper van will be great with a 4 year old and a pregnant wife.

My recommendation would be looking at state parks that have cabins. We travel in our camper but have seen plenty of nice looking cabins in GA, NC, and VA. I think you're more likely to find self-contained cabins or at least cabins close to nice restrooms and state parks usually have a nice lake or waterway for recreation.

For example, we've camped here a couple times. It's lovely and the cabins looked really nice. There are lots of state parks and they are the camping bargain these days IMO. - https://gastateparks.org/Seminole
Beats fleas and bed bugs! It is the south, and bugs have an edge there. I lived in NC, AL and MS in the past. A lot of people do it with babies and kids.

Maybe take bed bug resistant bed coverings, as those are now available almost everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing